The Girl with 7 Mums Channel 5 9pm

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    China Girl wrote: »
    Where are social services ????

As far away as possible I hope.

With all their money worries it sounds like the family has enough problems already without any wretched social workers getting in on the act.
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    I googled and found this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2326692/Second-wife-leaves-Rampant-Rabbi-Preacher-Philip-Sharp-just-FIVE-spouses-leaves-harem.html

It has a link to the ITV prog. but I can't watch it in Spain.

You can guess what googling Rampant Rabbi brought up!

I really did think it was going to be a happy affirmation. Now it looks to me like self-indulgence and avoidance.

And are they sure they got the nickname right?

Sounds to me like it should be "Randy Rabbi".
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The age ranges of the wives in the family is pretty odd... I'm just catching up now. Something does seem... odd.. about the family. Like with Sister Wives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_Wives) you actually see that they are a family - a loving family. The family in this programme just seem split. They don't seem like a family and I find it odd the way the girl narrator is referring to her other mums.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikestone8 wrote: »
    And are they sure they got the nickname right?

Sounds to me like it should be "Randy Rabbi".

No, Rampant Rabbi was deliberate. Add one letter at the end and google it and you'll soon see why.
  • Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Two kids desperate to go to school but he says no. I'm getting more uncomfortable.
    I thought that was cruel. I bet he knew full well before he took his two girls there that they wouldn't let them go part time and was only taking them to shut them up.
    As for Ellie her Daddy didn't want her losing her innocence??
    That is long gone...I couldn't believe the way she talked.
    As for him he is a total control freak..I feel for the children ...poor things.
  • carey579carey579 Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who wants to punch their faces?

:mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »
    Yes: "I don't want to lose my innocence, I think sometimes we actually have to go out there.... and experience it."
    :eek:
    What kind of 10 year old talks like that.

The kind whose parents talk like that.

They repeat what they hear.
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Should a man with many wives have a separate penis for each one ?

If so would he keep them in a tool box?
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just watched this and feel very uncomfortable with the whole set up.

"the family clubbed together to buy the farm". I would be interested to know who put the bulk of the money in and what portion he put in. He said having horses was his childhood dream, hmmm so he has created this life where he gets his dream and says it's the word of god.

And as for not letting the 2 girls attend school because they would become ugly of mind and lose their innocence. No sorry not buying it mate, you just want to control your family so everyone stays worshipping you.

I would like to see the wives boot him out of the family and make the decisions for themselves and the children.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do the wives have a rota for his attentions so to speak?
    They had chores rotas pinned on the wall.
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this on repeat and the father some across as a right narcissist. Who the hell believes they are the voice of god, is god to their wives and in the 'witchraft of women'. His wives need to get some help and get out of there. Poor kids.
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just watched the repeat of this documentary, and the This Morning interview in full:
    http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/the-rampant-rabbi/

I'm very concerned about poor Margo who looks thoroughly unhappy in the ITV interview. I think Phillip's convincing her that she could not be a good Mother to Ellie at 3 months was an utter disgrace and wicked beyond belief.

As is not allowing his 2 daughters to go to school when they expressly wished to do so. And what kind of religious man buys race horses to participate in the world of betting and glory if successful? Obviously someone who is totally selfish and constantly looking for self agrandisement. I didn't see much spirituality going on. Ofcourse the non-selfish option would've been to plant potatoes, veg and farm chickens, sheep etc. to at least provide food for his family, but no, that didn't occur to him, so they had to make do with cheese on toast and a can of beans when the money ran out.

So now the remaining 5 wives and children have all gone off with him to Crete. Frankly, I can only see it all ending up in tears, and I sincerely hope that Ellie wakes up to her Father's fallibilities soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Margo looked thoroughly miserable throughout the whole programme, I'm surprised he allowed, yes, allowed her to go on This Morning.

Also managed to read a bit of the magazine article former wife Tracey wrote. This bit speaks volumes:

He encouraged us to cut all ties with friends and family.

Did that not send alarm bells ringing for any of them? Clearly a control freak. Also, the way he spoke to Margo (he doesn't seem to like Margo much imo) about being lazy, he obviously has no respect for her. She seems very brow-beaten. Maybe she's sticking it out until Ellie's 18 and they can both escape. Hope so anyway.

Run! Ladies, RUN! And take your children with you.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So unhealthy - some women have zero self-respect. Funny how it's never one woman with seven husbands: wonder why :rolleyes:
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will watch this on catch up