Options

The Carter's are the reason I can't enjoy EastEnders as much

lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
Forum Member
✭✭
Ok, I enjoyed the episode tonight, but there's one thing that's bringing the show down, and I've realised what it is now... I liked the Carter's at first, but I just think they're so boring now, I know people keep on doing Carter bashing threads, but I completely see why now! They are just SO boring!

I really liked the stacey and max scenes tonight, and the shirley and mitchell scenes, but the Carter's are the biggest problem IMO... They're in it way too much, and I wouldn't mind but they're not even an exciting family, when you compare them to the likes of the Slater's, Mitchell's, and Watt's etc...

Mick - has so much potential as danny dyer, but he honestly sends me to sleep, he just drones on and on and on, and after a about 30 seconds I'm like 'STFU!' I do quite like the character, but he's a bit boring!

Stan - again has so much potential, but we barely see Stan, and he was made out to be very evil, and is just a big softy!

Linda - I do quite like linda, but even she's becoming annoying now tbh...

Nancy, johnny, and lee - just completely wooden IMO, no character development what so ever other than johnny being gay, and I don't want to see them getting any storylines

Dean - played by a horrendous actor, panto villain

Tina and tosh - played by again very poor actors, wooden characters, boring, do my head in... Their performances together are just so boring and unconvincing

Babe - has an interesting streak, but can be quite boring at times aswell

Now I understand we've got Sylvie coming, and I'm not excited, the carters don't excite me and many other fans, and since they've came in, people have switched off, let's face it, no one cares about them that much, and the viewers don't time in to see them, like they did with the brannings, and like they do with the Beale's, etc... I'm not looking forward to this Christmas storyline at all... Or Linda's rape if I'm honest, I don't think it will be edge of your seat drama, and that it will be boring, long scenes between loads of poor, and unconvincing actors. IMO, dtc loves the Carter's way too much, and I just can't bare them anymore, they're taking over the show, and I think they've already had their day if I'm honest, they'll all be gone in a few years, and I can't wait for the next EP to come in, as they won't be so obsessed with them.

We've lost many great characters over the past few years...

Janine, peggy, pat, tanya, zainab, sean, david, bianca, jack, just to name a few...

Do the carters really make up for those vibrant characters? When you compare them to Den and Angie, the Mitchell's, and the butcher's, they are SHIT family to be in the vic, and IMO they're ruining EastEnders! We had a good episode tonight, which IMO was spoilt by dull characters like the Carter's. I grew up watching the Mitchell's in the vic, and they were dark, gritty and exciting, I'd get them back in the vic, and try and persuade Barbara back... Who else agree's about the bloody Carter's?>:(

Comments

• Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You aren't enjoying the Carters? Why haven't you told us this before?!
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Jack Branning a great character
    Are you having a laugh?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I complete get/understand you don't like them but it's incredible arrogant to think you speak for most people.

Also before you say no one's allowed criticise Eastenders on here, I was one of it's strongest critics last year but it has been turned around and the Carters are IMO one of the reasons

Obviously it's not perfect at all but I really don't get what it is you want

This time last year we would have been crying out for some decent storylines
  • Options
    BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry - The Carter's are the best thing about EE right now. The only weak link is Lee who I do not rate at all. The rest I like. Especially Linda and Nancy. Linda is a true EE legend in the making.

The Stacey and Max scenes you said you enjoyed where beyond dull, It's all about the Carter's for me!!
  • Options
    vestachellesvestachelles Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    I'm really enjoying them. I was sooo cynical about Dyer, but I love him. And I adore Nancy. Love her groundedness and her feminism. Brilliant.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    I complete get/understand you don't like them but it's incredible arrogant to think you speak for most people.

Also before you say no one's allowed criticise Eastenders on here, I was one of it's strongest critics last year but it has been turned around and the Carters are IMO one of the reasons

Obviously it's not perfect at all but I really don't get what it is you want

This time last year we would have been crying out for some decent storylines

Well said.

By all means state your opinion but don't speak on behalf of everyone OP.

I am looking forward to Sylvia Carter, she has the makings of a good soap bitch just by how glam and formidable she looks.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    I would much prefer to have the Carter's than Tired Old Bitter Carry on a Screeching Peggy Mitchell back.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it when we find a new topic of discussion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've obviously missed the point of Stan.

DTC said they deliberately switched their descriptions when they were announced. Babe is a lot more devious and nasty than originally thought and Stan is less so.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Jack Branning a great character
    Are you having a laugh?

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? They are one of the reasons why I have started tuning in religiously! I love every character!
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    I luv the Carter's so I don't agree with you OP, sorry and all. :D
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    I would much prefer to have the Carter's than Tired Old Bitter Carry on a Screeching Peggy Mitchell back.

+ 1

And as for Tanya and Jack being vibrant character....yer 'aving a larf :p I hope I never see them again.

Max droning on would put a chronic insomniac to sleep. *yawn*

The Carter's are my favourite Vic family after the Butchers.
  • Options
    secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are definitely one of the reason that I stopped watching. They are boring, there are too many of them and a lot of them are badly acted. I couldn't care less about the Linda/Dean storyline so will not be tuning in for those scenes, I only hope that they are the beginning of the end for some of the characters and that this time next year we are only left with the more interesting ones.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    I don't agree with you at all, they're a good family and have given us a breath of fresh air in the show.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I wanted the Carters gone too but I have grown to only wanting Mick to go :D I quite like and enjoy the rest of the family apart from Shirley of course but it's just wasted energy wanting her to go :( It will never happen.

Mick is awful though, weak, hypocritical and lacking in any ability to judge situations or people.
  • Options
    Louise_HartLouise_Hart Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Lou your mad, they are the best thing in EE:cool:

Also how can you find them boring but still find Stacey and Max interesting??:confused: that doesn't make any logical sense!
  • Options
    DODS11DODS11 Posts: 2,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're the only reason I continue watching.

They're in the show a lot because they are owners of the heart of the community - the Vic's where most things happen.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well you like shirley who is a carter so it can't all be bad.

I think they have Mick absolutely right, I don't want to see danny dyer the hardman I want to see Mick the character. I keep seeing threads saying mick should show his dark side etc etc. but I think they have the two confused imo.

I'm really enjoying eastenders and the carters, i think they fit it well and are so much better in the vic than kat and alfie
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had Poppy's Tuna gate and snake escape and Alice thieving gravy granules being the highlight of a episode last year compared to that the show is a breathe of fresh air atm, no it's not perfect and yes perhaps the Carter's are becoming to overload but it's really not that bad, it will to come to past as time goes on they will dwindle down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't get why people are so caught up with the surname of characters.

As long as the characters and stories and drama keeps coming I don't care.

Fair enough if they had every story going, but they don't and the ones they do have are mostly intertwined creating fantastic potential.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying them. I was sooo cynical about Dyer, but I love him. And I adore Nancy. Love her groundedness and her feminism. Brilliant.

A grown woman dressing like a 14 year old boy is not "feminism".

I was hoping Dyer would have learnt to act by now but alas not. He perseveres with his one pained/constipated expression.

I don't like Linda either. I'm disappointed the rape storyline will put her on our screens even more than she already is. I think the rape storyline should've involved Lauren and Dean to show underreported "date rape".
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Let's face it, no one cares about them that much, and the viewers don't time in to see them, like they did with the brannings, and like they do with the Beale's, etc..."

Speak for all of us do you?
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are definitely one of the reason that I stopped watching. They are boring, there are too many of them and a lot of them are badly acted. I couldn't care less about the Linda/Dean storyline so will not be tuning in for those scenes, I only hope that they are the beginning of the end for some of the characters and that this time next year we are only left with the more interesting ones.

THANKYOU! The carters really are at the bottom of the pile IMO! I watch EastEnders for the characters like Phil, Stacey, Ronnie etc... The Carter's just do nothing for me:/ if they were as good as people made out, they'd be bringing the viewers in, but they haven't done that! Infact, less people are watching the show than this time last year, the carters may be popular on digital spy, but I've heard a lot of people say publicly, that they are ruining the show... The Beale's dominated the end of April, and look how the figures went up! That's because the public love the Beale's and know they can act! That love just isn't shared for the Carter's! Minus shirley.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Let's face it, no one cares about them that much, and the viewers don't time in to see them, like they did with the brannings, and like they do with the Beale's, etc..."

Speak for all of us do you?

They haven't really increased viewers but I always get panned on here for saying so.

If you look at the episode count thread mick and Linda are on ridiculous 120 plus episodes with three months to go.

So they are going to be on 150 plus episodes which is a lot.

I doubt there will be many characters get to 100 episodes this year