Nicole Scherzinger lays into Cheryl Cole in Fabulous Magazine interview

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    When Nicole replaced Cheryl on USXF the critics and the public were left ???? After the reviews came in and Cheryl was so heavily favoured, there was absolute silence from Simon and from FOX. There wasn't one word of support for Nicole. Just comments from Simon like "Firing Cheryl was the biggest mistake I've ever made." In spite of all her self-confidence, Nicole must have felt very, very uncomfortable. The entire fiasco is a pretty good reason why they will never be friends.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »
    When Nicole replaced Cheryl on USXF the critics and the public were left ???? After the reviews came in and Cheryl was so heavily favoured, there was absolute silence from Simon and from FOX. There wasn't one word of support for Nicole. Just comments from Simon like "Firing Cheryl was the biggest mistake I've ever made." In spite of all her self-confidence, Nicole must have felt very, very uncomfortable. The entire fiasco is a pretty good reason why they will never be friends.

There has indeed been quite a bit of rivalry between Cheryl and Nicole since then. The fact that Nicole has now had a stint on X Factor UK has probably left Cheryl feeling worse. I think I prefer Nicole's music but Cheryl's personality.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how Cheryl got to where she did in the first place.

I do. Pete Waterman perved all over her at her Popstars audition. It was seriously creepy viewing. Then Cowell got her in his sights as either a quick shag or a credible beard, depending on which way you think he swings.

When a powerful music exec has the hots for you, its doesn't really matter if you have class or talent.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3million

wrong by 3 million
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumilad wrote: »
    Well as an 'artist' the PCD does count. As she was the only member of the group who artistically was involved, singing everything and co-writing much of it.

You're on about how it was marketed... and that was under the PCD brand.

As an 'artist' she was involved as much as any solo star... even if the marketing didn't sell it that way.

she was equivalent of Geri Halliwell in the pussycat dolls

and how were they marketed ??? a band whose music was so bad that they had to dress up in very skimpy clothes to attract a following from boys who had just reached puberty but could not reach the top shelf in the newsagents
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I do. Pete Waterman perved all over her at her Popstars audition. It was seriously creepy viewing. Then Cowell got her in his sights as either a quick shag or a credible beard, depending on which way you think he swings.

When a powerful music exec has the hots for you, its doesn't really matter if you have class or talent.

That was Dannii, not Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have such a bi polar relationship with Cheryl, Give her me with GA and i love her, solo i can`t stick her for reason, I`ve never took the all Cheryl v nicole thing seriously as it seem to be the press what make it out to be 789x worse than what it actually is. Altho some Cheryl fans on twitter are disgusting about Nicole normally on a wknd when Xf is on u see things like "someone stone that bitch" i`m like really u pathetic c**ts Anyway moral of the story Nicole >>>> Chezza.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »

I don't think that's exactly true. Both Simon and Fox did defend Nicole publicly, perhaps not as much as they could have, and both said positive things about her, but Simon also mistreated and belittled Nicole almost the entire USXF season. I have my suspicions why but will leave that for another day.

Nicole never had a chance to be herself on USXF and took a PR bashing over the Rachel Crow incident, despite reports saying Simon was the first one in Nicole's dressing room voicing his support for her decision.

Before Nicole was hired to front PCD, they were primarily a burlesque troupe, and had been since their founding 8 years earlier. But a deal was made with Interscope Records and a decision made to search for a quality vocalist as lead singer to make a serious run at the charts.

As music producer Ron Fair said in Nicole's 'package' aired during the Season 10 DWTS finals, "When I first met Nicole, it was the Pussycat Dolls audition. We still weren't sure we had found our lead singer. When she walked in, all of us agreed this is a miracle."

While I can understand the other girls' bitterness at being overshadowed by Nicole, serving essentially as her backup singers/dancers, the fact is that Nicole was the star and was hired to be the star.

Ashley Roberts was in the DWTS audience several times as Nicole's guest, and Nicole always supports the girls' solo projects.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think some of this has to do with Nicloe winning DWTS with Derek who Biffa liked.
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I find Nicole bragging about her international sales quite funny, when in reality she's only commercially viable in one market (the UK). For all of her blustering and whatever you think of their respective voices, when it comes to solo record sales Cheryl knocks her out of the park.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    gav016 wrote: »
    I find Nicole bragging about her international sales quite funny, when in reality she's only commercially viable in one market (the UK). For all of her blustering and whatever you think of their respective voices, when it comes to solo record sales Cheryl knocks her out of the park.

i still think nicole has sold much more than cheryl in general (including with pussycat dolls). the fact that she has sold more here, what does that say about us?

nicole has been a fresh of breath air for UK TV. i dont really remember how cheryl made it unique, whereas Nicole - different story. nicole said she tried to give cheryl 'benefit of the doubt' but was pushed by the interviewer for more. she is right though, she hasnt sad anything bad about cheryl, so why would cheryl feel the need to be negative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    maureens wrote: »
    That is what i dont understand, Nicole really should not give Cheryl Cole any publicity by mentioning her:confused: then again didnt Nicole get mentioned in Cole's book along with Ashley.........again:rolleyes:(Time she shut up about him the sympathy she got is well and truly over now)

I think shes only mentioning Cole because shes in the UK at the minute (the only place where she is known..just like Steps, Olly Murs etc etc). Once she leaves she wont give her another thought. Had she not come to the UK to work on Xfactor she wouldnt have heard of Cole. If you were to say Cheryl Cole to the likes to Britney, Christina etc they would have no clue who she is hence would have nothing to say.
  • dickronsondickronson Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »

I think arguing that Cheryl is a more successful solo artist than Nicole is laughable.

Cheryl is only famous in England, and her star is fading first. It's never going to happen for her worldwide now.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    dickronson wrote: »
    I think arguing that Cheryl is a more successful solo artist than Nicole is laughable.

Cheryl is only famous in England, and her star is fading first. It's never going to happen for her worldwide now.

People said her star would fade after the XF USA affair but it didn't.

Girls Aloud were on Strictly the last few weeks and the anniversary tour starts next year so expect to see a lot more of them in coming the months.

Nicole despite DWTS and plugging her single on XF USA couldn't sell records on home turf. She will probably fade from memory soon as there isn't much for do but be papped with Lewis Hamilton.

People ass use Cheryl wanted "world wide fame" but the recent ITV doc showed she enjoy being unknown in America because it means not have paps around 24/7.

Both of them are famous for being in manufactured girl bands but at least GA lets other members shine where PCD it was case where only Nicole was allowed to speak during interviews and had lead vocals.

Why do think GA are still together despite having a break and PCD aren't ?
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dickronson wrote: »

Not really. How many solo records has Nicole sold?
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit, had no idea she had such a great voice. Pisses all over Cole and Tulisa.
  • foxy23foxy23 Posts: 4,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that interview yesterday - I thought Nicole came across well. And she is entitled to defend herself as Cole mentioned her in her book!

Don't have much time for Cheryl - Complete style over substance with that one - She has been in the right place at the right time for much of her career!
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »
    she was equivalent of Geri Halliwell in the pussycat dolls

and how were they marketed ??? a band whose music was so bad that they had to dress up in very skimpy clothes to attract a following from boys who had just reached puberty but could not reach the top shelf in the newsagents

As opposed to Girls Aloud who always appeared in sackcloth and ashes and sang serious credible songs:D
  • Michelle_ClarkeMichelle_Clarke Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't sound anything of the sort.

If anything the piece makes Cole sound like a complete nutter singing one of her songs in her face.

Yes i agree. I like Nicole and I think she might be a little bit out there but i don't think she would lie about her encounter with Cheryl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People said her star would fade after the XF USA affair but it didn't.

Girls Aloud were on Strictly the last few weeks and the anniversary tour starts next year so expect to see a lot more of them in coming the months.

Nicole despite DWTS and plugging her single on XF USA couldn't sell records on home turf. She will probably fade from memory soon as there isn't much for do but be papped with Lewis Hamilton.

People ass use Cheryl wanted "world wide fame" but the recent ITV doc showed she enjoy being unknown in America because it means not have paps around 24/7.

Both of them are famous for being in manufactured girl bands but at least GA lets other members shine where PCD it was case where only Nicole was allowed to speak during interviews and had lead vocals.

Why do think GA are still together despite having a break and PCD aren't ?

Then why did she ever accept the job on us xf in America?

Tbh Nicole was the band!
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsOrin wrote: »
    I think some of this has to do with Nicloe winning DWTS with Derek who Biffa liked.
    Don't make me laugh! Cheryl and nicole both have same PR, both have same hairdresser/makeup artist. Derek was only ever a friend.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i agree. I like Nicole and I think she might be a little bit out there but i don't think she would lie about her encounter with Cheryl.
    They are both with same Pr! Its such an obvious fake feud. I like Nicole and Cheryl. Prefer girls to get on.. maybe they do get on very well??
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brian Friedman has confirmed that Cheryl's version of events is a load of rubbish. I think it's sad that she's overexaggerated the story to make Nicole look bad.

I understand the USXF sacking was humilating, and even if Nicole was putting herself forward for the job, the only person Cheryl should be miffed at is Simon Cowell; no-one else.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    Brian Friedman has confirmed that Cheryl's version of events is a load of rubbish. I think it's sad that she's overexaggerated the story to make Nicole look bad.

I understand the USXF sacking was humilating, and even if Nicole was putting herself forward for the job, the only person Cheryl should be miffed at is Simon Cowell; no-one else.

oh well, if nicole`s long term friend confirmed that it must be rubbish.:rolleyes: nicole not only went behind cheryl`s back auditioning for cheryl`s job, she also leaked the news about her role change. so not only did the news become public, it spoilt simon`s plans to get cheryl back on the uk panel. no wonder simon`s attitude towards her changed and it doesn't surprise me that cheryl was not amused either.

i like nicole and cheryl is certainly no saint. however, nicole does act butter wouldn't melt, when actually she can act rather ruthless and sly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »
    If you were to say Cheryl Cole to the likes to Britney, Christina etc they would have no clue who she is hence would have nothing to say.

if you mention one of her sons names it is likely Mrs Federline would have no clue who they were