<-------Gary : Plot -------->

Nigel_BourneNigel_Bourne Posts: 163
Forum Member
So, Gary was the father of the Roman emperor Constantine and also fought at the Alamo.

Something tells me he has a less than tangible grip on reality.

:confused:

Comments

• ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    some people believe in past life experience, some people believe in religion.
    We are all different.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your thread title made me snigger but I still love him though :p
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    So, Gary was the father of the Roman emperor Constantine and also fought at the Alamo.

In 14 something or another too. Amazing.

Why is it that people who think they are reincarnated were always well known historical figures in former lives and not some unknown farmer from who knows where/
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is a genius and a legend. I was literally crying with laughter. That might just be my all-time favourite BB monologue.

I want a transcript!!!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,801
    Forum Member
    I reckon he was Alexander the Great's chief eunuch.
  • shazzersereshazzersere Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He may be ill or perhaps he belives in it? whats the big deal?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Isn't it great? :D

He is compelling viewing.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most imaginative thread title ever. Well done!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Loads of people, especially in California and some places, believe in woo woo stuff like past life regression, scientology, kabbalah etc. Then again, some people believe in some guy up in heaven deciding if you should go to heaven or hell.
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The man is a genius and a legend. I was literally crying with laughter. That might just be my all-time favourite BB monologue.

He's just wiping the floor with them all whilst they snigger behind his back with their 'buffoon' type comments ;)
  • atkoatko Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's called Past Life Regression. That's what he was referring to, some people believe in it, some people think it's crap. It is fascinating though, I remember seeing Phillip Schofield do it once.
    Forum Member

Why is it that people who think they are reincarnated were always well known historical figures in former lives and not some unknown farmer from who knows where/

I was a dung collector :(
  • Chief KegwinChief Kegwin Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brilliant stuff from gb, i was pissing myself.
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member

And said with a dead-pan voice. :D
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

Just what I was thinking :D I can't remember exactly but believe I was the cleaner at the Alamo :cool: Phew what a mess.
  • Spidey1Spidey1 Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true I remember his face when we did it in history in school. and everyone thought it was Gary then.

the thing about Gary with me is I always think he's in a film when he's talking. James probably thinks Gary's in the kind of film where Gary would probably kill him for annoying him.
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what the fuss is about. I was the Elizabeth Taylor of the Ming dynasty.
    Forum Member
    Just what I was thinking :D I can't remember exactly but believe I was the cleaner at the Alamo :cool: Phew what a mess.

More lemon pledge?
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    I was Joan of Arc.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the best thing I've ever witnessed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is one, posted earlier from tellymix.
  • SpiritedAwaySpiritedAway Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's fair to criticize his beliefs in reincarnation. I don't subscribe to that but live and let live.

But the dates and events Gary referred to sounded historically correct from what I remember so I think it's a little reckless and presumptuous to question his grasp on reality when he displays such a clear comprehension of the past.
  • jeanettexjeanettex Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is called reincarnation a lot of people believe in it
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    jeanettex wrote: »
    it is called reincarnation a lot of people believe in it

Most Hindus, Buddhists, Scientologists and others believe in a form of reincarnation.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi Patsy.....He's great isn't he.....Most entertainment I've had in a long time :D