Options

Cat seeing things..

MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do any of you believe that cats or dogs can sense spirits or see ghosts?
I ve just been lying down on my sofa with my cat sat on me and suddenly it was like she was watching something or looking at someone behind me - of course their was nothing there or no flys or anything. But it really freaked me out because i tried distracting her by clicking my fingers but she was so concentrated on watching something that clearly wasn't there. :confused:
Has anyone elses animals done this?

Comments

• Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i really believe in this, animals have a paranormal sense i think and they can see the dead when we cant its creepy and my cat used to look at apparently invisible things on the ceiling too :eek:
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My old cat did it when his kidneys were going.

But, no they don't see 'ghosts' or 'spirits'. Their senses and perception is different to ours so they might be interested in something we miss. Plus it is our interpretation of their behaviour. She might just have been in deep thought:D
  • Options
    MissjefMissjef Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    i really believe in this, animals have a paranormal sense i think and they can see the dead when we cant its creepy and my cat used to look at apparently invisible things on the ceiling too :eek:

Ive been looking up about this on the internet and it seems like a lot of people do believe cats and dogs can sense the paranormal. One of my other cats years ago used to just look at blank spaces like he did with people. It's really creepy when they do that though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missjef wrote: »
    Ive been looking up about this on the internet and it seems like a lot of people do believe cats and dogs can sense the paranormal. One of my other cats years ago used to just look at blank spaces like he did with people. It's really creepy when they do that though.

There are also a lot of people who believe some people can sense the paranormal ;)..............and other who make a lot of money out of this :rolleyes:
    I'm with Stressmonkey, not only could the cat's eyesight be better than yours, (and some animals can see ultraviolet which people can't ) but maybe she was actually intently looking in the direction of something her sharper hearing had picked up, that you couldn't hear?
  • Options
    cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about the sharper hearing point.

Cats have incredible hearing. She may have heard a mouse scurrying somewhere.
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    I sometimes think my cat is 'staring at nothing' but if I bother to get up and go and look properly there is a tiny spider or a mosquito. They spot the tiniest things that we easily miss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This a game played by all cats and it's called "Make the humans look at nothing". If you notice they always stare at ? then when you look at it then look at the cat the little sweety is looking at something else. If you listen, I mean really listen, you can hear the cat laughing and maybe there is a diary with all the times you have been had by that fun loving ball of fur.
    I have three cats and must be the biggest mug in town as I always get caught out. Oh well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spiderpig wrote: »
    This a game played by all cats and it's called "Make the humans look at nothing". If you notice they always stare at ? then when you look at it then look at the cat the little sweety is looking at something else. If you listen, I mean really listen, you can hear the cat laughing and maybe there is a diary with all the times you have been had by that fun loving ball of fur.
    I have three cats and must be the biggest mug in town as I always get caught out. Oh well.

:D:D:D
    A cat variation on the game where people stare up into a tree at nothing and wait for the tree-staring crowd to form......when they walk away quietly laughing ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arrggg Curse of the Phantom Last Post!!

If it was anybody but Tass........
  • Options
    *Purdy**Purdy* Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spiderpig wrote: »

Yeah, my two play this game as well. :D

It's funniest when they do "merecat" impressions at the same time.

They sit up just like a merecat and totally focus on.... nothing. When I try and see what they're looking at, they sit back down and look at me with a totally mocking expression on their cute little faces. It's really funny when they both do it at the same time, little madams, and one day I will get the camera in time to snap them in action.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arrggg Curse of the Phantom Last Post!!
    If it was anybody but Tass........

:confused:
    What's this curse? Do I need to cross someone's palm with silver and spit over my shoulder at midnight?:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tass wrote: »
    :confused:
    What's this curse? Do I need to cross someone's palm with silver and spit over my shoulder at midnight?:eek:

Lately, the last post in a thread won't display sometimes. There seems no rhyme nor reason to it. You can see the last poster in the thread listing in the forum, but click on the thread and the new post doesn't appear. If you add another post, you can see it.

Weird.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One f my cats hates Church Bells,when the bells peel at a nearby Church she goes mad :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lately, the last post in a thread won't display sometimes. There seems no rhyme nor reason to it. You can see the last poster in the thread listing in the forum, but click on the thread and the new post doesn't appear. If you add another post, you can see it.

Weird.

Oh yes. I had that on another thread today, couldn't figure it out!
    Very weird, and it's not even Halloween anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    My cats do this from time to time, but I don't believe for a second it is anything 'paranormal'
    Last time it happened, I KNOW for a fact it was simply a cat hair that I blew that she was watching as it floated, for the life of me I could not see the hair myself once I had blown it, but she was transfixed on it and I could not distract her.
    I HATE the thought it could be anything paranormal as my little brother died in this flat two years ago, so I don't like the thought of him still being here watching me.
    Besides, if that was the case then all of my cats would surely be 'spooked' at the same time, and probably a lot more often than they are.