Why are you no religious and why don't some of you beieve in God and Jesus?

1192021222325»

Comments

• Marc_Anthony1Marc_Anthony1 Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because people live in a boxed off reality based on what they see and perceive to be scientific. I am not religious, I do believe in God, but I am open minded and not up myself enough to think my belief is better than anyone else's; which is unusual as most of the posters on here are the opposite, particularly those who are 'atheist', mostly quite nasty, patronising and hideous people in my experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodenCat wrote: »
    When i feel them I will believe. All I have felt is alone, and I am not a bad person.

In a not-very-good thread, this poignant post really stands out. :cry:
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,169
    Forum Member
    I have autism and repeating myself is part of my autism unless you don't know what autism is

It know that it happens when speaking, I have never heard of it happening while writing. ;-)
  • originalboboriginalbob Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I have a great deal of respect for the basic teachings of the worlds major religions. However-I'm not religious because what I don't have any respect for is the monolithic organisations that many of those religions have become. I'll make my own choices and deal with my Creator myself if I need to myself thank you very much....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Because people live in a boxed off reality based on what they see and perceive to be scientific. I am not religious, I do believe in God, but I am open minded and not up myself enough to think my belief is better than anyone else's; which is unusual as most of the posters on here are the opposite, particularly those who are 'atheist', mostly quite nasty, patronising and hideous people in my experience.

Nasty, patronising and hideous are the attributes normally found in the religious zealots. Especially when they are judging people, preaching fire and brimstone, and telling people they will be going to hell. They are invariably hypocrites, busybodies and tightwads.

Meanwhile, us atheists are actually enjoying life and not worrying about grovelling to sky-fairies. See you at the pub.....
  • Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    I have autism and repeating myself is part of my autism unless you don't know what autism is

but since you started these threads on ds before you know and can predict what the responses will be like. i'm sure you have a capacity to learn and remember past events :kitty:
  • originalboboriginalbob Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Nasty, patronising and hideous are the attributes normally found in the religious zealots. Especially when they are judging people, preaching fire and brimstone, and telling people they will be going to hell. They are invariably hypocrites, busybodies and tightwads.

Hear Hear! :D:D:D
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    Has anyone done family history before or found out mote about family members you have never met?

Yes....
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes....

Cool. See I mean my Church does family history so people can trace family members and find out more so if anyone wants to find out more about the family so anyone who is interested then find out more about family https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CEUQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2F&ei=ldeuU9T3MKiw7AbL2oDYCw&usg=AFQjCNFbAt5qVu7jKHk5Ax-9ZaShk1Kc0w&sig2=hw-yuA_estkNBecR9pmcSA&bvm=bv.69837884,d.ZGU
  • Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    My parents used to make me go to Sunday school when I was little. We'd all sit in this fusty old Congregational hall for a few hymns, then they'd clear off and leave me to be marched off to little side rooms where different groups of kids would sit bored to tears while we had Bible stories read to us.

It was sheer hell and I couldn't work out why my parents were punishing me in this way. One Sunday when I was about nine years old I told them that I didn't want to go any more and that I'd rather go fishing in a local stream with my tiddler net. To my amazement they agreed without question.

All those years I suffered the drudgery and monotony of that miserable place. If only I'd protested sooner. I think my parents only sent me there because it was still expected of them at that time. I don't think my dad really wanted anything to do with it, but just went along with it to please my mum.

Me and my 2 brothers went to Sunday School as it was a cheap way for my Mum and Dad to get us from under their feet for an hour or so at the weekend. We finally said that we didn't want to go, and it stopped.
    Forum Member
    Cool. See I mean my Church does family history so people can trace family members and find out more so if anyone wants to find out more about the family so anyone who is interested then find out more about family https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CEUQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffamilysearch.org%2F&ei=ldeuU9T3MKiw7AbL2oDYCw&usg=AFQjCNFbAt5qVu7jKHk5Ax-9ZaShk1Kc0w&sig2=hw-yuA_estkNBecR9pmcSA&bvm=bv.69837884,d.ZGU

Yes, I think a lot of people are very appreciative of that.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep they are :)
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Because it saddens me that lots of people don't believe and say they will never believe and I don't understand how someone can say they won't ever be religious because at the end of the day we don't know what will happen in 5, 10 or 20 years time some people's opinions change and some don't.

While I duly respect the beliefs of others (as long as they don't try to indoctrinate others or use it for harm) I don't believe and I know I never will.

How can I believe in something that is supposed to be good, when I have had to endure a great deal of personal pain and loss in my life? How can I believe when children are so cruelly treated, people starve to death through famine, vile creatures like jimmy saviour get away scot free?

Everytime I've been desperate, thought I can't go on with the pain I've been feeling anymore, where has 'God' been? Why has 'he' allowed it to happen?

I'm a good person. I try my very best to be kind, caring, loving and supportive to others. Tbh, like many others, I deserve a break. There are people who are unfit to breathe having baby after baby, then treating them like scum, abusing them, destroying them. All the while I can't have a baby. My babies die in me. Where is 'God' all the while this is going on?

So, while I'm glad for all those who find comfort in their beliefs, I never will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    "I have autism and repeating myself is part of my autism unless you don't know what autism is"

If you repeating yourself is conditional on me knowing what autism is then I don't know what autism is. Hurah! no more repeating yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member

Meanwhile, us atheists are actually enjoying life and not worrying about grovelling to sky-fairies. See you at the pub.....

What rubbish. Us religious people don't all judge people so you are plain wrong. Us religious people do live a life like everyone else and we don't worship "sky-fairies" either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Can the Mods please close this thread as Mormon wanted. Thanks mods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member

Does this website show our family tree all the way back to Adam and Eve?
  • Boneman1946Boneman1946 Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    "See I mean my Church does family history so people can trace family members"

Now I wonder why that is?

Altruism? I don't think so. My cynicism strongly suggests there is an ulterior motive behind the Mormons getting into genealogy. Try this for starters: http://www.pbs.org/mormons/etc/genealogy.html
    Forum Member
    "See I mean my Church does family history so people can trace family members"

Now I wonder why that is?

Altruism? I don't think so. My cynicism strongly suggests there is an ulterior motive behind the Mormons getting into genealogy. Try this for starters: http://www.pbs.org/mormons/etc/genealogy.html

This is true. But they can baptise all my dead relatives if they like. I'm pretty certain they're past caring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member

Hah! We are into family history and happen to live less than half a mile from a Mormon family history centre. We went to one of their open days. \the first thing they expected visitors to do is sit through a 15 minute film about their bloody religion. We sneaked out and did talk to their so-called family history experts. They were actually useless, the only useful thing they have is the online 1881 census. They are not averse from enticing you in and then starting the hard sell though.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
    Administrator
    This thread has been closed as per the request of the thread starter.
This discussion has been closed.