Darren Fletcher moving to West Ham?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Quite a catch for West Ham if they pull this one off. They did well in the last window getting Alex Song. Reckon they will secure a top six this season for sure now.

Comments

• yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, Fletcher isn't the player he was and hasn't been for a couple of seasons now for obvious reasons.

Wish him all the best at West Ham but he isn't the player that will guarantee them a top six finish.
  • jamiesdjamiesd Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad to say coming from a Scot but Fletch is a shadow of his former self.
    I'd be quite happy to bet that he is no better than the current midfield at Upton Park
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe doesn't fit in playing Louis van Gaal system? I reckon he is still a good player.
  • yaristamanyaristaman Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to do with Van Gaals system. He's just not the player he was. Unfortunate for him as he was a decent player before the illness took its toll.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a catch for West Ham if they pull this one off. They did well in the last window getting Alex Song. Reckon they will secure a top six this season for sure now.

No it isn't, at all. In a number of games his level of performance was comparable to that of GNev's vs WBA. His performance vs Villa (when he was subbed at half time), and Yeovil were not even Championship standard unfortunately.

And for some hilarious reason I see his wages are going to be 75k a week. Good for him. WHU have been royally ****ed here, which no doubt the owners will love.
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fletcher is the type of player who could maybe be carried a bit in a decent Man United team - problem is United haven't been decent since his return and he will be found out quickly at West Ham. How many games are they expecting him to feature in given he has been a bit part player for ages now.

Not sure what Fat Sam has been smoking to be paying that sort of wage to Fletcher .:D
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even scotland have been using him sparingly now, although I have never hugely rated him.

Glad to see he has his health and fitness now
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Fletcher is the type of player who could maybe be carried a bit in a decent Man United team - problem is United haven't been decent since his return and he will be found out quickly at West Ham. How many games are they expecting him to feature in given he has been a bit part player for ages now.

Not sure what Fat Sam has been smoking to be paying that sort of wage to Fletcher .:D

3 and a half year contract worth 75k a week, i bet fletcher can't believe his luck, whatever fat sam has been smoking it must be something really strong :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I like Darren and am very familiar with the debiiitating condition that caused him such problems.

But he simply currently is nowhere near the player he was at his best and will not be propelling West Ham to the top 6.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the player he was but does send a message that they willing to spend money.

They have little or no chance of getting the level of player he was at the moment.

This sort of signing will get the fans onside and the contract is peanuts to the money they will be capable of earning when they move in to their new ground
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very surprised at the amount Darren Fletcher will be on at West Ham.

He's not the player he was, hope he's worth it.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The deal is off.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    The deal is off.

Yep they wanted a loan or something.

Maybe had doubts about offering him a 3 year deal?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Correct