Options

The Final - a low key affair this year?

pward1965pward1965 Posts: 289
Forum Member
Is it just me or was the Final rather more low-key and business-like than in previous years?

I seem to remember that previous Finals were rather grander affairs - no stages or live dancers last night...

Comments

• Options
    Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where were there ever dancers?
    Unless you mean on the speeches, but whether the candidates stuff their presentations with fluff and candy floss doesn't really determine the event feeling of the final IMO
  • Options
    mark e amark e a Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looked like a council meeting.

The TV ads - especially Joseph's - were weak.

YH was poor.

Overall disappointing.
  • Options
    JaneFinnJaneFinn Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    I agree with the OP - it struck me as very low key with an 'everyday' feel and none of the build-up of tension of other years.

The actual task felt rushed through as well, with the focus more on the board room and the 'You're Hired' show. I'm remembering back to other years where the final 2 had to put on huge productions, or launch something that involved many more stages and far more jeopardy.

I think when they're presenting their own business, this way probably gives a more accurate and helpful picture of whose business is best for Lord S... But not the most entertaining!
  • Options
    JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    most defo more low key than previous years
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Dan R wrote: »
    Where were there ever dancers?
    Unless you mean on the speeches, but whether the candidates stuff their presentations with fluff and candy floss doesn't really determine the event feeling of the final IMO

Quite a few times.