The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 58)

Comments

• AlfonsoJuanesAlfonsoJuanes Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great! 👏👏
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have massive faith that island records are going all out with Leona. Ive not been this excited since a 4some I had in London in 2009 lmao
  • QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh a 4some? Cassie your abit behind my 5some gangbang in 2010 was quite epic to be honest but I'm a lot more excited then that right now 😎
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    Maybe the single will premiere before, and the showcase is going be just for media, but also include album tracks?
    I hope so!

I love reading about albums before they are out. Like the Guardian article about "Glassheart 1.0" before it came out was so exciting. (Still bummed we didn't get that version of the album).

I think you're being wishful. :p I've never heard of a showcase being held after a single première. But maybe you're right. :D If there are two singles before the album release then maybe it is possible.

I love those kind of articles too. Hopefully we will get some vivid descriptions. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh a 4some? Cassie your abit behind my 5some gangbang in 2010 was quite epic to be honest but I'm a lot more excited then that right now 😎

Damn if I could hi 5 you right now I would. :D:D
  • QueenLeonaLewisQueenLeonaLewis Posts: 1,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    I think you're being wishful. :p I've never heard of a showcase being held after a single première. But maybe you're right. :D If there are two singles before the album release then maybe it is possible.

I love those kind of articles too. Hopefully we will get some vivid descriptions. :D

I think it would be amazing if they do a showcase to be fair let the press say what they think and will get her some in the limelight then drop the single

I want to hear what people other then the team what they think if I'm honest
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen on buzzjacks that Conor Maynard new single is getting its first radio play on capital fm tomorrow, Not heard from him for a good year or so like, But kinda shows that mondays and fridays aint the only days for first radio plays.
  • EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    ItsBrooke wrote: »
    Just seen on buzzjacks that Conor Maynard new single is getting its first radio play on capital fm tomorrow, Not heard from him for a good year or so like, But kinda shows that mondays and fridays aint the only days for first radio plays.

Ye that's true. Does anyone have the list of what days Leona's singles premiere? Perhaps we can see which day is most likely then. :D

Edit:

Bleeding Love - Sunday
    Happy - Sunday
    Collide - Friday
    Trouble - Tuesday
    One More Sleep - Thursday (she revealed it), Sunday it was premiered?

So Sunday's are most likely and tomorrow is... Sunday. ;D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Ye that's true. Does anyone have the list of what days Leona's singles premiere? Perhaps we can see which day is most likely then. :D

Edit:

Bleeding Love - Sunday
    Happy - Sunday
    Collide - Friday
    Trouble - Tuesday

i can actually remember where i was when i heard each song for the first time

Bleeding Love - Was sat in my parents front room waiting for it to come on the radio. was dissapointed at first but then after a few listens the magic happened

Happy - i was getting ready for a night out in Leeds sat in my friends front room found it on that chinese site. I never cry but this song hit me hard. loved it off first listen.

Collide- Was working in a shopping centre in Grimsby when it premiered. Wasnt overwhelmed but the afrojack remix made me love it

Trouble - I took a day off work for the premier i had been partying all night was laid in bed waiting fo the premier. loved the rap but the song didnt scream lead single

One More Sleep - Was just at home chilling. loved it instantly.
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »

Bleeding Love - Was sat in my parents front room waiting for it to come on the radio. was dissapointed at first but then after a few listens the magic happened

Happy - i was getting ready for a night out in Leeds sat in my friends front room found it on that chinese site. I never cry but this song hit me hard. loved it off first listen.

Collide- Was working in a shopping centre in Grimsby when it premiered. Wasnt overwhelmed but the afrojack remix made me love it

Trouble - I took a day off work for the premier i had been partying all night was laid in bed waiting fo the premier. loved the rap but the song didnt scream lead single

I forced myself to like Collide. Really, I was listening to it at the beginning and I was like '' what is this, what is this, what is this, it doesn't even sound like Le''.
    Then I heard it 1.394 times and the pain was gone.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Envoirment wrote: »

Edit:

Bleeding Love - Sunday
    Happy - Sunday
    Collide - Friday
    Trouble - Tuesday

Bleeding Love was premiered during the Top 40 show apparently, and I assume the same goes for Happy, but do the official charts still do that? I don't listen that often, but I can't ever recall them premiering a song during the countdown in the last few years, but as I said I really have no idea.

One More Sleep was never officially premiered really, I remember it just randomly showed up on youtube and we had no idea if it was the lead single or not, it turned out it was sent out to radio and a foreign DJ had no idea it hadn't been premiered and uploaded it to youtube. I think it got its first official UK radio play on Ken Bruce, which is on during the week.

I don't care what day of the week it does premier, but it does seem to be common place for singles to premier on radio Monday to Friday, normally drive time.
  • alanlamnamalanlamnam Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the vocals on FUMF, I kinda hope Leona doesn't go full on the studio version. Ofc I would like to hear her signature strong beltings but I hope she saves room for live performances so that Leona's flawless live vocals can sound more impressive. I always watch Bleeding Love live for the breathtaking C6s she sings live. Although I adore Happy and Leona's live vocals of THE 'HAPPY', I always feel that the layers of voices after that amazing note in the studio version makes the live versions sound like something's missing. Not Leona's fault, it's just impossible to sing all layers live. That's why I hope Leona shows her strong vocals on the studio version but saves the best to surprise everyone live.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah the songs that premièred on Sunday only did because of the chart show. I never understood why Mondays and Fridays are singled out. Florence (on Island) premièred their song on a Thursday. The première dates for Leona's other singles don't matter since Leona is with a new label/management now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Haha. I wish the first times I heard lead singles was more interesting... I think I heard bleeding love on a morning show for the first time, they showed the music video. I was late to Echo due to lack of promotion hear, heard My Hands first in an FF ad, new it was Leona straight away and searched to find out she had a new album, so I youtube it and fell so far in love with Happy, then it became my theme song, especially since I discovered it at a time when I was struggling... it was the first song I was willing to sing in front of someone and they were impressed with my voice, so that made me happy. ;)

I stayed up until 4am to hear Collide's premier (and had school that next day too)... was impressed at first and still like it. Only version I love is the Steve Anderson mix. I liked the Avicii Penguin mix for a while too, still kind of like it.

I loved Trouble at first and still like it... but it definitely wasn't lead single material, at least in comparison to other tracks on the album. Emeli, Naughty Boy and Leona have all done so much better with other songs (not necessarily together, but Emeli and Naughty Boy have done some amazing things). I think I was excited when Trouble released, because we had previously heard radio stations talk about tracks on the album and say that they were surprised that Collide was chosen, because there was a track called Trouble that sounded so much stronger as a lead... perhaps Trouble 1.0 would have smashed. Hahaha. Same with Glassheart 1.0 (the track and perhaps even the album as a whole).

I think One More Sleep (despite me not celebrating christmas), sounded like an instant classic. Had Leona not been so sick during the campaign, I feel like the album would have done heaps better, especially if she actually did sing Ave Maria live... like wow... that would've been instant slayage of everyone. Hahaha.

I won't be staying up all hours of the night this time... I won't be dodging work for it either (never allowed myself to miss school because of it anyway). HAHA. I'm just going to be responsible and let it come and it comes and listen to it when I'm available. I'm sure she'll understand.
  • pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanlamnam wrote: »
    For the vocals on FUMF, I kinda hope Leona doesn't go full on the studio version. Ofc I would like to hear her signature strong beltings but I hope she saves room for live performances so that Leona's flawless live vocals can sound more impressive. I always watch Bleeding Love live for the breathtaking C6s she sings live. Although I adore Happy and Leona's live vocals of THE 'HAPPY', I always feel that the layers of voices after that amazing note in the studio version makes the live versions sound like something's missing. Not Leona's fault, it's just impossible to sing all layers live. That's why I hope Leona shows her strong vocals on the studio version but saves the best to surprise everyone live.

The reason it sounded different is because she basically sang over her own voice in the live version (on some occasions it sounded better when the soundsystem was really good, like on Wetten Dass for example). Whereas in the studio version this blended well, they kinda made it sound like "one voice". Fire under my feet has some amazing backing vocals by the way. "oh oh oohhh ohhhh ohhhhh". I can tell that it will sound amazing live.
  • Twilight17Twilight17 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cassie I used to go to school In Grimsby haha !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight17 wrote: »
    Cassie I used to go to school In Grimsby haha !

haha its a lovely place...:blush:

im from Leeds but i used to be a regional manager for Lovefilm.com and we used to have guys in Freshney Place all the time!
  • siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because others were doing it, I'll do it too.

For the premieres of each of the singles where I was:
    -Bleeding Love (not the premiere, but when I first heard it): It was just a 10 second clip on the radio talking about how it had been big in the UK and was going to be released in the US. That moment I fell in love with Leona's voice and just everything about the song.
    -Happy: Anxiously waiting for the premiere. I just found it online one day. I remember loving the high notes at the end, and thinking it was a beautiful song. But not necessarily a good single. Still love the song though.
    -Trouble: I was super disappointed after I heard it because of all the hype. I also hated how Leona's voice sounded so airy and thin at the beginning. I had also woken up early to listen to it in the US. To this day I can't decide if I like or dislike the song. I sing it all the time, and like the emotion behind it, but then at the same time it just doesn't seem that special. Definitely not a good first single, more of an album track or deluxe track.
    -OMS: Just happened to be on Digital Spy and was shocked to see the song was out. I thought it was super catchy and liked it. I didn't give that much credit/play time to CWL in 2013 though because I just had Leona burn out after a year of disappointment (the album not coming out in the US). Truly fell in love with OMS and the full album this past year. :)
  • IsThisHappinessIsThisHappiness Posts: 7,580
    Forum Member
    I'll do it too! :P

Bleeding Love - I walked into the living room and the music video was on and I thought "Woah...that's the girl from X Factor". Then it went number 1 for weeks on end and I loved it and showed everyone it all the time.

Happy - I heard it on YouTube a few hours after it was premiered and didn't like it immediately, but grew to love it.

Collide - Was at my grandparents house and it was amazing. Had it on repeat for about 8 hours (like seriously....8 hours)

Trouble - It was quite early in the morning I think, so i was sitting in school in a study period ready all your comments about it because the signal wasn't good enough to load the radio live stream and someone put something like "Oh it's quite operatic" and I waited and waited for someone to upload it and I found a link on Twitter and listened to it all day!

One More Sleep - Yeah it was randomly uploaded on YouTube and I played it non stop!
  • siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I forgot about "Collide" in mine. I remember being underwhelmed, because the day before all this media stuff about "Ibiza" had come out, so I had been expecting a strong uptempo. "Collide" is actually a mid tempo dance song, and I was disappointed in that and then the whole Avicii thing put a bigger damper on the situation. In retrospect, I like the song.
  • kokoskokos Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only talk about two Leona's songs, Lovebird and OMS :D Those are not premieres but whatever :D

I saw an advert to Lovebird on VEVO and I was so pissed it was blocked in my coutry for a while, at that time I was aware of problems with GH so I just thought - ok, the mess continues. And then I started supporting Leona, because I loved Glassheart and I was so angry that everything associated with it underperformed. I remember playing that song like all day in the background as it had such a few views, because I wanted to help somehow :D

With OMS, I just found it randomly on YouTube after like 2 minutes it was uploaded and I loved it immediately. I had it on repeat 24/7, damn, that song is catchy! I could play it like 40 times in a row and my sister would just walk by and be like - Are you listening to this again, like seriously?! :D And thats when I became true hardcore diehard fan. :p
  • esesohsamesesohsam Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First time hearing Bleeding Love was her performance on XFactor. I was eagerly anticipating a Whitney-esque album from Leona and after the first verse I remember being so disappointed. However the bridge onwards just got me hooked! It was released to buy at midnight after her performance, I stayed up all night with it on repeat.

Happy, I was driving some friends back from college, listening to Radio One. Halfway through the verse I was like "that sounds like Leona"

Collide, I was moving into my new house and listening to the radio on my phone. Extremely disappointed.

Trouble, I was in Spain, instantly hooked. I love trouble, Im probably the one one in here but I think it was the perfect lead single, it felt like a Bleediny Love pt2, however I think it should have been more of a buzz single, immediately followed by Glassheart.
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Cassie.. wrote: »

Bleeding Love - I was just surfing through YouTube and remembered that girl who sang All By Myself on the X factor and I wanted to hear something from her. And I saw this Bleeding Love video. It was the day they released the video and I fell in love with the song and the video after first second I just loved it instantly and couldn't stop watching it. All the drama, water, insanely beautiful Leona and her voice. I just didn't understand what's happening to me really.
    Happy - was waiting with other guys from official forum for its premiere and when we found the link on the Chinese site ad I hit the play bottom I felt just the same as Bleeding Love. But the emotion in her voice was even bigger. I totally loved the second half of the song. I played the song 80 times in a row and cried a bit lol.
    Collide - I was after surgery so I couldn't do much just lying on the bed with my phone waiting for the premiere. I didn't recognize her voice it was weird but once chorus kicked in I was like that's my girl. I still love it because it's refreshing and nothing like her other songs that's why I'm so happy for Collide and Glassheart.
    Trouble - I was in Madeira on the roof of the hotel watching morning sun climbing up the ocean so it was very cinematic and beautiful. I loved it but it just didn't have that special factor to me. But I still love the song. I think it's because Leona could do much more with it vocally she laid back a lot or just decided to use vocals that I don't find that interesting for her voice. Plus lyrically the chorus is quite not right for a lead single. Too hard to remember.
    One More Sleep - I was so happy when we found it on YouTube. It was an instant connection - still think Leona made mistake not supporting it last Christmas. This could be classic.
This discussion has been closed.