Live Premiership footall on the PVR-9200t

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Reading another thread it apears that the Setanta channel will be broadcasting live Premier League football games on DTT. Does anyone know if it will be a pay per game fee like with the Scottish league or if it will be a monthly fee? And how many games they will be showing per month?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Reading another thread it apears that the Setanta channel will be broadcasting live Premier League football games on DTT. Does anyone know if it will be a pay per game fee like with the Scottish league or if it will be a monthly fee? And how many games they will be showing per month?

I think it will be like PremPlus - a pay per view option and a "season ticket" option.
  • PadrePadre Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the press release it will be a monthly fee, no details of how much but £15/month has been suggested. This will be for the Setanta Sports subscription channel. If I remember correctly they won the rights to 46 Premiership games per year.

Press release - http://www.topup.tv/pdfs/Setanta-and-TopUpTVfinalPRelease091006.pdf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link. That averages out to about 5 live prem games a month during a season.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think setana is just waiting for top up tv anytime to settle in and replace the current top up tv. I think the current set up on top up has seen 2 streams taken away and used by 5, for 5us and 5life. That leaves top up with 2 streams left for there current service, but once anytime kicks in i think eurosport and some other services will get 1 stream for live programing and setana will get the other 1.

Think someone has had an email from top up with regards to the current service ending in febuary, so setana will probably start by march for the end of the footie season :) .

The best part is you will prob not need to subscribe to top up tv anytime to access setana, hopefully it will be able to use the card slot on most machines or cams.

I think £15 per month is fair, better than a £10 per match for spl games, can see alot of people signing up for it
  • davefevsdavefevs Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Not sure it will start a price war between Sky and Setanta, but maight make Sky rethink the policy of having to have at least 2 Mixes to get Sky Sports.

I'd willingly pay £20-£25 for Sky Sports, but don't want to pay £34 for a number of channels I don't want.

Setanta could be the channel that fills my gap.

At present I can get:

Match of the Day,
    Sky Sports News
    Champions League (ITV Tues)
    Regional Footie on ITV
    UEFA Cup on Five (and other channels)

and next year a bit of golf and 40+ Prem matches which I'll record to my Hummy and watch when I'm free. :)