Options

Humax reliability - which magazine report.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
Forum Member
Which magazine of July 2006 reported as follows:-

'When they are working, personal video recorders (PVRs) are brilliant at recording from television, with virtually no degradation of picture and sound quality. Unfortunately, they suffer more than their share of problems, according to our survey. PVRs are relatively new products and we have data for only the last two years, but over that time one in six has needed repair.

There is one shining light amid the gloom. Humax completely trumps the rest of the field with an impressive 93 per cent reliability rate, compared with an average of just 79 per cent for all other brands.'

It (the report) goes on to say:-

'Given their superior reliability it is no surprise to find that more Humax owners (65 per cent) would definitely recommend their brand to a friend than owners of any other PVR'

From my own personal experience and since the latest updates, I fully endorse this view. In my opinion (humble of course) Humax have produced a fine piece of equipment and it is only a matter of time before Which rate the 9200T as the Best Buy on the market.

Comments

• Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with this kind of survey is that it is necessarily out-of-date - in this case two years - so it doesn't really apply to currently made products.

Also Which? appear to lump together hardware failure with occasional software gliches in this report.
  • Options
    skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone here actually trust Which. I find them to be so out of touch and inaccurate that I find them laughable!
  • Options
    St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm well my own experience of Humax 9200T reliability today is somewhat different,
    I bought one today, followed the instal instructions to the letter, tried to switch it on and nothing happened, now I have a 45 minute trek back to the store to change it, doh!
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Bad luck one of the 7%.
  • Options
    JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I have had an 8000 since when they first appeared and a 5400 satellite receiver since 2000. Both have been faultless, though the 5400 was the third from the shop! (but thought to be a downloaded software problem caused by the shop in NL - third one I got straight off the shelf). They do worry me though - they both run hot and as an ex manufacturing electronics engineer I know that this is not a "good thing". Hence I don't run them in standby, they still run hot, but I turn them off when not in use.