Options

could OTY get to the final?

BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
Forum Member
✭✭
The way it's shaping up I feel the semis is going to be Ben, fleur, OTY and andrea.

When SK go I think that really eill be the push for OTY. Wouldn't be surprised to see andrea go in the semis and they reach the final

Comments

• Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they could and with the right songs should. But the judges will likely make sure that they dont.
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they have a moment with a ballad in the next couple of weeks, they could be propelled on to the finals and possibly to a win. At the moment I think their best bet is top 5.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends if it's a 3 or 4 act final.

IMO, Ben, Fleur and Andrea are almost certainly going to be the last 3 standing so, if it's a 4 act final, there is still a place up for grabs
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why must they have to do a ballad to get to the final!!! It shouldn't be necessary
  • Options
    sorrellsorrell Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope not. I know I've said it before but I really cannot see the love for this group. I don't think even they know what they're trying to be. A bit of fun? Cheesey grins and jumping around a lot, whacky costumes, they're same difference just with a little bit more talent. They can sing I guess, but none of them are outstanding, and I've heard them wailing off key on quite a few occassions. At least with SK one of their singers does have an outstandingly good voice, and week on week the other singers are improving and there's a market for them out there, though the world doesn't necessarily need another boy band - Stevi even is entertaining in an ironic way, you could almost say he's so bad, he's good - and he knows he's bad too! What's this feeble bunch's excuse?
    Apologies to those who love them - but I can't stand the sight or sound of them!

I think the final final two standing will be Fleur and Ben (if he manages to hold on this week) and Fleur will win!
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If its a 4 person final yep then they will because it will be them, Lauren, Andrea, Fleur
  • Options
    Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so.

Between them Fleur and Ben we may have a good winner.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so.

Between them Fleur and Ben we may have a good winner.

I agree, I think OTY, Fleur and Ben have the most chance of success after the show, and possibly Lauren too with the right management.
    I'd love to see OTY in the final.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They put a big smile on my face this week. They do feel a bit dated with the whole S Club/Glee thing but this is a Saturday night entertainment show and they are fun and entertaining so for me one of the few acts ticking the right box.
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    The interesting thing about Only The Young is they are the favourite to leave every week but then they manage to unstick themselves from that and pull out one of the best performances every week.

I'm not sure they will make the final as the Ben/Andrea/Lauren/Fleur forces are too strong, but I do think they have another few weeks in them if they keep rising to the challenge like this.
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Potentially, but I doubt it. I don't think they deserve to either. They are one of the weakest acts remaining (only better than Stevi and Stereo Kicks) and were very poor yesterday, with the main singer even messing up the words towards the end. He admitted after the song how poorly he did too.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chances are quite slim...wouldn't be surprised if they leave tonight..
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Yes, of course. I think SK will get the boot soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Potentially, but I doubt it. I don't think they deserve to either. They are one of the weakest acts remaining (only better than Stevi and Stereo Kicks) and were very poor yesterday, with the main singer even messing up the words towards the end. He admitted after the song how poorly he did too.

he made one tiny slip,that no one would have noticed if Simon didnt mention it.I thought they were great and hope they make the final.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they were really good this week and Halloween week and, when they do those sorts of performances, are much more fun than Stevi. It's when they do *proper* songs they fall down for me and come across as a kids cabaret act
  • Options
    JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kangroo4 wrote: »
    he made one tiny slip,that no one would have noticed if Simon didnt mention it.I thought they were great and hope they make the final.

It was very noticeable so I doubt that. He forgot a whole line then got the next line totally wrong. I can't even remember Simon bringing it up specifically, but I'm surprised that it was just glossed over in general. Other contestants in the past (Tamera Foster, Janet Devlin) weren't afforded the same luxury.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully but I can't see them finishing higher than 5th.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although Lauren started out well with her versions of Happy and Flashdance, she has been a bot boring recently. So she could be overtaken by OTY, and thus be in the final with Andrea and Ben or Fleur.
  • Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OTY are joint favourites with Stevi to go home next week at the bookies.
  • Options
    Pingu222Pingu222 Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    OTY are joint favourites with Stevi to go home next week at the bookies.

They were favourite to go all of last week before Saturday's show. After their performance they jumped to 5th favourite to win. So bookies odds don't really hold much weight to me.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorrell wrote: »
    I do hope not. I know I've said it before but I really cannot see the love for this group. I don't think even they know what they're trying to be. A bit of fun? Cheesey grins and jumping around a lot, whacky costumes, they're same difference just with a little bit more talent. They can sing I guess, but none of them are outstanding, and I've heard them wailing off key on quite a few occassions. At least with SK one of their singers does have an outstandingly good voice, and week on week the other singers are improving and there's a market for them out there, though the world doesn't necessarily need another boy band - Stevi even is entertaining in an ironic way, you could almost say he's so bad, he's good - and he knows he's bad too! What's this feeble bunch's excuse?
    Apologies to those who love them - but I can't stand the sight or sound of them!

I think the final final two standing will be Fleur and Ben (if he manages to hold on this week) and Fleur will win!

Well said.I agree with every word.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. If the producers wanted, definitely.
    They couldn't win but to get in the top 4 is a realistic expectation.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope they do
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall people asking this about Little Mix in 2011 and people giving the same responses.

....look at them now. One of the worlds biggest girl bands and one of the most successful X factor winners yet.

I dno if OTY will make it or not but it's not impossible. I deffo think they will have a very good career after the show though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I recall people asking this about Little Mix in 2011 and people giving the same responses.

....look at them now. One of the worlds biggest girl bands and one of the most successful X factor winners yet.

I dno if OTY will make it or not but it's not impossible. I deffo think they will have a very good career after the show though.

Completely agree about Little Mix, they're not that great in terms of vocal variations, don't know who is singing who is not when they're performing because they basically sounded similar.

OTY could go really far if they had a real moment to prove that they can actually sing. It should be done next week!