2014 Classic Series DVD Releases

Comments

• Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moonbase audio commentary cut by the bbfc-
    bbfc wrote:
    This work was cut. The cuts were made at the request of the distributor to achieve a particular category. To obtain this category cuts of 1 minute 14 seconds were required. Company chose to remove some moderate verbal sex references from the audio commentary in order to obtain a PG classification. Cuts made in accordance with BBFC Guidelines and policy. An uncut 12 classification was available.

No moderate verbal sex references for you!

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/doctor-who-moonbase-video
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »

spoilsports :mad::p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol no moderate verbal sex references allowed on the moonbase. Yet the lesbian tounge joke stayed on A good man goes to war. The mind boggles
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snopaelic wrote: »
    lol no moderate verbal sex references allowed on the moonbase. Yet the lesbian tounge joke stayed on A good man goes to war. The mind boggles

It is a bit odd Worldwide didn't want a 12 rated audio commentary when 5 of the 7 modern series have 12 rated episodes.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snopaelic wrote: »
    To be fair you are comparing a commentary with something that is actually broadcast and was going to get a 12 rating regardless of joke or not. Suppose considering they paid a lot of money for animation and they dont want an age rating to jeopardise sales.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh. do tell, go on you know you want to ;):p

It's being widely muttered that Web 3 has been found and is being held back for DVD release. :D

JCR wrote: »

Am i right in remembering a previous commentary having a BLEEP in it, cos someone swore?

"Moderate verbal sex references" is the title of my autobiography.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's being widely muttered that Web 3 has been found and is being held back for DVD release. :D

please please please let this be true :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/doctor-who-moonbase-video-0
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/doctor-who-moonbase-video-1
    Episodes 1 and 3 cleared by the bbfc. And before anyone asks it clearly states animation and also commentary for the 2 episodes have also been passed. Nice to know we are getting a commentary for the missing eps as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FF9xWpivmSOiCzhbJdbsWg6h7FQjOapRF40wV6UbVG7h0a7iY6tu8LcqAeqvSAAI

Australian board of classification passed web of fear. Total run time 148 mins. When the Australian classify things for dvd they classify the dvd and extras all at once. Example tenth planet had a run time of 315 minutes. As web runs to 148 mins and 50 odd seconds (based upon wikepidia run times and working out in my head) im doubtfull that there will be anything on it. There is no room for even a trailer on there.
  • Options
    slider28slider28 Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Dec 10th 2013 R1 USA release of Enemy Of The World! About time :) Opps the 12th My bad!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dr-who-enemy-of-the-world-2013/m2209133.aspx?path=2b72a668f67368ce37bc781f3074a295en02
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have preordered "The Web of Fear" on DVD :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry for being ignorant, I admittedly haven't read up on this kind of thing, but are there any classic who stories that haven't been released on DVD yet (I mean stories that aren't missing ;))?

And is there any plans for re-releases on Blu Ray (maybe only NUWHO)?
  • Options
    Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clackers wrote: »
    Sorry for being ignorant, I admittedly haven't read up on this kind of thing, but are there any classic who stories that haven't been released on DVD yet (I mean stories that aren't missing ;))?

No. Terror of the zygons was the last....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Underwater Menace part 2 is the only existing episode not to have been put out on dvd.

I doubt any other classic stories will be put out on blu-ray. Nothing confirmed yet, in any case.
  • Options
    ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member

Spearhead from Space is the only Blu Ray as it is the only classic Doctor Who suitable for High Definition (as it was shot entirely on film due to a strike preventing use of the studio).
  • Options
    TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

These are the classic stories which have not been released as of yet on DVD (and An Adventure in Space and Time which is about the classic stories):

2014:

The Moonbase: UK: January 20th, 2014, US: ?
    The Web of Fear: UK: February 24th, US ?
    The Underwater Menace: UK: ?, US: ?
    The Enemy of the World: US: ?
    An Adventure in Space and Time: US: ?

To the guy who said that The Enemy of the World was being released in the US in December, my local Barnes and Noble has no record of it. :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Theophile wrote: »
    These are the classic stories which have not been released as of yet on DVD (and An Adventure in Space and Time which is about the classic stories):

2014:

To the guy who said that The Enemy of the World was being released in the US in December, my local Barnes and Noble has no record of it. :/

That was me. I can't find it local either but this link to Best buy in Canada has it.. Sold out now!
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dr-who-enemy-of-the-world-2013/m2209133.aspx?path=2b72a668f67368ce37bc781f3074a295en02&ref=199&loc=TnL5HPStwNw&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-EBIsglVF0p8Fz7WfY9GaGQ

and..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_DVD_releases

Must be an error...
  • Options
    The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

2014:

To be pedantic, the two, known to exist, episodes of The Moonbase HAVE been released on DVD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    slider28 wrote: »

Hmmmm..... It all sounds really dubious.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm..... It all sounds really dubious.

Going by post on galifrey base its a very limited release exclusive to Canadian buyers.

Moonbase in region 1 11th February http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Doctor-The-Moonbase/19260
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be pedantic, the two, known to exist, episodes of The Moonbase HAVE been released on DVD.

True, but I am talking about their own, complete as a full story (through animation or in and of itself) releases. :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »

Hooray! That makes the list:

2014:

The Moonbase: UK: January 20th, 2014, US: February 11th, 2014
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An also available trailer got cleared by the bbfc of enemy of the world. Going to take a guess at web of fear as nothing of menace has been cleared by the bbfc yet and it would make sence as both enemy and web were announced at the same time and enemy promoted web.it kind of makes sence for web to promote enemy in return .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I called Best Buy in Canada and they told me they can not ship to the US! SIGH!! but they have 15 back In stock! Why can't the US make it available like Canada??
  • Options
    Dr2PatDr2Pat Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    The Moonbase DVD now up for preorder on BBC Shop.
    Unless it's a mistake, it looks like it also has a new, earlier release date, 6th January. :)
    Link