Any women shocked at 'best boobs' thread?

Comments

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Real boobs sound a lot, lot better than talking about them with strangers.
    Boobs make noises too?

Oh please, please tell me they go "HONK! HONK!" :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    To those who ask why I looked in the first place - I actually thought it might be about 'cock-ups', bloopers, whatever you call them.

I don't know any men who use the term 'boobs' any more, at least not in front of me. It's quite old-fashioned.
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    Boobs make noises too?

Oh please, please tell me they go "HONK! HONK!" :eek:

You mean you haven't tried to find out? ;):eek:

The thread doesn't bother me at all, I see it as harmless amusement though I did laugh when I saw the title for the first time

Way I see it is, blokes often get told off for ogling boobs in 'real life', so the thread is probably a safe little sanctuary for them where they won't get into trouble- I've lost count of the conversations I've had where they're busy staring at mine rather than making eye contact, but then they are hard to miss, so I tend to let them away with staring. :o

I like the idea of a best cock thread, but there's so little showing of them on mainstream TV that it seems to still be a scandal when it does occur.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    And it's not a complaint - it's for DS to decide what is appropriate on here. I was just interested that there didn't seem to be a reaction of any sort.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,048
    Forum Member
    No I'm not shocked
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    No, not at all.

It's just a bunch of sad lads who don't have girlfriends, sharing very tame pictures.

I've popped in there occasionally and looked at the pictures being posted. There are so many with fake boobs, it's laughable. Is that what they get off on? God help the day they finally encounter a real woman!

LOL :D
    jenailsa wrote: »
    Not shocked but I think it's nasty, demeaning and very old fashioned.

Exactly. It doesn't shock me at all because there are so many men on DS who seem to like objectifying women but don't seem to actually like women. The thread title just irritates me mildly when I see it.
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    To those who ask why I looked in the first place - I actually thought it might be about 'cock-ups', bloopers, whatever you call them.

I don't know any men who use the term 'boobs' any more, at least not in front of me. It's quite old-fashioned.

so what should the thread be called then? tits, knockers, jugs, hooters, bazongas, norks thread?:p
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for the best cock thread ;)

I suppose an equivalent could be a best torso thread. Nice pecs, biceps and six packs.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mounty wrote: »
    Genitals are not equivalent to breasts.

There are plenty of topless men in the gayspy section though:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/blog/gayspy/

And yet men can never be "objectified" as women so often seem to be...
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    Why was I not aware there were pictures in that thread?

I'm off to find it....
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMinLondon wrote: »
    That thread is the start of a slippery slope.

what next? people voting for the sexiest male and female tv stars in awards ceremonies?

Perhaps the offended women should start by campaiging for the womens mags to stop feeding propaganda to young girls on how to achieve the perfect body.

There is nothing wrong with encouraging young girls to achieve 'the perfect body' through exercise, diet etc. The ones to be criticised as those encouraging them to do it through cosmetic surgery because unfortunately the more immature little boys (and Americans!) seem to be only concerned about size.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janey_Bee wrote: »
    Do you have any evidence of this?

I personally hate men ogling my body. And so do all of my friends. I can't speak for all women but I find your 'majority of women' assumption a little unrealistic. I could just as easily say that the 'majority of men' are rapists. Which of course is total codswallop. But it's about as accurate as your statement.

I've never heard of Chaturbate. I guess the same argument applies to the No More Page 3 debate. Just as pictures of naked women are ok in lads mags and online but not in a daily newspaper, maybe people are objecting to the Best Boobs thread being on a forum about TV programmes. It's all about context.
    I do find a lot of women say this. But if the guy doing the looking is "hot" usually it's fine.... Not saying you do this by the way .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with encouraging young girls to achieve 'the perfect body' through exercise, diet etc. The ones to be criticised as those encouraging them to do it through cosmetic surgery because unfortunately the more immature little boys (and Americans!) seem to be only concerned about size.

The problem is it doesn't work like that. Girls are continually bombarded with unattainable images of how they have to look to be deemed "attractive" by society, a society that does little to control the prevalence, and manipulation, of such imagery.

That does far more harm to young girls psychologically than an adolescent's fantasies of pneumatically enhanced breasts.
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    I suppose an equivalent could be a best torso thread. Nice pecs, biceps and six packs.

Disgraceful suggestion , how shallow !

:)
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    The problem is it doesn't work like that. Girls are continually bombarded with unattainable images of how they have to look to be deemed "attractive" by society, a society that does little to control the prevalence, and manipulation, of such imagery.

That does far more harm to young girls psychologically than an adolescent's fantasies of pneumatically enhanced breasts.

Well the " boob appreciation thread" actually promotes natural , home grown breasts , if there's ever a snap of a fake chest it seems to get criticised , surely that's a positive ?
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's amusing (albeit a little disturbing too) at the number of women who seem to think that "boobs" are the female equivalent of the penis.

Such ignorance would perhaps explain the high rate of unwanted pregnancies though, presumably they believe that keeping their bra on during sex is an effective form of contraception! :D
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A selection of quotes taken from the 'Kirk Norcross in Skype Sex Scandal' (on the very first two pages) thread ...
    Nice 'leg', shame about the face
    He has a huge willy.
    Very Nice
    Cor Blimey, what a whopper!
    I so wish it was me having a skype session with him after seening them pics
    Just what I have been waiting for lol! Nice
    Oh My!!
    Looks fairly big & satisfying to me
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with men looking at breasts, so long as they appreciate there's more to a woman than just her breasts - that's she's a real live person with emotions, thoughts, feelings.

There's also a difference between "wow, she's gorgeous, and she's got lovely boobs" and "look at the t i t s on that slapper" type of comments. The first is appreciative, the second worryingly misogynistic.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For sure the 'best boobs on TV' thread is vacuous and a little childish.

But no more so than 99.9999999999% of the pointless, meaningless, opinionated drivel that's spouted on these forums - and indeed DS Itself.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janey_Bee wrote: »
    I personally hate men ogling my body. And so do all of my friends.
    Why do your friends hate men ogling your body? Haven't they got their own to worry about? :p
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A selection of quotes taken from the 'Kirk Norcross in Skype Sex Scandal' (on the very first two pages) thread ...
    Women are allowed to make all the comments like they about men they find desirable sillyhead ! :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To misquote a previous post....

It's just a bunch of sad girls who don't have boyfriends, sharing very tame pictures..... :rolleyes:
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Breasts are fun and should be celebrated. I dont see anything wrong with the thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    I had a look at the thread once out of curiosity, and no I wasn't shocked or offended by it.

In fact I found the thread quite amusing in how seriously they discussed the subject, it still amazes me to this day how men go gaga over women's breasts. Although I have to admit I have took advantage of this fact in the past :D

Let em have their fun I say, they're not doing anybody any harm
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not shocked.
    I've never looked at it because I'm not interested in women's breasts ,but it doesn't bother me that other people are.
    Will check out the 'gay' section though :D