Options

This Morning now VERY Uncomfortable viewing

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    women hate good looking women doing well, i think some women need to stroke there kittens more and find a man

If they're stroking their kitten they surely don't need a man?

It's not good looking women doing well (for example I wanted Rachel Stevens to win SCD last year, Ali this year, Jessica in DOI last year, Hayley this year etc etc) it's women doing well purely because they're good looking - Holly Willoughby, Kelly Brook.
  • Options
    Gemski08Gemski08 Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    If they're stroking their kitten they surely don't need a man?
    It's not good looking women doing well (for example I wanted Rachel Stevens to win SCD last year, Ali this year, Jessica in DOI last year, Hayley this year etc etc) it's women doing well purely because they're good looking.
    PMSL:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    I also HATE the way that when they finally get a guest that is remotely interesting they shove them to the back of the show in favour of DOI updates or stupid Cooking segments with the repugnant Gino Dicampo.

Then just as theyre getting into the swing of the interview they literally cut it dead with 'gotta go see you tommoro'

It is SO annoying. Why jam pack the show with crap then cut an interesting guest short mid flow

It is so irritating nowadays that a decent topic is cut short to go to an ad break which often takes longer than a portion of the show itself. Sometimes the ad breaks take 4 minutes or even 5 on some occasions!

Most guests are lucky if they get a 7 minute interview!

A large part of the show is also dedicated to the weekly competition! Why is it that the majority of shows these days include a competition which costs £1 per phone call?
  • Options
    Gemski08Gemski08 Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Castanet wrote: »
    It is so irritating nowadays that a decent topic is cut short to go to an ad break which often takes longer than a portion of the show itself. Sometimes the ad breaks take 4 minutes or even 5 on some occasions!

Most guests are lucky if they get a 7 minute interview!

A large part of the show is also dedicated to the weekly competition! Why is it that the majority of shows these days include a competition which costs £1 per phone call?

I agree, they do seem to waste alot of the show with thse annoying comp ads and crap.
    I like the cooking bits, they usually make me laugh.
    TM and LW always seem to have rushed interviews, I dont mind if its someone crap...it always seems to be when they have someone intersting on they cut them off grrr:D
  • Options
    lynn666lynn666 Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch this morning show now and then and mostly i like it ,i thought pete andre presented it pretty good wasnt keen on the female presenter though,im not a big fan of eamon holmes but find his girlfriend and co presenter quite good.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cOlefax, I think the sound coming from their earpieces is picked up by their mics... and it's SO IRRITATING isn't it!!! :eek:

Yep :D I thought I had Borrowers somewhere around the house.

Anyone else irritated by them Dolmio adverts too? How long have they been using the same friggin adverts?! Change it pleaseeeeeeeee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    c0lefax wrote: »
    Anyone else irritated by them Dolmio adverts too? How long have they been using the same friggin adverts?! Change it pleaseeeeeeeee.

As they sponsor the show, I doubt that's ever going to happen but something newer and fresher would make a refreshing change.
  • Options
    gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    lynn666 wrote: »
    im not a big fan of eamon holmes but find his girlfriend and co presenter quite good.:D

She should do a pound shop hair dye ad: 'Because we're not worth it!'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Phil & Holly are on tv 6 days a week now - way, way too much!
    They think its hilarious that we're subjected to them for that amount of time.
    He's too shouty these days & she's too giggly - incapable of doing the serious stuff.
    The whole presenting line up think they're something special - Ruth, Eammon, Holly & esp Phil.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    I used to love the chemistry between Phil & Fearne but now if it's on when I go to the gym I feel cheated and end up watching ANYTHING else - even the sport channel :eek:
    The adverts and links go on for ever ..zzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Serously The acid tounge Dancing on ice judge Jason Gardner is the "Fashin Expert" what the f**k how can you go from being a judge to being a "fashion expert" come on when yu watch him on TM its clear he dosent no what hes talking about

honestly that tool with the stupid hair cut on lorraine kellys show is better than him and thats saying something! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    semimintedsemiminted Posts: 3,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pawprint wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance on such matters-but I don't recall God and Jesus performing together?

oh dear, oh dear.....who hasnt read their Bible, they were and still are a double act.......our only hope.....;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    No I actually really liked Peter Andre today.

I don't like Phil and Holly though... Nobody replaces Fern.
  • Options
    starman700starman700 Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    semiminted wrote: »
    oh dear, oh dear.....who hasnt read their Bible, they were and still are a double act.......our only hope.....;)

A bit like morcambe and wise but they dont share a bed
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Morning has been shit since Fern left. I actually don't dislike Holly, I just think she lacks the life experience needed to host a show like that. Often she looks totally out of her depth to me. The job should have gone to an older woman. I don't know why they didn't give it to Ruth as she has proved herself as a stand in over the years?

Phil is just awful these days. So pompous, smug and up his own rear. To think he used to be likeable. I think the reason Holly was hired was 100% down to him. There's no way he could hack it if an older attractive intelligent and articulate woman was showing him up. He likes having a young, slightly dippy dolly bird stood next to him. It makes him look good, and of course it feeds his already inflated ego. Personally I feel he should gone with Fern and the show should have had a new duo hosting.

Also how the hell did Jason Gardner get the job as fashion expert? WTF does this rude arrogant pillock know about fashion? He is a choreographer and dancer. How does this qualify him to style other people?:confused: His make overs are usually awful and the people look worse than they did before.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard smug Phil say one day that he chose Holly to be with him so maybe it was his idea for Jason to join the show as well... :eek:

Why does Phil shout all the time on DOI just like he used to do when he used to do the Smash Hit Awards? Chris Evans is another shouty presenter and his voice sounds awful when he's shouting at some awards type show or when he had his leaving do at the 02... it's like they both forget they have mics at times! :eek:
  • Options
    CyrilTheWaspCyrilTheWasp Posts: 2,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is Hello and OK magazine and then there is ITV.

Thats a treble up for starters.

Can anyone add another one for a Yankee ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show has got a lot worse. I don't dislike Holly at all, but I don't think she's suitable for that presenting role on This Morning - she just giggles and squeals all the time and tries too hard to be funny, and serves merely as an empty vessel to massage Phil's increasing ego. I think the promotion of DoI is getting way beyond a joke now - almost all of Monday's show is dedicated to picking over it.

I do much prefer it with Eamonn and Ruth, these days - the show seems better when they're on, and I'm actually not much of a fan of Eamonn either, but it's fun to watch them. In fact I even enjoyed it with Peter Andre today, think he and Kate did a great job.

That proposal thing was weird tho - did anyone see the girl mouth the 's' word? ...and when they gave her boyfriend tickets to take her up the OXO tower, I'm sure I can't be the only one who sniggered rudely...:D.
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    i dont mind this morning, its still a good show. though i think itv should have done more to keep fern, from what i read she wasnt treated very well at all. hence why she left. though she did seem abit miserable AFTER she lost all that weight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    I like Phil and Holly :)

I don't care for Ruth and Eamon and very rarely watch Friday's.

I agree about Jason Gardiner, he's so annoying. Get him off This Morning! He's too much for that time in the morning!
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The competition promotions are really annoying (as on GMTV and virtually every other ITV programme for that matter).
    As they're simply promoting their own product (i.e. a raffle) they why doesn't it have to be done within advertising time and not during the programme?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't mind Holly. She has improved considerably since she started in September.

I absolutely can't stand Phil though. I used to quite like him but he's really turned into a pompous little prick. Particularly since he started Twittering. He also seems to treat Holly as the lesser of the two when they're presenting. Him and Fern were always an equal partnership.

I miss Fern and I miss her warmth and the way she'd peer over her glasses when approaching a sensitive topic. :(
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few bits of This Morning in recent months. Of the two male presenters, Eamonn Holmes seemed to have the better approach.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    cavegirl79 wrote: »
    That proposal thing was weird tho - did anyone see the girl mouth the 's' word? ...and when they gave her boyfriend tickets to take her up the OXO tower, I'm sure I can't be the only one who sniggered rudely...:D.

Haha, I felt so sorry for the girl - you could tell she just wanted to yell at him... I actually thought it was sweet at the time [that he proposed on live TV] - but i'm glad it didn't happen to me.. i'd hate that :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    Cannot believe they choose Kate (ie) and Peter for This Morning - think first!!!