Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They did even better today with the Kyle/His Dad stuff. I like that Kyle didn't refer to him as 'Dad' when he spoke to Sheila.

Brad & Terese was sad. Even though she knows it's mainly her problem, she admits that she can't see past it at the moment.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ned was Born in 93/4. Paige was born in 1995.

Wasn't Lauren pregnant with Paige before Brad and Beth moved away and had Ned (and Brad got a new head)? Wouldn't they be about the same age?
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I really liked the scenes with Kyle and Gary. They were well written and Chris Milligan did a decent job of portraying Kyle's hurt.

Did anyone notice Bossy nearly tripped up Gary when he ran off, and he kinda bumped into the wall?

Brad and Terese deciding to separate was sad, but not completely unexpected. At least she can say she tried to mix with Lauren/Paige. Although, considering she's quite short, she was never going to be any good at basketball!
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Lauren pregnant with Paige before Brad and Beth moved away and had Ned (and Brad got a new head)? Wouldn't they be about the same age?

IIRC Lauren left a few months after Brad and Beth (they left at the end of 1993) so Ned and Paige are very similar ages, 20.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who was doing yes chant when snake moved out love her character
  • Tweety PieTweety Pie Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Imogen (and Josh) are going to start blaming Paige for Terese moving out. I hope Josh will at least defend Paige as she seems to have a better relationship with her brothers as opposed to her sisters.
    Forum Member
    I think it's quite understandable that Imogen would blame Paige, considering she probably knows nothing of how her parents got together, or what Terese is really feeling; from her perspective, everything was fine until Paige rocked up.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    who was doing yes chant when snake moved out love her character

Eh? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    I think it's quite understandable that Imogen would blame Paige, considering she probably knows nothing of how her parents got together, or what Terese is really feeling; from her perspective, everything was fine until Paige rocked up.

I like to think Imogen is a wise character, then she does something stupid like that. Paige cannot be held accountable for being born or for trying to find her birth parents (which was initiated by Brad/Lauren). She didn't even know they weren't together.

The blame is on their rocky marriage and a lack of trust. If Imogen was going to blame anyone, firstly Kathy Carpenter for her actions and secondly Lauren for never telling Brad a child was conceived, although as she thought Paige (Lily) had died, then there was no real reason to.
    Forum Member
    brob1 wrote: »
    I like to think Imogen is a wise character, then she does something stupid like that. Paige cannot be held accountable for being born or for trying to find her birth parents (which was initiated by Brad/Lauren). She didn't even know they weren't together.

The blame is on their rocky marriage and a lack of trust. If Imogen was going to blame anyone, firstly Kathy Carpenter for her actions and secondly Lauren for never telling Brad a child was conceived, although as she thought Paige (Lily) had died, then there was no real reason to.
    But Imogen doesn't know why her parents' marriage is rocky (she doesn't know about Brad cheating on Beth with Terese, or the insecurities that is tearing Terese apart). I don't think it's unrealistic that she would automatically blame Paige for her family falling apart, as it's the most logical (to Imogen with the limited knowledge she possesses about her parents' marital problems) conclusion she would jump to, and Paige is the easiest and most convenient person to assign blame right now. Plus, she and Paige don't really get along, so she's more likely to be less reasonable in thought and action.
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Imogen doesn't know why her parents' marriage is rocky (she doesn't know about Brad cheating on Beth with Terese, or the insecurities that is tearing Terese apart). I don't think it's unrealistic that she would automatically blame Paige for her family falling apart, as it's the most logical (to Imogen with the limited knowledge she possesses about her parents' marital problems) conclusion she would jump to, and Paige is the easiest and most convenient person to assign blame right now. Plus, she and Paige don't really get along, so she's more likely to be less reasonable in thought and action.

Interesting that Therese has confessed that she broke up Brad's relationship - maybe she's afraid that what goes around comes around?
    Forum Member
    Interesting that Therese has confessed that she broke up Brad's relationship - maybe she's afraid that what goes around comes around?
    Let's not go blaming the woman, now, when it takes two to cheat. It isn't clear when Terese found out about Beth, just that she knew he was married, and she then fell pregnant; what's to say that Brad didn't make the first move without mentioning Beth? Either way, they're both to blame for his marriage to Beth falling apart.

I think it's an interesting twist. Terese is probably feeling a little guilty about Beth, and scared that Brad will cheat on her with Lauren, like he did with her on Beth. At this point, Brad really needs to take some responsibility for his actions, and face up to the fact that it's his fault his wife no longer trusts him. When Doug asked him if was still attracted to Lauren, he didn't exactly say he wasn't.

Karl and his pig story is hilarious. It was great seeing Chris and Nate involved in light-hearted scenes for a change. Susan's reaction when Karl said she'd get the tusk if she didn't return the pig was priceless. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiagomez wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:

ok have you see wwe danile bryan doing yes chant well I did that when Terese moved out.

I call her a snake because of her choices and actions she done over the last few months.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree to blaming Kathy but not Lauren if someone have a miscarriage there no need to tell some women just think that.

Paige is not to blame because she only come in to meet her parents.
  • Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's not go blaming the woman, now, when it takes two to cheat. It isn't clear when Terese found out about Beth, just that she knew he was married, and she then fell pregnant; what's to say that Brad didn't make the first move without mentioning Beth? Either way, they're both to blame for his marriage to Beth falling apart.

I think it's an interesting twist. Terese is probably feeling a little guilty about Beth, and scared that Brad will cheat on her with Lauren, like he did with her on Beth. At this point, Brad really needs to take some responsibility for his actions, and face up to the fact that it's his fault his wife no longer trusts him. When Doug asked him if was still attracted to Lauren, he didn't exactly say he wasn't.

Karl and his pig story is hilarious. It was great seeing Chris and Nate involved in light-hearted scenes for a change. Susan's reaction when Karl said she'd get the tusk if she didn't return the pig was priceless. :D

Good point. The person to blame for the breakdown of Brad and Beth's marriage is Brad not Terese he is the one who was married and had the affair. Come to think of it Brad is quite the cheater actually. He cheated on Lucy with Beth, then had an affair with Lauren behind Beth's back when they were engaged in the build up to their first wedding. Did he not then cheat on Lauren with ex-girlfriend Lucy? I seem to recall Lauren getting jealous of him and Lucy and breaking up with him I cant remember if he actually cheated or not. Then during his marriage to Beth he cheated on her again this time with Terese leading to their divorce. And now he's cheated on Terese with Lauren - just a kiss but still technically cheating. That's a staggering 4 or 5 times he's been unfaithful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point. The person to blame for the breakdown of Brad and Beth's marriage is Brad not Terese he is the one who was married and had the affair. Come to think of it Brad is quite the cheater actually. He cheated on Lucy with Beth, then had an affair with Lauren behind Beth's back when they were engaged in the build up to their first wedding. Did he not then cheat on Lauren with ex-girlfriend Lucy? I seem to recall Lauren getting jealous of him and Lucy and breaking up with him I cant remember if he actually cheated or not. Then during his marriage to Beth he cheated on her again this time with Terese leading to their divorce. And now he's cheated on Terese with Lauren - just a kiss but still technically cheating. That's a staggering 4 or 5 times he's been unfaithful.

don't they say it takes to tango
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps Beth's behaviour drove Brad into the arms of another woman. I'm not directing this at you, but many people assume (or like to assume) that the husband is completely at fault for cheating on his wife but never stop to think that the wife's behaviour in the marriage may have drove her husband into the arms of another woman.

People don't cheat without a reason and men don't just wake up one morning and say to themselves "Hey, I feel like cheating on my wife today", and despite what some people like to believe, it is a lot more complicated than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Perhaps Beth's behaviour drove Brad into the arms of another woman. I'm not directing this at you but many people assume (or like to assume) that the husband is completely at fault for cheating on his wife but never stop to think that the wife's behaviour in the marriage may have drove her husband into the arms of another woman.

People don't cheat without a reason and men don't just wake up one morning and say "Hey, I feel like cheating on my wife today", and despite what some people like to believe, it is a lot more complicated than that.

I don't believe in reason but things do happen they might be break down etc but people saying about husband and wives but what about the kids
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't they say it takes to tango
    Yes but Terese did not know Brad was married guess till Brad and Beth ended
    I agree to blaming Kathy but not Lauren if someone have a miscarriage there no need to tell some women just think that.

Paige is not to blame because she only come in to meet her parents.

Of course Paige is not to blame but Imogen said she knows its not her fault but in someway it could be. Imogen's reaction was realistic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but Terese did not know Brad was married guess till Brad and Beth ended

Of course Paige is not to blame but Imogen said she knows its not her fault but in someway it could be. Imogen's reaction was realistic.

I think it easy to blame Paige for being an outsider and not see really what going on she always had issues for attention I hope they revisit the eating storyline
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    Well I hope Terese has a fling with Paul. She is a self centered, hypocritical whingebag and I'd love to see her do the deed and then get caught.

Plus I want evil Paul back. Good Paul is boring.

Meanwhile I wish they would do something interesting with Brennan. I have no idea why they just want him to have failed relationships, and not many of them at that. He is a good looking bloke and in reality wouldn't be short of offers. Though I guess this is neighbours, where you essentially have neighbourly incest of sorts going on. Never allowed to date someone unless they live on Ramsey street already :)
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it easy to blame Paige for being an outsider and not see really what going on she always had issues for attention I hope they revisit the eating storyline

Paige has become a bit whiney lately it is getting annoying. I am sick of her playing the victim. I can see her and Terese bonding soon and Lauren getting jealous lol.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I hope Terese has a fling with Paul. She is a self centered, hypocritical whingebag and I'd love to see her do the deed and then get caught.

Plus I want evil Paul back. Good Paul is boring.

Meanwhile I wish they would do something interesting with Brennan. I have no idea why they just want him to have failed relationships, and not many of them at that. He is a good looking bloke and in reality wouldn't be short of offers. Though I guess this is neighbours, where you essentially have neighbourly incest of sorts going on. Never allowed to date someone unless they live on Ramsey street already :)

They need to fill up no. 24 - for me the show was missing a lot about 2 years ago where we had 2 houses (no. 22 and no. 32) with hardly any characters in them. I thought that 1 or 2 of Chris/Kyle/Georgia/Naomi and now Nate would move in there as no. 26 is getting crowded. However I think Nate living with the Kennedys works well.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paige has become a bit whiney lately it is getting annoying. I am sick of her playing the victim. I can see her and Terese bonding soon and Lauren getting jealous lol.

As long as she continues going around in those bum hugging jogging pants, she's OK by me.

Anyway, I'm gutted we've got the Xmas break coming up. It's the most watchable of all soaps at the moment.
  • FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »

Anyway, I'm gutted we've got the Xmas break coming up. It's the most watchable of all soaps at the moment.

Does anyone think the UK will be allowed to catch up with Aussie broadcast times this year? :confused:
This discussion has been closed.