Options

Amanda Holden poses child like a prostitute

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is all bull, if even for the fact that Pretty Woman came out in 1990 and she is saying it was an 80s event.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is all bull, if even for the fact that Pretty Woman came out in 1990 and she is saying it was an 80s event.

She said it was a 90s event.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tszujme wrote: »
    The dress could be okay but draping the child over the piano is weird. Holden has recreated a specific shot from the movie, where the Gere character props Vivien on/against the piano in order to screw her. That's what's weird. Not the dress, the fact it's a recreation of a shot of a women being put into a particular position for sex.

Holden's always been a relentless famewhore, I remember her first marriage and affair 'upgrade', which jumpstarted her career after her acting career didn't work out the first time.

Oh gosh I didn't make the connection with the piano , no wonder she wants the image removed.
    The figure hugging dress and backcombed hair were inappropriate . I've got daughters and it's really shocking that it's now acceptable for pre pubescent girls to look like mini women.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It said in The Daily Mail...
    A picture of Lexi in a below-the-shoulder red dress was posted on the TV star's official Twitter account on Friday with the caption: '1990's day at Lexi's school today. Julia Roberts "Pretty Woman".'
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tszujme wrote: »
    The dress could be okay but draping the child over the piano is weird. Holden has recreated a specific shot from the movie, where the Gere character props Vivien on/against the piano in order to screw her. That's what's weird. Not the dress, the fact it's a recreation of a shot of a women being put into a particular position for sex.

Holden's always been a relentless famewhore, I remember her first marriage and affair 'upgrade', which jumpstarted her career after her acting career didn't work out the first time.

Last paragraph...sooo true! Such desperation
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    90's Icons Day at school. And she chooses Cindy Crawford? What Kid would even know who Cindy Crawford was, let alone Julia Roberts?

It's pretty inappropriate whichever she is supposed to be.
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    90's Icons Day at school. And she chooses Cindy Crawford? What Kid would even know who Cindy Crawford was, let alone Julia Roberts?

It seemed an odd theme regardless of whoever she went as considering none of the kids were even alive in the 90s and them not really having a concept of what the 90s mean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seemed an odd theme regardless of whoever she went as considering none of the kids were even alive in the 90s and them not really having a concept of what the 90s mean.

I agree. It would have been far better if the school had told the parents to dress their kids up as someone famous, or a character from the present. If any of the other kids asked about who they were dressed up as, she wouldn't know much about the character. Anyway, I don't think any of the other parents would be happy about another kid telling their kid about a character that's a prostitute.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member

Which makes me think the statements by Ms Holden don't ring true for me.

Why would a school choose the 1990's for child a born in 2005 what project were they doing that led the child to choose to dress as Cindy Crawford in that outfit or was it a decision made by the mother?
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,007
    Forum Member
    Maybe Ms Holden should query what is going on at this school as she stated .....
    "And just as an aside, on the school run this morning we bumped into 'Mia Wallace' from Pulp Fiction and ‘Mr Pink’ from Reservoir dogs!"

....or the parents should be investigated?
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did think it was a strange one.

What relevance do the 1990s have to a bunch of kids of that age group?!

Doesn't serve any kind of educational purpose.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never liked the name, Lexi, for a little girl - always thought it was more suited to a showgirl or a Maltese Terrier.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The silly sod said that she picked it because when she grew up she could be called Sexy Lexi.

Amanda Holden is a bloody joke.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That image is going to be forever available on the internet....I pity poor Lexi when she grows up and sees that
  • Options
    FilliAFilliA Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From popbitch:
    We thought we'd seen it all from
    lawyers until we caught sight of
    the legal letter Amanda Holden
    sent round this week.

Her lawyers chastised various
    publications for "articles
    [claiming] that our client's
    daughter was dressed as Julia
    Roberts from Pretty Woman and
    have suggested that she was
    dressed as a prostitute."

Whatever could have caused such
    a misunderstanding? It couldn't
    have been Amanda Holden herself
    publishing a photo on Twitter
    of her daughter in fancy dress
    with the caption: "1990's day
    at Lexi's school today. Julia
    Roberts 'Pretty Woman'"

Amanda Holden did understand
    what Pretty Woman was about,
    didn't she?

Sorry for weird format,can't do links
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FilliA wrote: »
    Amanda Holden did understand what Pretty Woman was about,didn't she?

Just read The Mirror's apology as well. Based on their article about it, I think the issue is with the tone of the reporting and the exaggeration of the 'prostitute' aspect.

I remember the article in the mirror actually, i think the headline was something like "Storm as Amanda Holden dresses daughter like a PROSTITUTE", with the word 'prostitute' emphasised repeatedly.
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    FilliA wrote: »
    From popbitch:
    We thought we'd seen it all from
    lawyers until we caught sight of
    the legal letter Amanda Holden
    sent round this week.

Her lawyers chastised various
    publications for "articles
    [claiming] that our client's
    daughter was dressed as Julia
    Roberts from Pretty Woman and
    have suggested that she was
    dressed as a prostitute."

Whatever could have caused such
    a misunderstanding? It couldn't
    have been Amanda Holden herself
    publishing a photo on Twitter
    of her daughter in fancy dress
    with the caption: "1990's day
    at Lexi's school today. Julia
    Roberts 'Pretty Woman'"

Amanda Holden did understand
    what Pretty Woman was about,
    didn't she?

Sorry for weird format,can't do links

Yep I notice Daily Mirror post an apology in today's paper.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The silly sod said that she picked it because when she grew up she could be called Sexy Lexi.

Amanda Holden is a bloody joke.

Jesus Christ, who even jokes about that stuff.

I seriously do not know where her head is at regarding that child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Never liked the name, Lexi, for a little girl - always thought it was more suited to a showgirl or a Maltese Terrier.

I think Lexi's an okay name.
  • Options
    starkitten1982starkitten1982 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an unbelievable moron Holden has been over this. The nerve of her attitude towards the whole thing is shocking. How can someone be so blind to their own idiocy?
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    I am confused, it is her photograph, why she blamed her husband and fired her aide?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She really needs to stop digging, she's just making it worse for herself.

The papers won't forget if she's come down hard on them for something SHE started so I suggest she stays squeaky clean for a long time to come with not an ounce of scandal attached to her again for they'll be on her like wolves and she'll deserve it.

As for sacking the aide, sounds like she's having a mega tantrum. I bet the hubby's been getting it both barrels too!
  • Options
    CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is all true - sounds like Ms Holden is turning into a bit of a monster. First blaming her husband and then her aide. In my house I take responsibility for what happens regarding my kids - and the buck ends with me - no one else. She's the mother not her aide.
  • Options
    PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from taking legal action (which she ended up doing), I'm not sure what more her 'team' could have done to be honest. Once something goes viral online; it's everywhere and the media will pick up on things very quickly.

It says she's now changed to the agency that represents One Direction.

Imo, she shouldn't be blaming others.