Options

kicking eastenders when its down !

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
Forum Member
it seems some non enders fans are taking every oppitunity
to slate enders during its current plight,
all soaps go through there dips and although the current enders dip (i you belive there is one ) seems to be creating more hype than any dip in form i can remember, why is this?

the coranation st. 50th eps were very good and that cant help, and also emmerdale has become a strong opponent for both enders and corrie.

if enders has sunk to its lowest form for some time, rather than just keep hammering the show, why not suggest what is wrong and what can be done to boost the show,

i would like to see the show bring back some strong familuiar faces, ie, not sonia,
the kat and alfie return appears to have not gone down too well also.

how about Michael French for a return?
not sure he would welcome it myself.

enders has provided great drama over the years and i think that wether you watch the show or not we shouldd all give it chance to return to former glories, how long depends on you, i quit watching 4 months ago because i simply hadnt been enjoying for some time and was keen to watch emmerdale.

there are some enders fans who dont belive the show is currently in a dip and the viewing figures are still proving positive.

Comments

• Options
    Gingerbread'Gingerbread' Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    I agree I think some Corrie fans, espicially in the ratings thread, are really being childish.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    I agree I think some Corrie fans, espicially in the ratings thread, are really being childish.
    Yes some are
    Looking back to last year when EastEnders was flying a head of Corrie every excuse in the book was made

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1115483&page=34
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thread :eek:

As has been said before the viewing figures dont just go down if its in a bad state, im an Arsenal fan and I wont stop watching the matches just because of a dip in form. Look up the word loyalty in the dictionary.

Fans have a right to criticise the show if its performing lower then they have come to expect, just like fans have a right to praise it.

I would understand "give him a chance" if Santer left Eastenders in a mess that took months of hard work to sort out, but he left it in good condition (Bradley had just died, Stacey revealed as Archies killer, not to mention the huge audience that tuned in to see it)

Lets see what happens over xmas and new year.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course people are going to. Eastenders has been the UK's top soap for at least 3 years now, maybe even more. People are loving the 4 months of rubbish quality so are taking the time to be smug. Of course it's going to all change again...
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are just as many petty EE "fans" as there are corrie "fans" on here- i hate when everything become corrie v EE

I enjoy both shows and I admit EE isn't doing too well but it'll pick up again

people have the right to critisise it if they want though
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a viewer of both and I know I'll be in the minority I think Corrie is actually worse than Eastenders at the moment from the tram crash which looked cheap to the three predictable deaths (2 of which where only caused by the tram / explosion and not getting a 4th death as promised) Eastenders isn't much better but I do agree there has been lots of my soap is better than yours but this threads just going to end in an argument from Corrie fans saying it. :(
  • Options
    ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    I enjoy both and think corrie is better than EE at the moment - but EE is improving - the past few episodes have been great.
  • Options
    *Elle*90*Elle*90 Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy_RKO wrote: »
    Another thread :eek:

As has been said before the viewing figures dont just go down if its in a bad state, im an Arsenal fan and I wont stop watching the matches just because of a dip in form. Look up the word loyalty in the dictionary.

Fans have a right to criticise the show if its performing lower then they have come to expect, just like fans have a right to praise it.

I would understand "give him a chance" if Santer left Eastenders in a mess that took months of hard work to sort out, but he left it in good condition (Bradley had just died, Stacey revealed as Archies killer, not to mention the huge audience that tuned in to see it)

Lets see what happens over xmas and new year.

One could argue that made it all the more difficult for Kirkwood. He had the difficult task of dealing with the post live. Santer just did two months worth of plot lines that were basically irrelevant to the live episode and who killed Archie story. So Kirkwood had to somehow had to balance the other plot lines, finish plot lines that were already questionable in terms of storytelling. It was Kirkwood that had to figure out how to deal with the Stacey being Archie's killer plot line, not Santer. So it's not like Kirkwood had a lot of freedom coming in given he had to tie up all that mess the live episode left. The live episode was a great feat it was just a huge let down given there was no real planning as to what was to happen after.
  • Options
    wildbenji64wildbenji64 Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are just as many petty EE "fans" as there are corrie "fans" on here- i hate when everything become corrie v EE

I agree but it does seem like EE fans are the ones constantly blamed for it, when, especially during 50th week, it was mainly Corrie fans starting the Corrie vs EE threads.

It is annoying when every thread becomes Corrie vs EE, but it is also annoying when EE fans constantly get the blame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree but it does seem like EE fans are the ones constantly blamed for it, when, especially during 50th week, it was mainly Corrie fans starting the Corrie vs EE threads.

It is annoying when every thread becomes Corrie vs EE, but it is also annoying when EE fans constantly get the blame.

I agree with that but I think those that engage in slanging matches are pathetic anyway

Rise above it :D
  • Options
    ChelseaxxxChelseaxxx Posts: 5,274
    Forum Member
    ee at the moment is very dull all that has happened is affair after affair after affair and they need some new storyline not just recycled ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Hollyoaks had a bad year and everyone slated it and no one defended the slating, looks like its Eastenders turn again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylock wrote: »
    Hollyoaks had a bad year and everyone slated it and no one defended the slating, looks like its Eastenders turn again.

and corrie's in 6 months time :D
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fan is quite a lucid term for the people who complain about everything from EE being crap to demanding the sacking of BK and most of the thread starters are new members and those who participate are have been inactive aka banned, certain members just start threads after thread about the same thing to troll end of, I think your only find a small minority who have anything constructive to say.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange thing is, as an Eastenders viewer, I don't care much for it these days. It's sinking faster than the titanic, why can't you accept that people can dislike a show they've been watching for 25 years?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are too many people on DS who turn everything into an EE vs Corrie thread. I'm not bored of either soap, I'm actually bored of so-called "fans" constantly causing arguments. That goes for all soap fans btw. It's childish.
  • Options
    LenfaircloughLenfairclough Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange thing is, as an Eastenders viewer, I don't care much for it these days. It's sinking faster than the titanic, why can't you accept that people can dislike a show they've been watching for 25 years?

This is exactly how I feel, but some people cannot accept that someone can love what EE is (was?) and absolutely slate the show at present.

I believe that honest criticism is fair dues and way more constructive than defending EE merely because of being a "fan".
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly how I feel, but some people cannot accept that someone can love what EE is (was?) and absolutely slate the show at present.

I believe that honest criticism is fair dues and way more constructive than defending EE merely because of being a "fan".

There is fair constructive criticism and then there is trying to cause trouble and have nothing to say but empty rants.

Really I'm all for it, everyone has a right to their opinion but members are getting fed up with certain people just making duplicate threads about the same thing, wherever its just to make more posts count, to have a thread on the front page of the forum or just too troll it ain't really on is it and not fair to other fans of soaps to get swap with repeated EE threads.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate it when people say "Corrie fans" it makes it sound like its all of us who cause trouble, when really it's just one or two
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hate it when people say "Corrie fans" it makes it sound like its all of us who cause trouble, when really it's just one or two
    Very true.Thats why i usually say 'some' corrie fans and of course its also fans of other soaps too
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i watch both and when they are crap i'll say so, as i pay the tv licence in my house tis my right to moan about the beeb at least. Corries been crap for months and is only just starting to pick up and EE is getting crap since the reveal, emmerdale was crap when corrie was good when corrie went crap emmerdale picked up, all soaps have rough times and they are never all good at the same time. We can be fans of more than one soap, it doesnt have to be them and us all the time around here.
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Very true.Thats why i usually say 'some' corrie fans and of course its also fans of other soaps too

To be fair its not for you to be judge and jury with what other opinions on this forum are like, anybody can post as many threads as they see fit why is that a problem for you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Born Free wrote: »
    To be fair its not for you to be judge and jury with what other opinions on this forum are like, anybody can post as many threads as they see fit why is that a problem for you?
    It's not
    the thing thats the problem for me is when People just slate something all the time simply becuase they don't like it.
    Most threads and posts over the past few weeks have been by posters that has just joined and most are now inactive
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    EE is crap at the moment.

Too many common-as-muck slags shouting at each other in the street.
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Childish Thread alert.