Options

Benefits Britain, Life on the Dole - 9pm Channel 5 tonight..

Comments

• Options
    Joel_BJoel_B Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    I'm convinced these people are lying when they say they want work. A days hard graft
    at work would kill this shower of scrounging leeches. They should also be stopped from having umpteen kids whilst unemployed because kids equate to extra cash for them and also provide a ready made excuse NOT to look for work.

Don't give Child Benefit for more than two kids. It will be surprising how quickly people figure out how condoms work after that. I also think that a lot of people will have jobs after that.
    Stegan wrote: »
    There are many people on benefits who are genuinely ill or actually still at least trying
    to find what little work exists. This programme could make some people believe that all unemployed people are like this.

Problem is now people will know that for a existence of riley you just have to have kids. (I wouldn't call it a life, just an existence).

Vote UKIP unless you want this to continue.
  • Options
    buttsfifebuttsfife Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am aware that the cases featured are of the most extreme variety.

However you do wonder whether "The Workhouse" or a more modern equivalent would deter some of these "multiple-breeders".

Rather than handing them hundreds of pounds per week , chase the Fathers and if that fails incarcerate them and re-open The Laundry :D
  • Options
    wur86wur86 Posts: 10,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed it. Anyone know when it will be shown again?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    buttsfife wrote: »
    I am aware that the cases featured are of the most extreme variety.

However you do wonder whether "The Workhouse" or a more modern equivalent would deter some of these "multiple-breeders".

Rather than handing them hundreds of pounds per week , chase the Fathers and if that fails incarcerate them and re-open The Laundry :D

I think you need to read up about workhouses. The poor breed a lot in the past as well as now.
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    wur86 wrote: »
    Missed it. Anyone know when it will be shown again?

It was a repeat so the chances are you've already seen it.
  • Options
    SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you need to read up about workhouses. The poor breed a lot in the past as well as now.

You are correct, they bred like rabbits regardless of their poverty but they also died earlier and their offspring were lucky to survive infancy. Not like these days......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there is a new series next week or the week after.
    I hope it is actually new, and not just 5mins of new footage at the end.
  • Options
    thomscnthomscn Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel_B wrote: »
    problem is now people will know that for a existence of riley you just have to have kids. (I wouldn't call it a life, just an existence).

Vote UKIP unless you want this to continue.

Existence of riley, what f******g planet do you live on Joel, as for voting UKIP, perhaps you are happy to have a man who was an investment banker, part of the establishment that practically brought the country to it's needs. A party leader who believes women aren't worth the same salary as a man, even when doing the same job. A party leader who thinks the NHS should be funded by private insurance, Perhaps you could also explain to me UKIP's policies on education, law and order, defence, housing, can you see where I am going with this joel, the only two policies they have are immigration and Europe, actually, call that one policy. Finally this so called leader of UKIP is very secretive on how he spends his MEP allowance....vote UKIP my a**e >:(>:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday the 26th November. New series.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, get ready to rage! :D
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Is the one on c5 now the last series?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am still laughing about Julie being overqualified...... what the F*** for? Appearances on the Jeremy Kyle Show?
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's overqualified to be a prostitute
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That bloke wot runs the cafe for the people on the social is a top bloke.
  • Options
    DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't children have fathers any more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's overqualified to be a prostitute

Isn't that 'bloke' she's with another Jeremy Kyle 'guest' that had 2 women fighting over him? :o:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, why bleep the F-word at 9.00pm but allow it at 9.15pm ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The usual effing away after every word has started.
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that 'bloke' she's with another Jeremy Kyle 'guest' that had 2 women fighting over him? :o:o:o

don't know but the woman is miss bienvenue (yes that's her real name!) she was on the last series and has both sky and virgin media
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So the bloke didn't really need the mobility scooter then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This "Silver" guy is a total scrounger.
  • Options
    Cpt James KirkCpt James Kirk Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I am still laughing about Julie being overqualified...... what the F*** for? Appearances on the Jeremy Kyle Show?

I thought she said " I;m a qualified ward Sister ""

Perish the thought!!

I got made redundant at the end of September and unfortunately had to sign on. Think i'll apply to go on!! I really hate it and can't wait to get back in the workplace!

As a side note ' Silver ' has no chance of getting PIP when he is strutting around Blackpool looking like he has no mobility problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would any sane person let Julie take care of anyone?