Joey to reveal a shocking secret at Derek's funeral

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
Forum Member
✭✭
The Brannings start 2013 in mourning as they lay Derek to rest following his Christmas Day demise.

Viewers will see Derek's funeral at the beginning of the new year, but it seems that there are mixed emotions as regards his death. Carol is incensed by the fact that Derek kept hidden a letter sent to her by David Wicks, while Cora delivers a blunt eulogy at the church that expresses what the family all thought of the recently deceased.

But it’s Joey who causes most concern when he runs out of the church after his grief proves to be overwhelming. After breaking down in front of Alice, he reveals a secret that sends her reeling. But what could it be that’s causing him such distress? Find out in episodes set to air on Friday 4 January at 8pm and 9pm on BBC1.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-12-12/eastenders-spoilers-joey-to-reveal-a-shocking-secret-at-derek-brannings-funeral- pictures.

What could it be?!

Comments

• EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Brannings start 2013 in mourning as they lay Derek to rest following his Christmas Day demise.

Viewers will see Derek's funeral at the beginning of the new year, but it seems that there are mixed emotions as regards his death. Carol is incensed by the fact that Derek kept hidden a letter sent to her by David Wicks, while Cora delivers a blunt eulogy at the church that expresses what the family all thought of the recently deceased.

But it’s Joey who causes most concern when he runs out of the church after his grief proves to be overwhelming. After breaking down in front of Alice, he reveals a secret that sends her reeling. But what could it be that’s causing him such distress? Find out in episodes set to air on Friday 4 January at 8pm and 9pm on BBC1.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-12-12/eastenders-spoilers-joey-to-reveal-a-shocking-secret-at-derek-brannings-funeral- pictures.

What could it be?!

i can't see the link can you post it again please?
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's most probably that the abuse he claimed happened to his mum at the hands of Derek might never have happened?

Not that we will ever know what he reveals as it will come out his mouth as "fleghefvlkfvjrhfvecdowunucinc dewek efivojeofcm"
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice is not really his sister, shes his cousin. Alice is the secret child Max and Carol had together. Joey is the product of rape when Derek attacked Pat
  • CRP2012CRP2012 Posts: 2,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if he will speak english to reveal the secret,unless the Secret is that HE CAN Speak English
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    It's most probably that the abuse he claimed happened to his mum at the hands of Derek might never have happened?

Not that we will ever know what he reveals as it will come out his mouth as "fleghefvlkfvjrhfvecdowunucinc dewek efivojeofcm"

:eek: why would he lie and claim he did? Unless he's got ulterior motives. Hmm, I doubt it's him telling her he was involved in his death (if he was that is)

and LOL he's not that bad :P
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It lloks like Max and Tanya are still together in 2013
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I thought that too. Derek was noticably surprised when Joey accused him of that in his first appearance, and now we know Joey has no problem making stuff like that up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alice is not really his sister, shes his cousin. Alice is the secret child Max and Carol had together. Joey is the product of rape when Derek attacked Pat

You really want this to happen don't you? I've noticed you posting about this quite a bit recently.

Thankfully it won't.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D Pretty accurate translation of Joey's dialogue I'd say!

I think you might be right though. I really hope the reveal is nothing to do with Lauren and Joey being siblings, which has been speculated a lot on here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Cora giving the eulogy? She's not related to Derek. They weren't even friends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Cora got on with Derek though lol. Even she's turned against him! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadiochao wrote: »
    I thought that too. Derek was noticably surprised when Joey accused him of that in his first appearance, and now we know Joey has no problem making stuff like that up.

Why would he feel the need to make that up though? I mean it seems that's the sole reason as to why he can't stand him.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet its Derek didnt really beat him up, I think Alice still think he did. I hope this isnt the secret because its not shocking.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I thought Cora got on with Derek though lol. Even she's turned against him! :o

You know you're an outcast when ASBO Granny Cora Cross shuns you!
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keeki wrote: »
    Why is Cora giving the eulogy? She's not related to Derek. They weren't even friends.

I'm assuming it is a case of Cora thinking "someone will have to do it" as everyone seems to have turned against Derek before his death.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    You know you're an outcast when ASBO Granny Cora Cross shuns you!

Indeed :D. Cora - the Queen of ASBO Matriarchs :cool:.
  • dannysaysdannysays Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    The Brannings love their "secrets" dont they! :yawn:
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Derek sexually abused him as a child as well as physical abusing him? How's that for a horrible secret.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pictures indicate guilt.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derek sexually abused him as a child as well as physical abusing him? How's that for a horrible secret.

well it would explain his fondness for keeping it in the famlee
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"fleghefvlkfvjrhfvecdowunucinc dewek efivojeofcm"
    this with his face dipped to one side of course :D
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    well it would explain his fondness for keeping it in the famlee

Except he doesn't, because he was clearly opposed to Lauren and Joey when he found out about them.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll reveal that he can actually close his mouth as Julia's theme starts to play