The Blacklist starring James Spader (UK Pace) on Sky Living

Comments

• 'Oaks Addict'Oaks Addict Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic episode, really showing a different side to red and to some extent Elizabeth , having to actually solve a situation herself instead of relying on him.

Can't wait for next week!!

Is next week the last one?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    'Oaks wrote:
    Absolutely fantastic episode, really showing a different side to red and to some extent Elizabeth , having to actually solve a situation herself instead of relying on him.

Can't wait for next week!!

Is next week the last one?

According to Epguides it is a 13 episode series, and we are on Episode 10 with this next episode.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    According to Epguides it is a 13 episode series, and we are on Episode 10 with this next episode.

22 episodes this season.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    22 episodes this season.

Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

I would prefer a tighter script due to less episodes, but if they keep up the quality then of course more episodes would be welcome. Just hope there isn't too much filler.
  • f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The use of the briefest of flash forwards at the beginning of Anslo Garrick Part 1 was an absolute master-stroke.

Gripping episode! Can't wait for Part 2.

I'm going to guess the twist for the cliffhanger is...
    The gun-shot being Agent Ressler shooting himself, and not the black-dude being shot

I too however am very nervous how 22 episodes can keep the arc going without filler. Granted there's plenty of scope for different villains of the week but I hope it doesn't damage the narrative.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment it seems like Red isn't going to get out of it by his own hand, but will need to be rescued. His goal seems to be to survive until that happens.

Although it occurs to me know that he took Agent Ressler into the cube with him, and is keeping him alive, not out of sentimentality but because Ressler knows how to open the cube. If a few key people die outside, Red would be stuck indefinitely without Ressler.

Presumably Red is waiting for the FBI to turn up in force. He had no idea where Lizzie was, and probably doesn't have a small army of his own prepped to storm the building as a contingency.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    The use of the briefest of flash forwards at the beginning of Anslo Garrick Part 1 was an absolute master-stroke.

Gripping episode! Can't wait for Part 2.

I'm going to guess the twist for the cliffhanger is...
    The gun-shot being Agent Ressler shooting himself, and not the black-dude being shot

I too however am very nervous how 22 episodes can keep the arc going without filler. Granted there's plenty of scope for different villains of the week but I hope it doesn't damage the narrative.
    Can't say I like them, these - 13 {in this case} Hours Earlier - see it in a lot of dramas, didn't add anything for me.
    OMG what an episode!!!!
    Just love this programme, roll on Friday night.
    ....and I didn't know it was going to be in two parts.:o...best episode of the season - so far.

But Luli.:cry:
    And Barefoot Lizzie - Die Hard homage.:cool:
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet the FBI tech guy turns out to be the grass

BTW the show has been renewed for a second season

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/12/nbc-renews-blacklist-second-season/
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just thought id pop on here being new to DS and say what a masterstroke od episode
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As each week goes by, I flip flop between this and POI as my fav show. It's like a never ending tennis match!
  • 'Oaks Addict'Oaks Addict Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope everyone is watching!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode!! So many more questions to answer. I hope we get some answers in the latter part of season 1 in January. Alan Alda's Crowley is going to be an interesting but dangerous foe for Reddington. I'm excited to see how his character plays out when the show returns. Ashame they killed off Anslo Garrick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode. Looking forward to the next series. And they said at the end 'back next year after a short break', which I hope means early part of the year rather than next autumn
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    What an episode.:cool:

Edge of the seat stuff from start to finish and by the end still confused, which I like.

Liked all the mercenaries, EVERYWHERE..Reds, I think where better - and the Old Lady, helping Liz at the 'Apple' house opposite.
    And Reds call to Liz at the end.:o

Plus indestructible Ressler's next of kin 'ex' - I don't trust.;-)

Oh yeah - Alan Alda....a baddie - what's that all about.;-)

geniusgirl wrote: »
    Brilliant episode. Looking forward to the next series. And they said at the end 'back next year after a short break', which I hope means early part of the year rather than next autumn
    I'm looking forward to the rest of this one first - it's a mid-season break....says on imdb, next episode in the US: Jan 13th.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So this is confirmation that the apple-eater monitoring Lizzy was not working for Red, but the faction that went to all this trouble to have a conversation with him. Red could have revealed their secrets but didn't, and says his blacklist project has nothing to do with them. That faction has also been monitoring the FBI. Do they have cameras in every FBI employee home, or is Lizzy special to them? If the latter, is that because of Red or do they have their own interest?
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My only concern is that I hope they can keep up the quality. This was originally written around an episode count of 13, which has now been extended to 22.
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Just watched the last episode (out xmas dinner Friday night and not feeling well all day Saturday ;-)).

Just love this show, it just get's better and better.

RED is a great character and can not wait to find out all about Lizzie husband, what is going on there????

Hope it's a short break and will be back in January to make a long month that little bit shorter. :)
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Well I think Red is the mole and he's directing it all to get one over on Alda and use their tech and surveillance for his own means

:D

I should put a bet on and see if that actually turns out to be true :D:p
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Hope it's a short break and will be back in January to make a long month that little bit shorter. :)
    Damn! I thought there was just the ten episodes and I thought it worked well in that format. ie a shorter season.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn! I thought there was just the ten episodes and I thought it worked well in that format. ie a shorter season.

Your complaining about more episodes??? If the quality was sure complain away.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    . Alan Alda's Crowley is going to be an interesting but dangerous foe for Reddington. I'm excited to see how his character plays out when the show returns. Ashame they killed off Anslo Garrick.

Crowley?? Wikipedia and IMDB says Alan Alda's character is called Fitch
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Your complaining about more episodes???
    And where did I do that, exactly? :confused:
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    And where did I do that, exactly? :confused:

You seemed to express a preference for a short season of ten episodes over a season with more episodes. I believe that is what struck him as odd.
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Oh yeah - Alan Alda....a baddie - what's that all about.;-)

That was awesome. He makes such a good baddie. Is he Lizzie's father (or grand father)?
    Although he said "people I represent" so he's not the Big Bad. Maybe the Big Bad is Lizzie's father.

Red denied being her father and I believe him, still in Red not the father team.

Still doubts about the husband. He seemed very keen to be away during all this. Did he know what was going on?
  • marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sure Red was Lizzie's dad. But when she asked him point blank he said no and I don't think he would lie. Is he her uncle?