Dental syringing?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
Forum Member
Hi all.

I have a wisdom tooth coming through, also have an infection in my gum.

I have been told to go to the hospital on monday morning and they will give me an xray, and also want to syringe my gum. They also said that they may refer me to get my wisdom tooth removed if needed.

Does dental syringing hurt?

I am in so much pain right now that I dont think I could handle more, painkillers are not working.

Comments

• RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The just cleaned my wisdome tooth and squirted a little Corsodyl over it when I had an infection then sent me packing with some anti-biotics.

Never heard of dental syringing to be honest!

I sympathise with you though and once it is sorted you'll be so thankful.

Hope you feel better soon

(what painkillers are you taking by the way?)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Thanks rainbowgirl, if I am honest I have never heard of it myself lol..

I had been taking paracetamol but they did nothing at all, also tried co dydramol but again the pain isnt shifting at all.

Boyfriend is bringing me home some clove oil, see if that does anything.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She Devil wrote: »
    Thanks rainbowgirl, if I am honest I have never heard of it myself lol..

I had been taking paracetamol but they did nothing at all, also tried co dydramol but again the pain isnt shifting at all.

Boyfriend is bringing me home some clove oil, see if that does anything.

Clove oil just kind of numbs it to be honest.

See if you cna get some Cordosyl and rinse with that a few times a day.

Ibuprofen worked much better for me than any other pain relief - chin up and hope you feel better soon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Just thought I would update this to say had my wisdom tooth removed, I didnt even know I would be having it out until they took the x ray and told me to go back up and have it taken out.

Its an experience I dont want to repeat but glad its over. Had to have 7 injections as it wouldnt work for some reason, I could still feel them poking at my tooth, he ended up telling me I was a bit weird in the end lol..

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread I have not been feeling the best since but wanted to thank rainbowgirl for the replies.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    She Devil wrote: »
    Just thought I would update this to say had my wisdom tooth removed, I didnt even know I would be having it out until they took the x ray and told me to go back up and have it taken out.

Its an experience I dont want to repeat but glad its over. Had to have 7 injections as it wouldnt work for some reason, I could still feel them poking at my tooth, he ended up telling me I was a bit weird in the end lol..

Sorry it took me a while to get back to this thread I have not been feeling the best since but wanted to thank rainbowgirl for the replies.

sympathise with you, had mine out a couple years ago and never felt a pain like it, had to have a number of injections not sure how many but the dentist actually said to me that she had already giving me more than what is normally giving.