Options

Hollyoaks General Discussion (Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,292
    Forum Member
    Collybird wrote: »
    Insane. So much potential snuffed out.

Let's not go nuts. There was a bit of deadwood there too. Still is, to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did Leanne die then? That blows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rinsewind wrote: »
    Interesting you should say that, because some people have been speculating about whether Gemma Bissix should come back to play the part of her sister...!:)
    It's a soapy solution to fixing mistakes like killing off popular characters.. :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mercury01 wrote: »
    Emmett Scanlan has given an interview on the main page where he talks about Hollyoaks and his upcoming projects. It's a brilliant read and he is very brutally honest.

This however is hysterical.....

What do 'Stendan' and 'Stug' mean to you?
    "A digestive biscuit and tea. Two things that shouldn't go together end up making the perfect marriage. That's Stendan. Leave that biscuit in too long, it gets soggy and limp, breaks off and ruins your tea. That's Stug. Stug to me is a wet biscuit that's ruined my f**king tea."
    Which main page?

eta: found it. In the spirit of that honesty he says he admires: he sounds miserable and awful.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,660
    Forum Member
    mercury01 wrote: »
    Emmett Scanlan has given an interview on the main page where he talks about Hollyoaks and his upcoming projects. It's a brilliant read and he is very brutally honest.

This however is hysterical.....

What do 'Stendan' and 'Stug' mean to you?
    "A digestive biscuit and tea. Two things that shouldn't go together end up making the perfect marriage. That's Stendan. Leave that biscuit in too long, it gets soggy and limp, breaks off and ruins your tea. That's Stug. Stug to me is a wet biscuit that's ruined my f**king tea."
    Both hilarious and apt. Witty, talented, and gorgeous - what a man!
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like Lindsey is literally Lynsey as if they killed her off for shock but still wanted her actual character in the show. She's a nurse who is nice to everyone but wont take crap from anyone, she feels the need to do good by Mercedes, she seems to crop up all over the place and not take no for an answer.

She's literally the same character but not Irish.
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    I feel like Lindsey is literally Lynsey as if they killed her off for shock but still wanted her actual character in the show. She's a nurse who is nice to everyone but wont take crap from anyone, she feels the need to do good by Mercedes, she seems to crop up all over the place and not take no for an answer.

She's literally the same character but not Irish.

And not as good ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    And not as good ;)

And seems a little bit dirty minx (can't think of another way to describe how I mean ), not in the hygiene sense, and its not necessarily a bad thing I guess.
    I don't mean dirty in a horrible way, I think she's quite cool.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And not as good ;)

Far, far better imo. Old Lyndsay was just blessed with a good storyline written to have viewers rooting for her
  • Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    Far, far better imo. Old Lyndsay was just blessed with a good storyline written to have viewers rooting for her

Practically every character back then was better than what we get now :cool: I think this soap more than any other has its 'eras' - when you'd have loved it a few years back, you'd absolutely hate what they've done with it now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Oh dear. I suspected it wouldn't go down too well. But I'm just calling it as I see it. It seems a very strange casting choice in my opinion, which detracts from the credibility of their relationship.

I'm sorry if people think that's superficial or nasty, but I think many people will have thought the same and even those that protest probably secretly thought the same at one point or another.

Every other relationship in Hollyoaks is entirely plausible to me except that one.

How does it lack credibility?

In every day life, you will see plenty of coupls with one partner being more attractive than the other, we'd be in quite a predicament if people were that superficial over looks all the time.
  • Options
    mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Oh dear PJ Brennan isn't happy

@peejaybrennan: Regardless of how he felt about me, I'm surprised Emmett felt the need to disparage our hard work to make the same show he made for 3yrs.
  • Options
    surfiesurfie Posts: 5,754
    Forum Member
    It's a soapy solution to fixing mistakes like killing off popular characters.. :-)

Well get ready for this. According to The Sun, in an interview with Nick Pickard
    Tony is going to die as his cancer turns terminal
  • Options
    mercury01mercury01 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    surfie wrote: »
    Well get ready for this. According to The Sun, in an interview with Nick Pickard

Oh my! Not liking this at all!
  • Options
    Ellie_DollieEllie_Dollie Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's true at least Ste can cry over someone worthy of his tears and not Dug!
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh no!:cry:
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Practically every character back then was better than what we get now :cool: I think this soap more than any other has its 'eras' - when you'd have loved it a few years back, you'd absolutely hate what they've done with it now.

That's your opinion,not mine. I've watched the show on and off for almost 18 years, mostly off for the first 10 and haven't missed an episode for the last 8. There's always been a mix of good characters/actors and storylines and not so good. I've never loved all of it, nor hated all of it. I'm quite happy with the way its going right now
  • Options
    Kathryn_Brown_PKathryn_Brown_P Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    This might not go down well, but is anybody else wondering why they chose to cast such an unattractive woman as Danny's wife?

I really do have to suspend my disbelief anytime she's on screen, looking like a bullTog chewing a wasp, in trying to accept that she and Danny would actually be a couple and have numerous kids.

I'm honestly starting to wonder whether they deliberately cast her so that the audience would be more supportive of Danny and John Paul's affair/relationship.

I don't expect every cast member to be a supermodel, but I expect the casting of a husband and wife to be more appropriate and realistic.

I know a lot of people don't agree with this quote but I wouldn't dismiss it so readily. I thought the same thing myself the actress who plays Sam isn't ugly but isn't gorgeous either. Most female actresses in Hollyoaks are very good looking and when they aren't they often get a lot less screen time. They could well be setting up so that the viewers accept Danny and JP more easily.
  • Options
    Bluebird69Bluebird69 Posts: 5,570
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. I neither like nor dislike Tony, he's just part of the furniture there as far as I'm concerned. But another of the long-term stalwarts leaving? That doesn't sound like good news to me. There will be very few characters left that the loyal, regular viewers have any kind of connection with. Sad news. :( I guess it must be Nick's choice - I know BK is a loon, but is he crazy enough to axe the character? :confused:
  • Options
    Steve_WhelanSteve_Whelan Posts: 1,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Tony rumours are true then that will leave Cindy as the last original character and even she was played by a different actress for the first six months.
  • Options
    MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    This is dreadful. :(
  • Options
    OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    BK seems to be getting rid of some good characters without any good ones to replace them. Out of all his additions, Freddie and Lindsay have been the only good ones so far. If he dares to kill off Tony, I'll be furious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BK seems to be getting rid of some good characters without any good ones to replace them. Out of all his additions, Freddie and Lindsay have been the only good ones so far. If he dares to kill off Tony, I'll be furious.

Not a fan of Freddie to be honest, bit of a dull plank like his brothers Ziggy and Joe. Trevor and Lindsay are the only mildly decent ones for me...altough saying that I'm finding the Lomax's just about watchable at the moment..more then what I can say for the majority of the cast. :o Was a fan of DI Trent too.:cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god, if that is true then it is not a good sign of the show that everyone seems to be leaving. One thing I foudn strange was Nicole Barber-Lane said Jorgie Porter was very upset when she told her she was leaving and wouldn't speak to her, but shortly afterwards Jorgie announces her exit too??
    If the Tony rumours are true then that will leave Cindy as the last original character and even she was played by a different actress for the first six months.

Cindy is not one of the original characters. She was close, being there since 1995, but she wasn't there from the first episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can there been a lot of unrest behind the scenes at the moment with all these actors been giving the boot/quiting. Laurie Duncan has already expressed his frustration at how the Kane's we're treated over on twitter. It seems if you weren't a BK creation you could be gone soon. Not a very stable job to be in is it?