Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deschanel wrote: »
    We can be the only Paige fans together! I realized the other day that I've not missed Sonya either, despite her being a very believable character. I know that if Amber left, I wouldn't miss her, but I do think Jenna's acting has improved this week, and that alone makes me tolerate Amber more than usual. Josh is better than what he used to be, but his association with Amber drags him down.

I was disappointed with Lauren's reaction to Matt's death. Amber and Georgia's response was more moving than Lauren's.

Lauren may have been in shock. I guess everyone reacts in a different way, when someone close to them dies. I thought all three were moving in the final scene. Credit to the ones playing Lauren/Georgia and Amber. The actresses did well. Sad episode today though.:(
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked all their reactions, made me choke up a bit. Lauren was in a state of shock, well acted I thought and Georgia not wanting to break the bad news was also a sad moment, she played it well. Also glad they didn't drag out who was driving the car and was cleared up pretty quick.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    fiagomez wrote: »
    BIB- i was also surprised at lauren's poor acting regarding matt's death but even more surprised at how believable amber was!!

Yes but Lauren had lots of scenes today, Amber had all day to get worked up for her big moment.

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh poor Danni looks like she's going the same way as Hudson, I thought it odd at the start of the episode she'd appeared for the first time in ages

I couldn't take glimmer of hope Matt was going to make it seriously considering the rediculously spoilerific sky+ planner episode synopsis
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    Oz pace:
    Bit of a weird episode today. Sonya's back out of the blue, with not so much as 'how've you been'! It's like she'd just been offscreen for a while and then she was suddenly back on, slap bang in the midst of the Matt storyline! :confused:
    i take the actress has had her baby then ? She left and hasn't been seen since..Maternity leave ? But that seems quick to get back to work ? or was she still pregnant. ? The actress i mean not Sonya :D
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I felt the same way about Lauren but she was very good in the subsequent scenes so maybe it was shock.

Sidenote: Has Margi ever spoke? She's frequently referred to by name by other characters but I don't recall ever hearing her speak
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    i take the actress has had her baby then ? She left and hasn't been seen since..Maternity leave ? But that seems quick to get back to work ? or was she still pregnant. ? The actress i mean not Sonya :D
    You're right, it does seem a bit quick! Perhaps she actually filmed her scenes today before she went on maternity leave, although that's quite sophisticated for Neighbours if so! :D

I have to say I've really warmed to Naomi. Her bond with Paul is fantastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Well i couldn't wait any longer so i googled who dies..:o I haven't read or heard who it is..so will keep stum :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I must admit I felt the same way about Lauren but she was very good in the subsequent scenes so maybe it was shock.

Sidenote: Has Margi ever spoke? She's frequently referred to by name by other characters but I don't recall ever hearing her speak

I don't believe she has ever spoke because if she did have lines that would mean the actress would have to be paid more. At the moment, she's a glorified extra as she never appears in the end credits. I live in hope that one day an exec producer will take a chance on her and Margi will become a proper character in her own right. I reckon she's probably collected enough information to blackmail everyone in Erinsborough. It's always the quiet ones you have to look out for...;-)
  • gerry23gerry23 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Not surprising Matt came to a sticky end - Karl wasn't there to diagnose/take his blood pressure/do the surgery/give everyone counselling.

And as a great Neighbours fan, I'm obviously used to straying away from reality in a big way, but even I got annoyed when Georgia gaily walks into the waiting area (in her scrubs of course as along with all her other attributes she's suddenly become a qualified surgical nurse) knowing full well that the Turners and half of Ramsay Street are there waiting for news and then seems nonplussed when they ask her what's going on. Did she think they wouldn't notice her?

Paige has become super-detective (must be the Brennan effect) and Danni instinctively knew Tyler and Paige were on their way to the police station.

Paul hasn't yet cottoned on that Doctors don't normally sit in your living room and tell you that you've got a terminal illness and then you go for treatment and only ever see that one Doctor. Given the hospital is usually overrun with Ramsay Street residents + Georgia being everywhere at all times and Karl administering healthcare to the whole of Melbourne and suburbs he must have gone in for his treatment wearing a disguise.

And no doubt today Chris will disappear to go and live in New York. Think about the possibility of emigrating on Wednesday and off you go on Thursday.

I love it!!
  • retrovertigoretrovertigo Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    The actor who played Matt. Did he jump or was he pushed? I was never that offended by him to be honest.

Must admit I won't be sorry to see the back of that wet noodle Chris. Talk about high maintenance. Please god let that mean that we see the end of the rubber faced Nate.
  • jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Must admit I won't be sorry to see the back of that wet noodle Chris. Talk about high maintenance.
    Chris is a lovely sweet guy - probably my favourite character. Just a shame his relationships never seem to last! Will be very sorry to see him go.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Deschanel wrote: »
    We can be the only Paige fans together! I was disappointed with Lauren's reaction to Matt's death. Amber and Georgia's response was more moving than Lauren's.

Another Paige fan here. :)

Lauren's reaction didn't strike me as being particularly bad - but as a former nurse, I've seen a wide range of reactions to loved ones passing. Some people are absolutely numb at the time and it hits them later when they're least expecting it.
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I couldn't take glimmer of hope Matt was going to make it seriously considering the rediculously spoilerific sky+ planner episode synopsis

That was awful, wasn't it?! Whoever writes the synopses for these needs sacking! It will soon reach the point where we won't need to watch the programme - just read the synopses for the whole week! I was really annoyed by that!
    The actor who played Matt. Did he jump or was he pushed? I was never that offended by him to be honest.

Must admit I won't be sorry to see the back of that wet noodle Chris. Talk about high maintenance. Please god let that mean that we see the end of the rubber faced Nate.

I haven't yet found out whether it was Josef Brown's choice to leave. I hope so, as I thought his performance had picked up recently, with his turn to the dark side, and hope they didn't push him out.

I think Chris has run his course for me as a character now. Although it's a shame now that they have actually found him a stable, long-term character partner. Nate has grown on me recently, I'm happy for him to stick around. But now will we have to endure him having a string of passing boyfriends like we did with Chris?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I scrolled through his Twitter recently and someone asked him a similar question. His response was something along the lines of 'you're asking the wrong person.' So he was almost certainly pushed. Ho hum, that's soap I suppose! Seems a really lovely guy, though.
  • jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I'll be very glad to see the back of Chris.

He was great for the first couple of years, then started lurching between being an extremely needy boyfriend and piously judgemental of everyone else.

He seems to have regressed to the mental age of a 12 year old girl.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,892
    Forum Member
    I am guessing a Brad/Lauren reunion is only a matter of time now.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    gerry23 wrote: »
    Not surprising Matt came to a sticky end - Karl wasn't there to diagnose/take his blood pressure/do the surgery/give everyone counselling.

And as a great Neighbours fan, I'm obviously used to straying away from reality in a big way, but even I got annoyed when Georgia gaily walks into the waiting area (in her scrubs of course as along with all her other attributes she's suddenly become a qualified surgical nurse) knowing full well that the Turners and half of Ramsay Street are there waiting for news and then seems nonplussed when they ask her what's going on. Did she think they wouldn't notice her?

Paige has become super-detective (must be the Brennan effect) and Danni instinctively knew Tyler and Paige were on their way to the police station.

Paul hasn't yet cottoned on that Doctors don't normally sit in your living room and tell you that you've got a terminal illness and then you go for treatment and only ever see that one Doctor. Given the hospital is usually overrun with Ramsay Street residents + Georgia being everywhere at all times and Karl administering healthcare to the whole of Melbourne and suburbs he must have gone in for his treatment wearing a disguise.

And no doubt today Chris will disappear to go and live in New York. Think about the possibility of emigrating on Wednesday and off you go on Thursday.

I love it!!

Ha! very well summed up, I didn't realise they tell you everything in the waiting room these days. Where the hell was Karl? or any doctor for that matter LOL

Bless Chris he deserves to leave, he has been given nothing really to work with for ages ( and I mean Nate as well)
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed yesterday..got a bit of a shock today! I didn't realise Matt was going!:o
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course the dog is related to Bouncer - shocker.

I swear Bouncer only ever fathered cross-breed puppies.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I wonder who gets custody of Bouncer2?!
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! very well summed up, I didn't realise they tell you everything in the waiting room these days. Where the hell was Karl? or any doctor for that matter LOL

Bless Chris he deserves to leave, he has been given nothing really to work with for ages ( and I mean Nate as well)

Hasn't Karl gone to London as his prize from the cake competition? That leaves nasty Nick and he's busy giving Paul chemo in secret with no staff noticing. Now Georgia is an obstetric nurse qualified to read ultrasounds? Wasn't she a student nurse like 2 years ago and now she's a scrub nurse as well as doing scans even though she's still upset over her miscarriage? It's about time Erinsborough hospital employed some more staff. No wonder people die without Karl and there only being one hospital room with one super nurse qualified for absolutely everything ;-). I'll have a fiver on Karl coming back as a detective and investigating Nick before catching him out and informing Paul that he's fine. That's Paul - mayor and moneybags who didn't have a second opinion privately and just allowed someone to pump chemicals into him on the quiet. Day time soaps tend to defy all logic and reason but it's pushing it a tad having one room, one nurse and one doctor who is an expert on everything down to a simple broken bum.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I scrolled through his Twitter recently and someone asked him a similar question. His response was something along the lines of 'you're asking the wrong person.' So he was almost certainly pushed. Ho hum, that's soap I suppose! Seems a really lovely guy, though.

Oh, that's a shame. Dull character for quite a while (writers' fault), but the actor was showing us more what he's capable of over the past few weeks, thanks to his character being taken in a different direction by the writers.

So that's Mason and Matt dispatched and
    Bailey set to depart.
    The Turners are dwindling in numbers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Oh, that's a shame. Dull character for quite a while (writers' fault), but the actor was showing us more what he's capable of over the past few weeks, thanks to his character being taken in a different direction by the writers.

So that's Mason and Matt dispatched and
    Bailey set to depart.
    The Turners are dwindling in numbers.

The problem with Neighbours is that no-one can be 'too bad' and get away with it, which is really unimaginative. Matt was just starting to get interesting.
    With Bailey soon departing as well, that only leaves Amber, Paige and Lauren, although I think all three are perfectly safe if they decide not to leave. But the Turners will badly need some testosterone!

EDIT: Looks like Amber and Kyle are off this year, too! :o

This is starting to turn into a bit of a cast crisis, IMO.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Yesterday's teatime showing dropped to 684,000 with Home and Away mustering 630,000 half an hour later. Seeing as Neighbours usually rates 200K more than H&A in the afternoon, this drop is quite shocking. Fingers crossed it can recover (especially when Wednesday's episode rated 814K).
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    EDIT: Looks like Amber and Kyle are off this year, too! :o

This is starting to turn into a bit of a cast crisis, IMO.
    I don't think it's a cast crisis, just the usual clear out. Young actors very rarely stay past their initial 3 year contract, and knowing that the Turners as a family haven't been popular, I can see why they would have chosen to get rid of Matt, now.

They dispatched with Mason early on b/c he was super unpopular; Kyle and Chris have been with the show for 7 and 5 years respectfully, so it was obvious they wouldn't be staying for any longer, and if Chris Milligan wasn't dating Jenna, he would have most likely have left last year (he stayed in LA for 2 months checking to see if he liked the place).

Don't expect Paige to stick around past her 3 year contract; Olympia has been very honest about her plans t leave the show and move to either London or LA in a years time.

Maybe if the Turners had been better written and developed in their first year, they may have been more salvageable at this point.

Re: Sonya's maternity leave - don't forget that the bulk of her leave happened over the production break, so it will be shorter on screen than off.
    Yesterday's teatime showing dropped to 684,000 with Home and Away mustering 630,000 half an hour later. Seeing as Neighbours usually rates 200K more than H&A in the afternoon, this drop is quite shocking. Fingers crossed it can recover (especially when Wednesday's episode rated 814K).
    I blame the weather. Sunnier, warmer days, longer evenings, means less people watching TV at 5.30pm.
This discussion has been closed.