Something what has been overlooked in the Baby swap storyline

rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
Forum Member
✭✭
Ronnie would have to undress the dead baby!.. Which is rather sick in itself:eek:

Comments

• -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking this.

Also, even though they'll only have had the babies 24 hours, would a mother not be able to recognise her own, just from its features?
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I was thinking this.

Also, even though they'll only have had the babies 24 hours, would a mother not be able to recognise her own, just from it's feature?

by he babies used tonight they looked very similar which is scary! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    I was thinking this.

Also, even though they'll only have had the babies 24 hours, would a mother not be able to recognise her own, just from it's feature?

For sure, there is no doubt about it - even after an hour a mother will know her baby.
    Forum Member
    miloilo wrote: »
    For sure, there is no doubt about it - even after an hour a mother will know her baby.

but when babies die would it not be harder to make out ?:confused:
    Forum Member

No, I don't think so.

You'd still know it was not your baby.

I'm a mother of 2 and knew everything about my babies when they were newborns - their hair, little marks, lips, eyes, ear shape - just after a few hours.
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think so.

I'm a mother of 2 and knew everything about my babies when they were newborns - their hair, little marks, lips, eyes, ear shape - just after a few hours.
    but those babies are identical. wont that make it harder?
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    well according to the spoilers Kat keeps on screaming 'that's not my baby' when she goes to see the dead baby.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Down to changing the nappy as well because they might have different nappy brands!
    Its going to be small things like this that us viewers will click too and say wouldnt they tell them apart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i believe a mother would know it wasn't their baby, so i hope its not long before the truth outs.
    Forum Member
    Down to changing the nappy as well because they might have different nappy brands!
    Its going to be small things like this that us viewers will click too and say wouldnt they tell them apart.

kat might be too distraught to think about it
  • buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and
    doesnt ronnies baby have a club foot - or something.... saw it in the soap spoilers....
    Forum Member
    well according to the spoilers Kat keeps on screaming 'that's not my baby' when she goes to see the dead baby.

where as most people will think its just grief talking
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member

exactly.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I'm really not looking forward to that scene.

Jessie will be outstanding, it will be absolutely harrowing.
    Forum Member
    but those babies are identical. wont that make it harder?

That was only for the viewers - to make it seem real - but it would never happen that way - every baby looks different.
  • KingCorrieKingCorrie Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I think it'll be done in a believable way, but I think the sl is hideous and frightening! Frightening most of all as they are covering a massive storyline then hiding it with a parents worst nightmare after another patents worst nightmare! The whole sl is steeped in absolute misery and vile! But I hope the writers pull off EE at it's most dramatic as they always do and put mouthy forum haters of this storyline to bed very quickly! Which I'm sure they will!

Please EE do not disappoint! Or I fear something may hit a fan!?!?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I have read it doesn`t make Ronnie happy as she regrets doing it and wants to put him back. So we are going to have 2 years of what??
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking this.

Also, even though they'll only have had the babies 24 hours, would a mother not be able to recognise her own, just from its features?

Without a doubt any mother would know her own baby dead or alive! When my first was born I was absolutely stunned myself at the way I could be down the corridor of the hospital at the bathroom and there would be maybe 10 babies crying at once, but as soon as mine started I recognised her! And your own baby has a very distinctive smell, too, so nobody will convince me that this story line is not ridiculous!
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one is going to believe that someone has swapped their baby. It's mad stuff.
    people who this has happened to in real life remember feeling as though their child was different than before. But putting it down to the emotions they are feeling after the trauma of giving birth. And everyone else around them is not notticing the differences as much. So the mother justs accepts that they must be mistaken. I mean they don't want to be seen as a nut case do they?. They may think that it's just post natal depression.
    The mother will not want to seem crazy. They are not going to say. "this isn't my baby!". And if they do. especialy in a case of cot death. they'll think she is mad with greif.

It's just not something that ever really happens. So no one is going to believe it. Even if Kat were to scream from the roof tops that the baby wasn't hers. no one is going to take her seriously.

As for the case of the club foot. They could put it down to a screw up with the records. much more likely than some baby swap isn' it?
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like i plot th storyline is unrealistic and unbelivable, who is gonna kidnap a child and then live on the same street they kidnapped it from, yes you are right i wonder if ronnie will change the nappy and all the other stuff. i cant see this storyline working at all, thios is as bad as tanya burying max alive or lauren running her dad nover.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    No one is going to believe that someone has swapped their baby. It's mad stuff.
    people who this has happened to in real life remember feeling as though their child was different than before. But putting it down to the emotions they are feeling after the trauma of giving birth. And everyone else around them is not notticing the differences as much. So the mother justs accepts that they must be mistaken. I mean they don't want to be seen as a nut case do they?. They may think that it's just post natal depression.
    The mother will not want to seem crazy. They are not going to say. "this isn't my baby!". And if they do. especialy in a case of cot death. they'll think she is mad with greif.

It's just not something that ever really happens. So no one is going to believe it. Even if Kat were to scream from the roof tops that the baby wasn't hers. no one is going to take her seriously.

As for the case of the club foot. They could put it down to a screw up with the records. much more likely than some baby swap isn' it?

there has to be some sort of marking on the childs leg like a red birthmark that some babies get IDK

that kat will discover minding the baby for ronnie who dost know kat has her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You make a good point. Some people can be unrecognisable a short time after they have died. I have seen this myself when my grandfather passed away. His face changed so much shortly after he died that being a child it took a lot to convince me that his body had not been switched by mistake. Facial muscles relax after death and in some cases this can make a dramatic difference to how that person looked in life.
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    like i plot th storyline is unrealistic and unbelivable, who is gonna kidnap a child and then live on the same street they kidnapped it from, yes you are right i wonder if ronnie will change the nappy and all the other stuff. i cant see this storyline working at all, thios is as bad as tanya burying max alive or lauren running her dad nover.

Why do we have to have this awful storyline anyway. Cant ronnie just have some peace in her life and enjoy her child.......

There is no way someone could take my child and substitute it with a dead child...I knew my daughter the moment she was born .....I could go down into the nursery and pick her out ......

But not just that Ronnie would have to redress the babies including nappies........its disgusting. I hate this storyline for lots of reasons.
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    No, I don't think so.

I agree, I'm a mother of 2 and there's no way I wouldn't know my babies.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    by he babies used tonight they looked very similar which is scary! :eek:

Even if they looked alike, a mother would still be able to tell. I will never get the image out of my mind when my son had just been born and he was put into my arms and he is 43 now!