Bernie Nolan - cancer return

Comments

• monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    Sad news. Saw Bernie in the Chicago the musical tour earlier this year and she was really good in her role of Mamma Morton.
    i saw her in it too and i met her after. she was so nice
    Poor Bernie, such an awful thing to happen. These people are lowlifes of the worst kind. :(

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bernie-nolan-cancer-stricken-stars-home-1781526
    its sick :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news about such a lovely person :-( heart goes out to her family x
  • Goldbear86Goldbear86 Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad.:( thoughts are with her family.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a cancer survivor myself, I feel for her and her family.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zummigummi wrote: »
    I also hope Coleen takes notice as last year when in Celeb BB she was smoking like a chimney.

That's a cheap shot there if ever there was one. Breast cancer has many causes - get off your pulpit:mad:
  • zummigummizummigummi Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    That's a cheap shot there if ever there was one. Breast cancer has many causes - get off your pulpit:mad:

What? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Smoking is a massive sub-causing factor of many many cancers. It lowers the immune system allowing cancer to more easily take hold. Okay smoking won't give you cancer but smoking will increase you're chances of getting it.

I too hope Coleen takes note and cuts back.
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is very sad about Bernie and thoughts go out to her family. I think breast cancer runs in the family. I'm pretty sure that sister Linda had it but she is okay now to my best knowledge? Their mum I think died from it?
    I was watching CBB too and did think when I saw coleen smoking knowing that breast cancer runs in the family that hopefully she might give up.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    From the Mirror article, it looks like she's back home for now. A lot of Hospices do outreach work, now, where they can support people if they want to spend their remaining time at home. Have only just read about the break-in and how Bernie's condition has deteriorated so fast. Am so sad for her and her family, especially her husband, Steve and daughter, Erin. At least they will always have someone to be immensely proud of. I hope Bernie isn't suffering too much and just hope, also, that she finds peace if the situation is as bad as they say it is.

As for the burglars, I just don't want to waste time on commenting. Worthless individuals.

Agreed completely with this post.

Very, very sad for all of them, and they are so young still - Bernie Nolan to be going through terminal illness and her daughter to be facing losing a parent so young.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I truly am sorry to hear this news, I grew up watching the Nolan Sisters and I've always liked them, poor Bernie, so tragic for her and her family.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very sad reading that she has had her house burgled in addition to having terminal cancer. Poor Bernie.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    I was very sad reading that she has had her house burgled in addition to having terminal cancer. Poor Bernie.

Me too. It's absolutely disgusting behaviour.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but do some of the Nolan sisters not talk to one another for some reason?

If this is correct, I do hope all have made their peace before the end.

I really hope so, it did seem terribly bitter.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope so, it did seem terribly bitter.

Me too. I think Bernie tried to keep neutral, from what I gather (but could be wrong). It seems to have peaked when four of the sisters did the tour without Anne (not sure if Denise had wanted to do it anyway) but there were problems before. Really hope they feel that none of that matters, now, and have united to help Bernie and her family through. I believe some of them had worked out their differences, based on what was said during one of their latest interviews.

Bernie is the second youngest sister. 52 is nothing, these days. Cancer is just such an indiscriminate b******.
  • delazarousdelazarous Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sad for her daughter, who's only 12 - what a terrible age to lose your mum! Not that there's ever a good age but I honestly can't imagine that I'd have coped with such a loss at that time in my life. It was bad enough as a fully independent adult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delazarous wrote: »
    How sad for her daughter, who's only 12 - what a terrible age to lose your mum! Not that there's ever a good age but I honestly can't imagine that I'd have coped with such a loss at that time in my life. It was bad enough as a fully independent adult.

Hope her aunties and Bernie's friends gather around her and give her (and her dad) all the love and support they can as she enters her teens. Hope, also, that she'll be able to carry really positive thoughts of her mum with her. All the same, Bernie's still here and I don't want to start talking past tense- this time will be really precious to them all.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bernie is gone now, may she rest in peace, so sad for her family especially her young daughter :(
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Bernie is gone now, may she rest in peace, so sad for her family especially her young daughter :(

Nope.

She's very much alive.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope.

She's very much alive.

OMG, I read today that she had died, what sort of sick person does that? :(
  • hils0912hils0912 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Rumours started to circulate on Tuesday on Facebook about Bernie passing. I work with Anne (her sister) and Amy her niece so this has really upset them as the rumours are not true. They are obviously distraught at the thought of it going to happen without this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hils0912 wrote: »
    Rumours started to circulate on Tuesday on Facebook about Bernie passing. I work with Anne (her sister) and Amy her niece so this has really upset them as the rumours are not true. They are obviously distraught at the thought of it going to happen without this.

That's terrible. :mad:

Please pass on the good wishes for Bernie and her family in this thread, if you can. :)
  • hils0912hils0912 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    I will do, I often show them stuff on DS, when we have a quiet time at work (oops, that should be lunch break), so will link the thread and pass on your good wishes too.
  • tinyditinydi Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Wish people wouldn't start these rumours, they are so bad.. It is bad enough that Bernie is losing her fight for life without these people doing this..

Please pass on my best wishes to Bernie and all her family via Anne. Thank you hils0912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hils0912 wrote: »
    I will do, I often show them stuff on DS, when we have a quiet time at work (oops, that should be lunch break), so will link the thread and pass on your good wishes too.

It seems so cruel that, starting with Anne, so many of the sisters have had to deal with breast cancer. There is nothing 'good' to say about Bernie's actual situation. She doesn't deserve it and nor do her family. There is plenty of good, however, to say about Bernie and the entertainment the Nolans have given over the years, in all their different forms. Each of the sisters has an impressive repertoire of things they've achieved. Bernie and her sisters have done a considerable amount to promote Breast Cancer awareness. I guess it's time to be realistic about how gravely ill she is but I hope that she is experiencing some good times right now and, without being patronising, can feel some of the warmth that people have for her.