The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    In some of the tv listing today and someone on twitter mentioned that michael thomson was meant to be due on. But was confused that he was no where to be seen?
    :confused:
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    ling297 wrote: »
    In some of the tv listing today and someone on twitter mentioned that michael thomson was meant to be due on. But was confused that he was no where to be seen?
    :confused:

I think it must have been dropped for some reason. Perhaps he'll be on next week instead?
  • Little StarLittle Star Posts: 1,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder whether it was Michael's decision to leave? Same with Jules and Niamh? There doesn't seem to be any indication that any of them have been axed and they wouldn't seem like obvious choices to get rid of...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also wondering now we know that Janny are leaving together geographically but not
    having the full sunset romantic exit
    does that mean that Harry and MC may get a HEA? Or is one HEA and another
    partially resolved HEA
    still too much to expect?
    Forum Member
    I wonder whether it was Michael's decision to leave? Same with Jules and Niamh? There doesn't seem to be any indication that any of them have been axed and they wouldn't seem like obvious choices to get rid of...

Thomson says in his interview that he didn't want to get too comfortable and also wanted to try other roles so it sounds like his decision. I do think the timing, going slightly before the full 3 years might have been to tie in to Rosie's maternity leave.

Jules also has an album coming out doesn't he so i imagine it was also his choice.
    Forum Member

He was quoted in saying..

''I've loved Holby, but I want to try new roles and don't want to get too comfortable. I'll remember Jonny fondly, but I don't think he can handle anymore devastion in his life!''-Taken What's on TV issue 4-10 April 2015.

Do you think it would of been a different story if there wasn't as much devastion in Jonny's life that Michael would have stayed. That the scriptwriters should kept Jonny and Jac together as long as they possibly can?
  • demfedemfe Posts: 15,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Harry's new face is a success. Not sure why everyone's exchanging pitying looks?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please - make this storyline about Detective Digby stop NOW!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    demfe wrote: »
    I think Harry's new face is a success. Not sure why everyone's exchanging pitying looks?!

Agreed. It is obviously still swollen but I'm not sure what they expected so soon post surgery.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Will be interesting to see how they are going to explain them leaving together if
    they are not explicitly a couple
    Seems slightly strange that they would leave together in that case but makes it easier for her to return
    without him
    which would now appear to be the case.
    Hopefully Jac does come back with Emma as wouldn't be happy with this as an exit for her. Kind of sunset ending without the full sunset! But perhaps slightly more believable than them leaving as a
    proper couple in the space of two weeks
    Hopefully it will be well written.
    Interested to see what happens tonight. I think Harry will leave tonight, although to have that and Jonny's Kibo plot resolved seems a lot for one episode.

Jonny can go with Jac if she's meant to be teaching Americans - he could assist - and then decide to stay there.

MC's magic phone call looks a terribly fake, random, exit . Apart from that, it creates even more of a cast in exile in the US. The danger is that the US based cast is more interesting than whats left.
    Forum Member
    He was quoted in saying..

''I've loved Holby, but I want to try new roles and don't want to get too comfortable. I'll remember Jonny fondly, but I don't think he can handle anymore devastion in his life!''-Taken What's on TV issue 4-10 April 2015.

Do you think it would of been a different story if there wasn't as much devastion in Jonny's life that Michael would have stayed. That the scriptwriters should kept Jonny and Jac together as long as they possibly can?

I do have to say that if he thinks Jonny has been through the mill, what must rosie feel? Not saying Jonny hasn't had some ++++ thrown at him but other Bonnie's death everything has actually turned out okay. Emma didn't die and he got full custody without being made to feel that he was toxic, could never be a oparent, love or be loved. Not to mention having all his colleagues turn on him due to the custody battle and 'betrayal' of Eliot. Not to mention all the trauma her Mum put her through before revealing that her father is dead (jac doesn't get a second chance with that parent either) and then dying herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Ric going to offer MC a top job to keep her at holby?? Agree with whoever said that the phone call was very fake
    Forum Member
    Is Ric going to offer MC a top job to keep her at holby?? Agree with whoever said that the phone call was very fake

If she can do the US job, she can do the one on offer there. The alternative is a pretty sad comment on the NHS - train someone to be very good, and watch them vanish overseas.

if she needs time, away, a course, for the new job, would fit.
    Forum Member
    Yes he probably will and even if not, 2 weeks so i don't think they'll go until then.

The phone call was so random and I'm sorry but i don't believe anybody would just be offered a job with no interview like that. Spence and Colette might rate her but a position that important would have more people with a say on it than that. Polus, American Unions would probably have something to say about no Americans getting an interview for the position. As i understand it, the employer has to state that nobody 'homegrown' could do the job to justify a work visa.

Jac with Herzig is a little different as she was on the Creative team that invented it and one of the Finding surgeons.
    Forum Member
    I think we are about to find out why Self can't be ceo and neurosurgeon......
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So with MC gone that means there is only one Nurse left that we really see on screen as part of the ensemble and that's Fletch ? rather odd setup , Holby used to have far more Nurse characters .
    Forum Member
    I think they've done quite a good job with the make up, he is looking different enough for it to be believable it really bothers him but good enough for the surgery to be considered a success.

No, Harry doesn't look that bad but for somebody who was a handsame as he was (and knew it and had traded on it) it is a huge deal. People fixate on much smaller body imperfections than Harry's injuries.

It is clear that he needs time to adjust and that is why he will leave, it's just whether MC goes with him. I still think they'll decide he needs to be alone to make peace with himself.
    Forum Member
    Has she had the sense to record what he's saying??????
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I do have to say that if he thinks Jonny has been through the mill, what must rosie feel? Not saying Jonny hasn't had some ++++ thrown at him but other Bonnie's death everything has actually turned out okay. Emma didn't die and he got full custody without being made to feel that he was toxic, could never be a oparent, love or be loved. Not to mention having all his colleagues turn on him due to the custody battle and 'betrayal' of Eliot. Not to mention all the trauma her Mum put her through before revealing that her father is dead (jac doesn't get a second chance with that parent either) and then dying herself.

I suppose Jonny's devastion seems more in the 3yrs that he's been there where as Jac devastion's steams from her mum leaving her and she being in foster care. Coming to Holby. Her relationship to Joseph and the breakdown of it. Her mum returning and having her kidney then disappearing. Meeting Jonny the development of their relationship of finding herself pregnant, the problem with the baby. All this that made Jac the person she is. And that is why we all love Jac and her storylines whether Josie decides to stay or go
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    So with MC gone that means there is only one Nurse left that we really see on screen as part of the ensemble and that's Fletch ? rather odd setup , Holby used to have far more Nurse characters .

There are 2 being introduced. Essie as a regular and a totally new girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I think they've done quite a good job with the make up, he is looking different enough for it to be believable it really bothers him but good enough for the surgery to be considered a success.

No, Harry doesn't look that bad but for somebody who was a handsame as he was (and knew it and had traded on it) it is a huge deal. People fixate on much smaller body imperfections than Harry's injuries.

It is clear that he needs time to adjust and that is why he will leave, it's just whether MC goes with him. I still think they'll decide he needs to be alone to make peace with himself.
    But even in Harry's current traumatised state he would know that most of what he seeing is still swelling - in fact he has a lot less swelling than most post-operative facelifts!
    Forum Member
    I suppose Jonny's devastion seems more in the 3yrs that he's been there where as Jac devastion's steams from her mum leaving her and she being in foster care. Coming to Holby. Her relationship to Joseph and the breakdown of it. Her mum returning and having her kidney then disappearing. Meeting Jonny the development of their relationship of finding herself pregnant, the problem with the baby. All this that made Jac the person she is. And that is why we all love Jac and her storylines whether Josie decides to stay or go

I'd say that the only think Jonny has been through that Jac hasn't in the past 3 years is Bonnie's death. She went through their break up too. She went through the trauma or whether to have Emma and then whether she'd survive the birth and operations. She went through the custody battle too (instigated by him) and she was the one that 'lost'. Plus all the trauma of Paula again last year and finding out that she could never meet her father as he was dead.

Yes Bonnie's death was a biggie, something Jac hasn't had (a partner die) and if Jonny had really loved her it would be the topper but I'm afraid I don't believe he did. I'm sure he liked her, loved her in a way but he was settling, she wasn't the love of his life and most of his reaction stemmed from guilt rather than loss. Which doesn't mean it didn't hurt but not in the way Elliot hurt when losing Gina or even Oliver when Tara died.
    Forum Member
    Self is doomed with Jac and Elliot on his case......

MC is going temporarily - or is Ric going to intervene?
    Forum Member
    demfe wrote: »
    But even in Harry's current traumatised state he would know that most of what he seeing is still swelling - in fact he has a lot less swelling than most post-operative facelifts!

Logically yes but I suspect he is actually going through some kind of 'reactive' body dysmorphia. Even not being exactly the same (which must be impossible) is too much for him at the moment. MC is right - he needs to grieve for his old face and the life that handsome face gave him.

Yes it seems incredibly vain but i think i can understand it. Feelings aren't logical are they.
    Forum Member
    Roses round the door. He wants her back!
This discussion has been closed.