Options

Corrie - 23/12/10 - emergency thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally has no right to bleat about an erring husband, done more than her fair share over the years - was probably more skilled at not getting pregnant! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    evamoo wrote: »
    :mad:them horrible webster bitches :mad:
    its not baby jacks fault :mad: even sophie cant bring herself to watch a baby left with nothing?
    good god i never thought id have sympathy for kevin, but my god what a bunch of selfish witches.
    and rosie...:mad::rolleyes:

Sophie's clearly only a Christian when it suits her. lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Honestly if I had just found out DAYS before that my dad had an affair and fathered a baby with his mistress I wouldn't be so quick to help him take care of the baby either, so I can understand Sophie's rejection there. I do think she'll come around as far as Jack's concerned eventually.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    jaycee19 wrote: »
    Honestly if I had just found out DAYS before that my dad had an affair and fathered a baby with his mistress I wouldn't be so quick to help him take care of the baby either, so I can understand Sophie's rejection there. I do think she'll come around as far as Jack's concerned eventually.

i can understand that too...to think that of your dad is just horrible.

whats wrong with kevin getting a b&b room or something? its not like he hasnt looked after baby before...he knows what they need. Theres no way i would have let him stay either...sorry to be harsh...
  • Options
    SylviaSylvia Posts: 14,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    whats wrong with kevin getting a b&b room or something? Theres no way i would have let him stay either...sorry to be harsh...

What about the fact that it's his house too?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just cant wait for tomorrow nights episode when the street all turn around and see Tracy standing there with her trademark cheshire cat smirk:D
    This will spoil my Christmas:mad:
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    And I'm willing to bet that bloody Tracey finds out about Becky's thieving and blackmails her.
    Oh yes she is bound to over hear some argument:rolleyes:
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    MrB - it's wor Gaz!

Gary Windass must have done wonders for Army recruiting:o
    "My birthday is not gonna be spoilt by some screaming little brat"

Oh god how I do HATE Rosie Webster
    It was a really funny line IMO:p
    rick182 wrote: »
    Tyrone doing a Arthur Fowler impression!
    That was a pathetic attempt at trashing a room! o:o

It was all very Walford:eek:
    the gorgeous gary is on millionaire, i wasn't gonna watch but i am now!!!

You wasted your time:(

Star of the night....The Lovely Claire:)
  • Options
    friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all a bit rubbish right now. Corrie does the aftermath of disasters worse than EE. So Tyrone's decided now to get rid of the baby? Why did he chuck Maria out of the house? More to the point why did he let Kevin in? It's understandable that Tyrone would be upset in this situation but to be honest I've always found the character a bit of a whinger and he comes across now as a bit of a loser. Mollie would have been better with Kirk who she flirted with when she first came into it. It's also good to see that the 18 plus model teen from the northwest regards their half brother as a 'brat' at only a few months old. God forbid Rosie should ever make a mistake.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just cant wait for tomorrow nights episode when the street all turn around and see Tracy standing there with her trademark cheshire cat smirk:D

*bangs head off wall* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    John Dough wrote: »
    'Stop the carvery' again.:(

Don't they make you sick? When I was in Tesco's the other night that John Lennon one (Happy Xmas war is over?) was on a loop, playing over and over again. I NEVER want to hear it again, ever!
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Come on Ty, there's a definite shag on offer if you play this right.

LOL!!!
    I dont get why adults on TV just dont say ' could you please go away for a bit we want to talk' instead of creating errands out of thin air for the kids

I always told my kids that. I tried the 'go and get this, that or the other but they sussed me out in 10 seconds saying 'you want to talk without us here don't you?' Not daft my kids :cool:
    mrbernay wrote: »
    So Jacob wants crisps in Emmy, and Max is told to go and get crisps on Corrie.... So much of making sure your child has a healthy diet

We're northern ........ and we love our crisps.
    Sally would be the first to fuel the gossip if she wasn't the one in it

That is VERY true. She's enjoying gossiping at other people's troubles in the past hasn't she? Hypocrite.
    .exe wrote: »
    Tyrone of all people should know that you dont have to be related to think of someone as a father.

True and if Molly had already had Jack when they met Tyrone would have no trouble loving him but, like he says, he's a living, breathing reminder of Molly and Kevin's treachery and if he can't cope with that he's done the right thing really as sad as it is. I hope he doesn't regret his rash action though.
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Who's looking after Liam, while Maria looks after Ty?

Curly Simon obviously. He's amazing, he can do anything.
    MarzBar85 wrote: »
    I love Hayls and Becs, almost as much as Royston and Becs. Why did they have to split these people up?!

Because they're stupid.
    ads84 wrote: »
    Rawsie - ask Demon, his birthday is on Christmas Day...

And you don't hear him moaning about it!
    Yeah but at least your birthday isn't on Christmas Eve Tyrone

I know, he should ask Rosie about problems. Everything that's happened to him is NOTHING to what she's going through having her birthday on Xmas Eve! :rolleyes:
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Maria, just go round the back again!!!

That's what I was shouting too :D
    My friend's B day is Christmas day so she celebrates her 'half'year B day on June 21st another party and pressies too!

Ah my friend does that too!!!!!! He has it on 25th June though :)
    ads84 wrote: »
    'That' is your half brother Rawsie!

What a b!tch. Shows how immature she is, it's her half brother FGS whether she likes it or not.
    rick182 wrote: »
    Tyrone doing a Arthur Fowler impression!

Go Tyrone! Bit crap though wasn't it? I could have smashed it up much better than that.
    I'm surprised Kevin hasn't mentioned his other son he had with Alison saying he wasn't about to lose another son (okay different circumstances this time, but still....)

Very true.
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to all those of you who only get one present, and Merry Christmas to the rest of you

Seconded!!!!!!!
    evamoo wrote: »
    them horrible webster bitches
    its not baby jacks fault even sophie cant bring herself to watch a baby left with nothing?
    good god i never thought id have sympathy for kevin, but my god what a bunch of selfish witches.
    and rosie...:mad:

Aaaaaaand breathe! :D But I actually agree. The way they're reacting doesn't cover them in glory does it? He's a defenceless, innocent baby FGS. I know that personally I would have given my dad hell but I would never have taken it out on a poor motherless baby.
    Flukie wrote: »
    I'm a bit bemused by everyone's attitude towards Kevin. As if no one else has ever had affairs, cheating on someone (Sal is particularly hypocritical in this! They could've had HER get pregnant by the car salesman she was having it off with when she was a married woman with a family - to quote what she said to Kevin about he should have acted like a married man with a family!). It's what keeps the Street going, after all!

And Maria getting on her moral high horse is even funnier. This from one of the Street's bikes. Spread her legs for anything in trousers. SHE cheated on Tyrone once, with a footballer. I remember Jack had to tell him, and how devasted he was.

Lot of hypocrites in soaps! lol

All true. And I thought the scene where Julie, Hayley and Janice came round the corner and stopped dead when they saw Kevin was as ridiculous as the one when he walked into the pub and it went silent :rolleyes:
    i can understand that too...to think that of your dad is just horrible.

whats wrong with kevin getting a b&b room or something? its not like he hasnt looked after baby before...he knows what they need. Theres no way i would have let him stay either...sorry to be harsh...

But how would you chuck him out when he owns half of it? I'm afraid if he's not going to budge there's not a lot she can do really. Having said that though - if he stays there there'll be murder!! :eek:
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    We're northern ........ and we love our crisps.

Me too - but I'm from Cheshire - we look after our health :D:D
  • Options
    cath99cath99 Posts: 6,826
    Forum Member
    I guess the point with Kevin isn't the legalities of whether he can/can't be chucked out of the house, isn't the isssue of the affiar even - its his arrogance and selfishness. I think that's what's making Rosie, Sally and Sophie so angry.

I think most people would expect their partner, on discovery that they have had an affair, with their best mates wife no less, and fathered a baby whom their wife is God mother to. to possibly lay low for a bit. Give the wife and kids some space to calm down. Not our Kev. One night out of the family home and he's demanding to move back in, expects his family to talk to him civally and behave friendly towards him. Oh and to top it off, he'll bring the baby home (after demanding to see his ex best mate - no space for him either) and expect his wife and kids to help look after the child.

And people on here think Sally and the girls are being nasty to him :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,980
    Forum Member
    First 'filler' episode we've had in a while. I guess it's the calm before the 2nd storm tomorrow;) Gary's storyline would be more interesting if it was given half a chance to get going and more screen time was dedicated to it.

5/10
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I'll be keeping up with what happens now via the written word, cos I'm certainly not watching again now the permanently - and appalling - gurning excuse for an actress is back, taking over the thing.
  • Options
    Mancunian WayMancunian Way Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    The one and only Tracy Barlow is back in tomorrow nights episode! :D
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    First 'filler' episode we've had in a while. I guess it's the calm before the 2nd storm tomorrow;) Gary's storyline would be more interesting if it was given half a chance to get going and more screen time was dedicated to it.

5/10

I'll agree with the Gary storyline business.
    I don't think we've seen Gary and Izzy together since he came back.
    I believed there was some chemistry between them before he went off.
    Slow down on the storyline and just get Izzy and the Windass family to interact for a bit, flesh out the relationships.

The filler aspect, there was something happening with the Tyrone business tonight.
    You need 'filler', backstory, characters doing normal things that don't push a storyline on otherwise you end up with EE style disjointed storylines.

Characters are supposed to know each other and what's happening in their lives, but you only see them interact when it serves to push on a storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cath99 wrote: »
    I guess the point with Kevin isn't the legalities of whether he can/can't be chucked out of the house, isn't the isssue of the affiar even - its his arrogance and selfishness. I think that's what's making Rosie, Sally and Sophie so angry.

I think most people would expect their partner, on discovery that they have had an affair, with their best mates wife no less, and fathered a baby whom their wife is God mother to. to possibly lay low for a bit. Give the wife and kids some space to calm down. Not our Kev. One night out of the family home and he's demanding to move back in, expects his family to talk to him civally and behave friendly towards him. Oh and to top it off, he'll bring the baby home (after demanding to see his ex best mate - no space for him either) and expect his wife and kids to help look after the child.

And people on here think Sally and the girls are being nasty to him :confused:

He has been laying low oh so it makes a change for perfect saint Sally to treat him like a proper husband because she was before all this came out. Kevin must wonder what reaction he'll get from people if he really did something wrong like breaking the law for example. I suppose he took Mollie to the shop himself that night knowing the tram would come along and she would die. Pam and the like are twisted blaming what happened to Mollie on Kevin. As for his family he's better off without them they don't deserve him. As I seem to remember Sally had an affair with a boss called Ian about five years ago the fact she didn't pregnant makes it no less better, yet did Kevin walk away from the marriage?
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I have to say I'm on the female Webster's side. Sure, Sally has had affairs in the past, but I don't think this with Molly can be just shrugged on as an affair. Tyrone was Kev's best mate, business partner, he actually fathered a child, the whole business with Sally's illness - Sally being under the impression that Kevin only stayed with her out of pity/to not look bad as she had cancer etc. This affair has really rocked the whole family because of the little baby. And coupled with Kevin;s attitude re shouting at Rosie for offereing a drink - well I wouldn't have answered him that's for sure. He needs to go somewhere else for a bit - surely Bill or somebody could have him up? And as for bringing the baby back to the house, i mean talk about cheek!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't stay with Sally if I were Kevin affair or no affair. Whatever he ever did for Sally was never good enough day in day day out so is it a surprise she's go on off on her moral horse over this? I'd also say that sleeping with your boss who was also best mates with Kevin at the time is a pretty low act and barely any better than what Kevin did with Mollie. Sally doesn't have any moral standards the difference with Kevin is she judges everyone else and can't put things into perspective. Who would have been there when she had cancer if he'd left her over the affair with Ian?
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The one and only Tracy Barlow is back in tomorrow nights episode! :D

Tracey Flipping Barlow:mad:
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats wrong with kevin getting a b&b room or something?

It's Christmas, everyone knows there's no room at the Inn.