Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine

Comments

• Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That would have been SO worth watching. She'd have been kept into the bitter end, as all the public who have had her inflicted on us for years, vote to keep her in to subject her to deprivation, and then come 2nd.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    I found the article on honour killing offensive and ridiculous. Yes, Hollywood and the televisual media in general have traditionally been ageist and sexist, but how on earth does that compare to the monstrous treatment meted out to women in certain societies and cultures? Answer: It doesn't! :mad:

I like horses, but I'm getting bored hearing about them week in, week out. LJ decided to adopt an animal she knew would be difficult, so why all the whining, bitching and complaining? Does she expect this horse to lean on its stable door and say, "Lizzie, daaaaahling! Thank you SO much for the thousands of pounds you've spent on my overpriced/unnecessary/designer horse-related stuff! I love you and think you're fabulous, sweetie! Loving the cashmere layers BTW! Mwah mwah!" :eek:
  • Options
    aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member

I like horses, but I'm getting bored hearing about them week in, week out. LJ decided to adopt an animal she knew would be difficult, so why all the whining, bitching and complaining? Does she expect this horse to lean on its stable door and say, "Lizzie, daaaaahling! Thank you SO much for the thousands of pounds you've spent on my overpriced/unnecessary/designer horse-related stuff! I love you and think you're fabulous, sweetie! Loving the cashmere layers BTW! Mwah mwah!" :eek:

Yes I think that's just what she expects!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    I'm getting bored with her column.
    I'm sick of hearing about all her ruddy horses and their umpteen costly ailments, enough already.
    Move back to London Lizzie, so we have something interesting to read,
    M
    zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    When she moves back to London is she going to bring the 16 (or is it 17?....does anyone care?) feral cats whith her? Actually she's gone rather quiet about them maybe there will be a mass squashing by a passing lorry in the next few weeks.

Just think of all the fantastic feline stories we'll get if she brings them back to London!!!! Can you wait???? Yes, I think you can. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I'm starting to think she can't tell what animal she's dealing with anyway, after calling Dream a cow in this week's whinge. Mind you, Dream had done what I'd like to do... hit her hard and run off!
  • Options
    SeabirdSeabird Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! This is the most "Liz like" Liz article yet, almost by numbers, thankfully though without a mention of those damned animals. Liz, if you never heed another peice of advice again, LISTEN to this man! Nice to see that the Michael Korrs tote gets it's own seat when she goes out!:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1249242/LIZ-JONES-Got-hot-Valentines-date-Dont-dress-want-undress-later-.html
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seabird wrote: »
    Brilliant! This is the most "Liz like" Liz article yet, almost by numbers, thankfully though without a mention of those damned animals. Liz, if you never heed another peice of advice again, LISTEN to this man! Nice to see that the Michael Korrs tote gets it's own seat when she goes out!:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1249242/LIZ-JONES-Got-hot-Valentines-date-Dont-dress-want-undress-later-.html

I just saw that article and rushed here :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    'It's French, it's designer, it's expensive and it means you're probably going to be a complete pain in the arse.'

Got it in one buster!

Like the other posters here, am getting very fed up of all things equine and podiatry based.

Can Liz REALLY not see why she is single????

Also, if you do ever read these comments Liz..... get your hair cut and dyed a shade or three lighter..... you look like Morticia Adams:o
  • Options
    aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Seabird wrote: »

Who is going to take dating advice from Liz Jones???
    She is one of the most unsuccessful women for having relationships with men, on the planet!
  • Options
    pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aligail wrote: »
    Who is going to take dating advice from Liz Jones???
    She is one of the most unsuccessful women for having relationships with men, on the planet!

In that case her advice could be useful...i.e do the exact opposite of what she says :P
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    HEELS need to be slim and not too high: you need to be comfy. Tight shoes translate to a pinched face.

She obviously wears her shoes too tight at all times. :eek: :D

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1249242/LIZ-JONES-Got-hot-Valentines-date-Dont-dress-want-undress-later-.html#ixzz0exEaufvy
  • Options
    MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    Oh Liz, none of us believe you went on a date. You mention it was 'not long ago'. I'm guessing it was 10 years ago.

You have no date for Valentines? Wow! Really?

Also, you have got to stop making world paradigms out of 'Sex and the City', it was an ok-ish (ok, I lie, I bloody hated it) TV series that featured made up characters and nobody, NOBODY, should still be basing their life on it like you do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really admire Liz for having the guts to move to Exmoor and do something I've always wanted to do, take in animals needing a home. I love to hear about Dream and her dogs, and all the rest of her menagerie and would be disappointed if she stopped telling us about them. It's such a shame that she is having a hard time lately with her animals, I feel sad for her.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meljduk wrote: »
    I'm getting bored with her column.
    I'm sick of hearing about all her ruddy horses and their umpteen costly ailments, enough already.
    Move back to London Lizzie, so we have something interesting to read,
    M
    zzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't force yourself to read it then, it'll save you a lot of time and money.:))
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minette wrote: »
    Oh Liz, none of us believe you went on a date. You mention it was 'not long ago'. I'm guessing it was 10 years ago.

You have no date for Valentines? Wow! Really?

Also, you have got to stop making world paradigms out of 'Sex and the City', it was an ok-ish (ok, I lie, I bloody hated it) TV series that featured made up characters and nobody, NOBODY, should still be basing their life on it like you do.

I fear I don't believe in the man in the main story either. There is something completely stagey about his supposed dialogue. It sounds like someone's GCSE drama coursework. Men have often picked up things I have dropped in my long and clumsy life, and not one of them has immediately burst into a detailed analysis of my very soul. The conversation usually goes:
    Me: Oh, thank you. (Smiles)
    Him: (silently smiles back and walks on)

Now, how am I going to get a 500 word column out of that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soapoholic wrote: »
    I really admire Liz for having the guts to move to Exmoor and do something I've always wanted to do, take in animals needing a home. I love to hear about Dream and her dogs, and all the rest of her menagerie and would be disappointed if she stopped telling us about them. It's such a shame that she is having a hard time lately with her animals, I feel sad for her.

Um, yes, I think even the most cynical of us would have to give her credit for her love of her animals but on present form she seems way out of her depth even with a live-in vet. Surely better to have a couple of happy, healthy pets who you can devote time and affection on than collecting every stray going and hardly any quality time with.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member

If you've been taken in by that load of old flannel, I don't know what to think . :D;)
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I think poor old Liz lives in a dream world of Escape to the Country, where the locals will doff their caps to the London Lady who will show them what they are missing by showing them her designer handbag and telling them they are retards.

They then will react by emulating Midsummer Murders and shoot her mailbox and her imaginary horse dies and she is forced by circumstance of bankruptcy to return to her adulterous husband and write a bestseller of unrequited love which will be semi autobiographic and win the Booker Prize for being the biggest pratt in the literary world.

Her acceptance speech will be, I, the victim of all my trials and tribulations have suceeded over all odds and know my Michael Kors handbag stood by me and is here with me tonight.
  • Options
    flowerpowaflowerpowa Posts: 24,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

All the nasty bitchy remarks on here, about Liz, make me too, despair, how sad, unforgiving and remorseless some people have become, toward another human being.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    All the nasty bitchy remarks on here, about Liz, make me too, despair, how sad, unforgiving and remorseless some people have become, toward another human being.

Just the way she has behaved towards others who are not fashion victims, have children who they put first and country people who have to work hard for their living

You reap what you sow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »

Sorry but you've just described our anti-heroine perfectly. Apart from her love of animals there is nothing but bile that comes out that woman's pen. She is fair game, we all know she's created this persona to attract controversy and does it brilliantly, she will be crying all the way to YSL about our comments!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minette wrote: »
    8th Feb 2010
    I went on a date with a man in New York not long ago and we somehow got on to the subject of Sex And The City.

Perhaps LJ discussed SATC with 'Mr Shower Test' himself?..... although he turns out to have been an experimental date for an article about a New York dating agency......
    2nd Jan 2009:
    Don't you fancy the over-groomed, immaculate Manhattan type? I ask. 'I put women through the shower test,' he says. 'Any woman can be made to look great. The test is what they look like straight out of the shower.'
    25th Jan 2010
    If that weren't horror enough, not long ago, on a date with a man, he told me that what he always did when considering a relationship with a woman was to give her 'the shower test'.

....but saying that, Kevin the Osama Bin Laden lookalike and The Cad who stood LJ up on Millenium Eve are still getting regular mentions 10 years on - so who knows? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plugging a perfume that cost £42, Jesus, times must be hard down on the farm.

Just a personal point, having seen a bit of Sex and the City but not being a real fan, I despair of women who compare themselves to Carrie. Having no money and a wardrobe full of designer clothes/shoes is not an achievement, it screams financial irresponsibility and I don't blame any man for running a mile from that debt nightmare.
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plugging a perfume that cost £42, Jesus, times must be hard down on the farm.

Just a personal point, having seen a bit of Sex and the City but not being a real fan, I despair of women who compare themselves to Carrie. Having no money and a wardrobe full of designer clothes/shoes is not an achievement, it screams financial irresponsibility and I don't blame any man for running a mile from that debt nightmare.

Well said! You're so right. I absolutely loathe that episode of SATC when Carrie is in a financial mess after spending all her money on shoes. The way she goes around passive-aggressively manipulating her friends into bailing her out....urgh! (Especially Charlotte, who's made it clear she feels uncomfortable about getting financially involved with friends...but Carrie just keeps on being a sulky madam until Charlotte is guilt-tripped into giving her her engagement ring to pay off her debts.) It sends out such a dangerous and unhealthy message to young women: "hey, who cares about being responsible and grown up, and all that boring saving mallarkey? Just buy lots of shoes, and then act all cutesy and ditsy and childlike, and your sensible richer friends will end up getting you out of trouble!"

LJ seems to think comparing herself to Carrie is a positive thing...which says it all, really!
This discussion has been closed.