Options

Amazon Prime £59 until Nov 18th

Just a note that for those that are considering Amazon Prime it is available for just £59 until November 18th a saving of £20. It may be discounted on Black Friday but that isn't certain.

Comments

• Options
    gary77gary77 Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also worth pointing out this only applies to new Prime members only.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prime/pipeline/landing?ie=UTF8&ref_=sv_uk_6
  • Options
    David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    gary77 wrote: »
    Also worth pointing out this only applies to new Prime members only.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prime/pipeline/landing?ie=UTF8&ref_=sv_uk_6

I would presume that if people were already signed up the offer wouldn't benefit them anyway unless of course they only had a month or so to run. My bet though is and their customer service is very good if you are a member and want to cancel at the end of your contract which may only have a month to run they may want to offer you this special offer.
  • Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got this same deal this time last year. Shame as an existing customer my membership will renew in a couple of days at £79, but not surprised. Still a decent price, I use next day delivery a lot and have enjoyed numerous films and TV on Amazon Video.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Amazon Black friday build up deal has now started, but I would advise everyone who thinks theyre getting a bargain to use the Camel Camel Camel website here to see just how much they are actually saving

I almost bought some memory for my computer as Amazon said it was down from £109 to £59. When i entered the amazon url into the camel website it showed that yes the memory had been £109, but that was 2 years ago!

Caveat Emptor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got this same deal this time last year. Shame as an existing customer my membership will renew in a couple of days at £79, but not surprised. Still a decent price, I use next day delivery a lot and have enjoyed numerous films and TV on Amazon Video.

Try calling customer services and asking if they will renew your membership at £59 and say you will be cancelling. It is hard to think of anyone who that is challenged whether it be Sky, BT, phone companies that don't have a retentions department that will try and offer a deal to keep a customer. Spouses and members of the same family, indeed friends take advantage of these offers, sign up and their partner or others use it. Delivery is no problem because you can assign different delivery addresses including card details.

Edit:

Subsequent to me making this post I have just received an email from Amazon to confirm I can sign up for the Prime service for £59. I had previously cancelled my membership around 7 months ago because I no longer needed the delivery service. I might actually take advantage of it this time because of Christmas deliveries etc. Currently I opt in and out of Netflix, Amazon and Sky because I mainly only use them for TV shows and documentaries watch a selection of them over the month and move to the next one. I think the number of people wanting to watch a series over a shorter period rather than watch over 8-10-13 weeks is growing as long as they can avoid spoilers.

With so much more availble to you these days it would seem we would be watching more, I find I am actually watching the same or less because I don't really want to watch TV for the sake of it and cherry pick what I really want to watch.
  • Options
    mikemoldmikemold Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I be read all the post on this subject, but I have ended up very confused.
    Before I part with my £59 is this good value for money?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mikemold wrote: »
    I be read all the post on this subject, but I have ended up very confused.
    Before I part with my £59 is this good value for money?

If throughout the year you buy items from Amazon and especially at Christmas and special occasions then it is tremendous value because the delivery charges that you would pay if not a Prime member are reducing the cost of your viewing.

Currently I opt in and out of all three Netflix, Amazon and Sky and I have to say I watched less on Amazon but content has increased and series like Bosch and more recently Goliath have been among my favourite shows this year. So for £59 and saving probably at least £20 on delivery charges makes it somewhat of a real bargain. You also have to consider with currency exchanges, the cost of Amazon acquirring content that the £79 won't last and is very likely to increase sometime soon. Netflix and Sky have already increased their charges.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clank007 wrote: »
    The Amazon Black friday build up deal has now started, but I would advise everyone who thinks theyre getting a bargain to use the Camel Camel Camel website here to see just how much they are actually saving

I almost bought some memory for my computer as Amazon said it was down from £109 to £59. When i entered the amazon url into the camel website it showed that yes the memory had been £109, but that was 2 years ago!

Caveat Emptor

Yep, good advice.

I always use CCC and like you said some of those deals are only penny savings over normal prices.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is not good.

This Uni Bond air freshener here today is being advertised as down from £22.49 to £5.49 - a saving of 76%

Checking the camel website yes the freshener was once for sale at £22.49, but in January 2015!
    It has in fact been for sale on Amazon for around £7 for the past month, so this is an example of people thinking they are getting a great discount when they are not