Not looking forward to queen week

thinkfunthinkfun Posts: 2,442
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i really hate queen songs....well most.... i do like the odd 2/3 but i really dont want a queen week.....anyone agree???

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    I completely agree.

I used to really like them, they were in my top 5 bands ever. But I think I've heard Radio Gaga too many times to think highly of them anymore.

Hate hate hate that song.
  • DuchessKittyDuchessKitty Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with Queen! What is wrong is the thought of Jedward, Drippy Lloyd and Jamie "Shouting" Archer murdering their songs! Poor Freddie would be spinning in his grave!
    Forum Member
    Freddie Mercury wouldn't be spinning in his grave.

He was cremated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely agree OP.

Only like one of their songs, Don't Stop Me Now, all the others sound awful IMO.

Queen are probably the most overrated band in history, and it's just like another rock week, which was a yawn-fest.

I'm actually finding myself looking forward to J & E the most. I think I'm starting to like them, and I might vote for them out of something other than spite. :eek:
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of all their stuff either. I might record it and go back for any good/trainwreck performances.
  • EurovisionDaveEurovisionDave Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Good God. Queen week ?! Could we have something CONTEMPORARY.
  • SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen overrated? Wow you people really need to do your homework, they are one of the most musically diverse bands to have ever lived and you don't have to be a fan to know it, and very influential, i.e Lady Gaga, Katy Perry for the teenyboppers and pop fans.

Reason why theres a Queen week is probably because its the 40th anniversary soon, and they have some compliation thing coming out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,872
    Forum Member
    I agree coz i dont even know any, i wanted some up to date music for once!
  • DuckSeasonDuckSeason Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be in the minority then, because I can't wait for Queen week. They finally picked a good band to revolve a theme around, a breath of fresh air compared to overhyped crap like Britney Spears, Take That, Mariah Carey and whatever else we've had last year and this year. The contestants could learn a thing or two from Freddie Mercury's showman skills. Queen have such a diverse back catalogue that the contestants can find at least one song that suits them. And pink sparkle, how can you have never heard a single Queen song? You really need to listen to more music, there's so much more than boring old chart music.
  • bridgertonbridgerton Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Look, just be pleased we're not forced to sit through Britney Spears week again.:o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    simon talks about being relevant? how does Queen fit into that..

all I see 2 of his acts will be amazing with these songs and yes I know its cynical.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

all I see 2 of his acts will be amazing with these songs and yes I know its cynical.

Queen are pretty relevant in that their music is hugely influential in what people listen to today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »

I really hate it when people say Queen aren't relevant. These are the same people who probably put up with Big Band week, which has gone out of date a long time ago. Many performers would probably give up a limb to sing like Freddie Mercury, while nobody gives a toss about who does the best rendition of Mack the Knife. Bands like Muse prove that Queen has an influence today. The Beatles are older than Queen and they're not irrelevant. Why? Because they are still listened to, talked about and appreciated by millions of people today, not to mention have an influences on artists today. Same with Queen. Where do you think Lady Gaga got her name from? :rolleyes: Music is irrelevant when it ends up like disco or big band.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thinkfun wrote: »
    i really hate queen songs....well most.... i do like the odd 2/3 but i really dont want a queen week.....anyone agree???

Yes, just because you personally dont like them there shouldnt be a Queen week:rolleyes:

Look I hate Big Band music, I think its tripe and as a result I hate Big Band week. But I accept that other people do like it. Its a matter of personal taste. Not everyone is going to like the themes each week, but there are so few contemporary acts with extensive back catalogues so the producers hands are tied.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Queen are awesome. Greatest band/group ever IMO.

But, I don't fancy hearing their songs get murdered. Pretty difficult songs to sing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DuckSeason wrote: »
    I really hate it when people say Queen aren't relevant. These are the same people who probably put up with Big Band week, which has gone out of date a long time ago. Many performers would probably give up a limb to sing like Freddie Mercury, while nobody gives a toss about who does the best rendition of Mack the Knife. Bands like Muse prove that Queen has an influence today.

I adore Muse...they are amazing!!
  • KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nail/head. I'd rather a Top Ten Hits from 2008/9 night or something. Not that there aren't some great classics, but an entire night full of old stuff from a band who were at their height when at least half the contestants weren't born makes me cringe.

For the record, I'd feel the same way about a Beatles night.
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a big Queen fan so I shall be singing along with all of them.

Radio GaGa - one of my favs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's taking the place of ABBA week I don't mind at all :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KBBJ wrote: »
    Nail/head. I'd rather a Top Ten Hits from 2008/9 night or something. Not that there aren't some great classics, but an entire night full of old stuff from a band who were at their height when at least half the contestants weren't born makes me cringe.

For the record, I'd feel the same way about a Beatles night.

You can say the same thing about Big Band, but they have that every year and nobody says anything. Don't forget Abba and disco, and if Queen are irrelevant, then the former three are even more so. But Queen still has an influence on artists today, just like the Beatles. They are still listened to, talked about and appreciated by millions. To become "irrelevant", you'd have to end up like disco or big band. And the big one - "Freddie Mercury can't sing", which was actually said in a previous thread.
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    I am a big Queen fan so I shall be singing along with all of them.

Radio GaGa - one of my favs.

That's their worst song for me I'm afraid. It represents their worst aspects.

I'm currently listening to their vids on YouTube and I do like alot of them. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    If it's taking the place of ABBA week I don't mind at all :)

It's taking the place of dance week, of all things!:confused::eek:
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    DuckSeason wrote: »
    And the big one - "Freddie Mercury can't sing", which was actually said in a previous thread.

FFS, who said that? Have they considered comedy as a career?
  • Candy StoreCandy Store Posts: 5,125
    Forum Member
    Glorfindel wrote: »
    It's taking the place of dance week, of all things!:confused::eek:

I think they've only put it back and they will still have dance/disco week ................. or more accurately a sing anything under a glitter ball week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they've only put it back and they will still have dance/disco week ................. or more accurately a sing anything under a glitter ball week.

Then we'll be assaulted by Lloyd singing Chris Brown. :o No pun intended!