what do you do with a problem like Jennifer Aniston

12346»

Comments

• Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    She never dated the last two
    I think that was just tabloid bull lool

She dated Tate for 3 years and they were, I believe, engaged at one point.
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She and Gerald only became an so called item when promoting the movie, nothing said before and he was off pretty quickly as soon as the promotion tour was over. Think that one was all PR.

She was engaged to Tate, when she first started on Friends.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem is Rachel became bigger than Anniston and now the media a some people see them as the same. I have no proof, but my gut instinct is she is probably hard work and a bit shallow in reality but her public image is on par with Rachel Green.

I've long suspected her people have kept the "feud" in the spotlight as there really isn't that much else of interest to write about her.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I think the problem is Rachel became bigger than Anniston and now the media a some people see them as the same. I have no proof, but my gut instinct is she is probably hard work and a bit shallow in reality but her public image is on par with Rachel Green.

I've long suspected her people have kept the "feud" in the spotlight as there really isn't that much else of interest to write about her.

nah i doubt that

no way she would allow that.....just for publicity. She doesnt even seem to like the publicity.

She's a multi millionaire and an Alist star, not some reality show towie girl lol
  • Tamryn29Tamryn29 Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a millionaire!

Personally I don't want kids and I'm indifferent to marriage. Having children isn't the marker of success. It's not like you have kids and then BAM! you're finally successful. Ditto with marriage, it's rather old fashioned to call someone things because they don't want to/have chosen not to breed. How dare she have a career!

As someone else said George Clooney is 50 something and single...is he a failure or is it okay because he's a man and a woman needs to drop 12 kids and stay in the kitchen?

People keep bringing up George Clooney as some sort of example on how he 'gets away with' not being married at his age because he's a man, but that's not true is it? There are a great many rumours about him being gay, amongst other things because he isn't married 'yet' It isn't the same as being deemed a 'failure' as Jennifer Aniston is being accused of but there is endless speculation and mean spirited gossip/ insults about the pair of them for the same reasons.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barcajaden wrote: »
    nah i doubt that

no way she would allow that.....just for publicity. She doesnt even seem to like the publicity.

She's a multi millionaire and an Alist star, not some reality show towie girl lol

She's not really A list anymore.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    She's not really A list anymore.

a list or not what does it matter

she's popular, makes millions and her moves do well?
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,987
    Forum Member
    barcajaden wrote: »
    a list or not what does it matter

she's popular, makes millions and her moves do well?

Agree. A list name recognition, no question, even if she's not an "IT" girl any more.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course she's A-list, her films make money, lots of it, and she's the main star of them.

Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

The Clooney thing again, there may well be nasty rumours on the internet, but that isn't translated to big articles talking about "poor George" in the mainstream media, so, no, it's not remotely comparable.

and again another thread started on the front page in showbiz about this subject, not too many in the history of DS about GC.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamryn29 wrote: »
    People keep bringing up George Clooney as some sort of example on how he 'gets away with' not being married at his age because he's a man, but that's not true is it? There are a great many rumours about him being gay, amongst other things because he isn't married 'yet' It isn't the same as being deemed a 'failure' as Jennifer Aniston is being accused of but there is endless speculation and mean spirited gossip/ insults about the pair of them for the same reasons.

He does get away with it. I haven't heard one person ask when Clooney will be having kids. The gay rumours started circulating because he refuses to state that he's not gay and some idiotic people believe it's an admission.