Emmerdale 7pm Hour Long Special, Show Home Collapse

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, I thought it was a poor episode. The explosions was over done. The shot of the house from above before it blew up looked really amerturish.
  • HairyMaryHairyMary Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    5.63?? What kind of unusually specific scale do you use to judge a soap? For me, the hour-long episode was a full 10. From the opening refrain of Embrace's "Ashes" to the "Spot the stiffy" references to people having new lives (all week long too!) to the ad breaks framed by silence, to the Sadie twist and final smirk, all brilliant.
    I'm not one of these who gives out a 10, that would suggest nothing could have been done differently to make the episode better and I don't agree with that for ANY soap episode.

5.63 would equal good, certainly above average.

It was a good episode, fairly dull for the first half hour or so but the last 20 mins or so were great. :)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great epsiode tonight :D only thing i dont understand is Sadie hitting Jimmy why didnt she just help him?
    Probably because Jimmy was comming on too strong with her. I think he could have raped her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5.63?? What kind of unusually specific scale do you use to judge a soap? For me, the hour-long episode was a full 10. From the opening refrain of Embrace's "Ashes" to the "Spot the stiffy" references to people having new lives (all week long too!) to the ad breaks framed by silence, to the Sadie twist and final smirk, all brilliant.

I completely agree.

It was full of twists. Sadie 'knocking off' Jimmy. Noreen's wig staying on as she got blown down the stairs!

The silence was great. But any normal being would have called an ambulance in a split second.

Brilliant tonight, very well done and sure to win spectacular scene, because quite frankly - they are best at it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes I think the whole episode was good not too boring as you would have thought

EDIT: I mean before the explosion because that was spectaculer
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Incredible episode tonight - a great effort by all of the cast and crew. I loved the little details e.g Danny and Dawn remembering their past, Viv worrying about all of her children etc, even SCOTT!.. But Sadie being super-bitch was the highlight!!!!!!!!.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the house fall was a little OTT but other than that a great episode. Shame Sadie is alive :rolleyes:

She is killed in a car crash soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Talk about a blown lightbulb! The electric companies sure are coming down hard on people who don't pay their bills these days.

The stuff with Noreen opening the airing cupboard happened so fast. I knew it was coming, but I didn't expect it to happen so fast.

Glad to see Dawn getting buried under the wreckage like that. Not long now 'til she's a goner.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patsy Kensit is a brilliant actress she shon more than people do in Hollywood movies she was increadable
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Great epsiode tonight :D only thing i dont understand is Sadie hitting Jimmy why didnt she just help him?

Noreen fallign down the stairs :eek: :cry:

Cos she's a bitch, she hates him, and wanted revenge for what he planned to do. She obviously hoped she'd finish him off for good. You just knew she'd tell Tom she had no idea where Jimmy was. That's why, as he survives, she plans revenge at a later date. I'm SO glad she dies in the end. Hope it was slow and painful! :D

The explosion was great, I didn't expect the entire house to be reduced to a pile of what looked like cardboard, :D but they spent too much time on Jimmy and Sadie after it, I wanted to see everyone outside doing more of their frantic rescue act! :D

And where are Marlon and Donna gonna live now?! :p
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Johnbhoy wrote:
    Ahe is killed in a car crash soon

Is she really being killed out?

Who actually dies from the events tonight?
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    feelfree wrote:
    Patsy Kensit is a brilliant actress she shon more than people do in Hollywood movies she was increadable

Not in tonights episode she didn't!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote:
    Serious question time, do people really fly from the Dales to Devon/Cornwall? Is that normal?
    Theres an airport in Newquay so its possible, and to be honest I have flown from Manchester to Newquay once as it was cheaper than the train.

Noreen is obviously dead, not long now to the end of Dawn :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    does anyone actuall know why the house blew up or will that be revealed soon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    i know fizzy dog dawn will be no more soon!! no more moaning!!
  • lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    because Jimmy didnt get the house fixed after it was hit by the digger
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't normally like Sadie,but I liked her in tonights episode. :)
    Forum Member
    Londonary wrote:
    I completely agree.

It was full of twists. Sadie 'knocking off' Jimmy. Noreen's wig staying on as she got blown down the stairs!

The silence was great. But any normal being would have called an ambulance in a split second.

Brilliant tonight, very well done and sure to win spectacular scene, because quite frankly - they are best at it.

Yes, Also, I realise they probably don't see houses explode every day, but it would have been more natural, the moment everything stopped, collapse wise, for everyone to run to the rubble screaming peoples names, not stand artistically for 5 minutes, admiring the rubble! That was just totally unrealistic, you wondered what they were waiting for! (apart from the ad break!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not in tonights episode she didn't!

As you can see it's that posters opinion.

Patsy was good tonight, tearstick or not - the bathroom scenes were amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    the digger broke one of the gas pipes so when dawn was going on about the funny smell, it wasnt shadrach it was gas she could smell! so when noreen opened the airing cupboard it triggered off a massive gas explosion.
    Forum Member
    feelfree wrote:

A cracked pipe left over from Cain's JCB attack.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know fizzy dog dawn will be no more soon!! no more moaning!!

I can't wait. :)

Tonight's episode: 10/10

Decent acting from everyone. Even Patsy Kensit wasn't too bad tonight. :eek:

The stars of the show had to be Donna and Marlon though. I really felt for them both. :(:cry:

Poor Noreen. I found the way she was just blown away like that quite disturbing to watch. :(:cry:

Hail the legend that was Noreen! Anyone who indirectly causes the death of Dawn is a legend! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the ad break straight after the explosion there was an ad for a new housing development in Yorkshire! Lol talk about insensitive!
  • James VertiganJames Vertigan Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feelfree wrote:

I don't usually watch Emmerdale... but from the previews just had to see tonight's...

I'm pretty sure it must've been a gas explosion, as turning on a light in a room filled with gas will have the same effect as lighting a match in the same room.... BOOM!

I agree with a previous poster though, the whole house collapsing was a bit OTT, and surely if it was a gas explosion, there would be one big explosion and not a series of explosions like there were...
    Forum Member
    Is she really being killed out?

Who actually dies from the events tonight?

Sadie definitely, absolutely, dies in the mangled metal of her car.

No one knows for sure. Noreen definitely, Dawn maybe, and someone else.