Options

Sound problems at start of playback?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
Forum Member
Hope you don't mind if a newbie asks some questions, had the Hummy since Saturday and LOVE IT!
So.........question are

1.During playback of the first 10 to 20 seconds of a recording I get some strange high pitch squeaks and vocal popping then it stops, is this a fault or do other people experience this?

2.Also probably something I'm doing wrong, if I get to the end of programme I've been watching and press stop, and then try to watch another recorded prog off the list, it keeps going back to the exact point on the first recording I 've just finished watching?

Love the box, be gentle with me if I'm being stupid :o
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope you don't mind if a newbie asks some questions, had the Hummy since Saturday and LOVE IT!
    So.........question are

1.During playback of the first 10 to 20 seconds of a recording I get some strange high pitch squeaks and vocal popping then it stops, is this a fault or do other people experience this?

2.Also probably something I'm doing wrong, if I get to the end of programme I've been watching and press stop, and then try to watch another recorded prog off the list, it keeps going back to the exact point on the first recording I 've just finished watching?

Love the box, be gentle with me if I'm being stupid :o
    Thanks in advance

neither of these things sound right to me.

The only time I get brocken sound is after I edit a recording, the first second or so after a deleted portion can be a bit rough, virging recordings are normally perfect from the start.

As long as you scroll onto another file in the playlist you should get a new recording playing. The Humax does remember where you are in playback so if you play a file to within 5 minutes of the end you can stop, watch something else and then go back to the playlist, select the original file press play and you start from five minutes from the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    redrob2 wrote:
    neither of these things sound right to me.

The only time I get brocken sound is after I edit a recording, the first second or so after a deleted portion can be a bit rough, virging recordings are normally perfect from the start.

As long as you scroll onto another file in the playlist you should get a new recording playing. The Humax does remember where you are in playback so if you play a file to within 5 minutes of the end you can stop, watch something else and then go back to the playlist, select the original file press play and you start from five minutes from the end.

redrob, I might email Humax with these problems see what they say, thanks for your reply