Cant find Ice Cream lock screen settings

scott26985scott26985 Posts: 1,012
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi,

I cant find the lock screen option on my new Flytouch tablet running 4.04.

Its suposted to be Settings > Security > Screen lock but the tablet doesnt have this. Im confused. Only settings under security is:

Make Passwords visible
Divice administrators
Unknown sources
Trusted credentials
install from SD card
Clear credentials (grayed out)

No settings for the lock screen.

Comments

• pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should indeed be there. Stupid question perhaps but are you sure you've scrolled all the way up to the top? That's where it is on my tablet: the top of the Security page.

If you have, check to see if it's been moved under Settings > Display. Failing that I'd give your tablet a reboot and if that still doesn't work then it might be that that particular option has been removed on that tablet (though it seems an odd thing to take out).
  • gem123gem123 Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    hi ya,
    I have checked my sumvision tablet...which i gather is the same as flytouch....mine has ics 4 and as you say the setting for lock screen are supposed to be in settings/security.....but will say make sure you scroll to top off menu as when i go into menus I always have scroll down a bit....other than that try pressing reset button on side ...may be a system has'nt loaded properly....reset might fix. failing that you might hav to do a factory reset....but thats a last resort as wou will have to set everything up again.

Ps if you need to get into reset mode Hold menu button as you switch on. Start button and menu together the release start button.

hope you get it sorted.....
    geoff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi Scott,

I was just wondering if you had ever found a solution to this ? I have a Flytouch with Android 4.04 too and have the exact same menus as you. I've scrolled up and down on every single menu but still can't find any option to lock the screen.

I've had a quick look to see if there are any apps that will do it but a lot of them seem to use the already existing locking feature on some android phones and tablets but as the Flytouch doesn't seem to have any, I'm a bit stuck.

I'd be very grateful for any ideas you have.