Paying Jo and Danielle

Emma-in-HantsEmma-in-Hants Posts: 279
Forum Member
I may not watch the CBB as much as some, but I'm a little confused over something.

I read in another thread that many of you think Jo is "participating" just for the money.

Now, I am sure I read that Jade's fee (rightly) is going to charity.

I naturally assumed (wrongly?) that Jo and Danielle are doing the same with their fee.

Surely they won't accept money for their part in the bullying etc???

Or am I very naive?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I think it will all depend on how they are received when they come out. Although I'm sure that's quite clear to most of us!

It certainly won't do them any favours if they don't. They took a large part in the bullying and the perceived racism, so should share equal blame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Personally I think they should be forced to donate their appearance fees to charity by Channel 4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    How much do these wing wangs actually get paid, does anyone know?
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think both of them would need the money more than Jade does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 490
    Forum Member

Especially when Danielle finds out she's homeless coz Ted's changed the locks! :D
  • p1xiep1xie Posts: 2,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they have accepted that they were bullying yet!

They are obviously aware that there was a fuss before Jade was evicted and there was racism involved, but they don't know that they were implicated or that we've all been talking about them - though there are signs that both Danielle and Jo are feeling a bit nervous...

I would think when they come out and are confronted with it - someone will 'advise' them to donate their fees too.
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Jade's was going to charity before the racist stuff started - it was the start of her pr campaign that did that I think.

On the subject of charity - much respect to Ian for his treat money to go to his charity rather than to treat himself with something - the only one to do so too.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're both going to come down to earth with a big bump. Danielle thinks she's going to come out famous and rake in loads of money from paper and mag deals. And Jo thinks her appearance will kick start her solo singing career. In fact, apart from maybe one exclusive each, they are likely to be vilified on all sides, particularly as they don't have the earning potential of Jade.
  • gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member

So :confused: Jade has given a lot to charity, these two cannot be seen to be making money out of something that offended so many people and has almost ruined Jade IMO
  • gertiegertie Posts: 5,906
    Forum Member
    fredsnail wrote:
    I don't think Jade's was going to charity before the racist stuff started - it was the start of her pr campaign that did that I think.

On the subject of charity - much respect to Ian for his treat money to go to his charity rather than to treat himself with something - the only one to do so too.

What a creep :rolleyes: It was a nice thing to do but honestly did he do it for the right reasons?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or am I very naive?

You're very naive.

Right now they don't have any idea about what is going on and I am certain Jade Goody would never have given her fee to charity had there not been such a fuss and todo. So they probably are planning what to do with the cash. Whether they change their plans after leaving, remains to be seen.

These people are giving up three weeks of their time, they should expect to be paid. I wouldn't come into the office for three weeks for nothing.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredsnail wrote:

Respect to Ian, but that guy really does want to win doesn't he. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Especially when Danielle finds out she's homeless coz Ted's changed the locks! :D
    I haven't seen anything more about their breakup.
    Has anyone else here?
    Danielle gave herself away during the comedy sketch when the first line was..."I want to bag meself a footballer!"
    And as for her DR entry last night "I Came her for people to see what I am really like and I hope I have done that"

You sure have Danielle...you sure have!!
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gertie wrote:
    What a creep :rolleyes: It was a nice thing to do but honestly did he do it for the right reasons?

How cynical!

Does it matter? Even if he did have it in the back of his mind that it would make him look good. He's still done it, the charity still benefits more than if he hadn't.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo's company owes 35 grand ,I believe.
    Forum Member
    Respect to Ian, but that guy really does want to win doesn't he. :D
    YEah but £10 is only a token.
    Lets see what he does with his big fee!

His mates and ex-step members have been saying he isn't being himself.
    But he has been on reality shows before and I bet he has done his homework on this one.
    It is giving him a chance to showcase his acting!
    Forum Member
    Jo's company owes 35 grand ,I believe.
    what kind of dogs does she breed?
    I wonder if she looks like her pets?
    Forum Member
    I think in an early article it said Jo was getting £50.000, but I think elsewhere it said Jo was getting £100.000.

She got around £690.000 from S Club and I think £250.000 from being on Just The Two of Us last year. She seems to have lost a fair bit somewhere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jo and Danielle don't have a powerful PR/management campaign behind them like Jade as there is not as much money at stake. My guess is that they'll both keep their fees, but make a 'substantial undisclosed donation' to charidee.

Afterall, they'll both be needing the money. Unlike Jade, they won't get the same air time to repent, cry and defend themselves. Plus, I really can't see Jo defending herself to the nation anyway.

Unless, Bush plans to invade Iran over the coming weeks, Jo and Danielle will be slaughtered in the press and never heard of again. They better keep their money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    noyt wrote:
    I think in an early article it said Jo was getting £50.000, but I think elsewhere it said Jo was getting £100.000.

She got around £690.000 from S Club and I think £250.000 from being on Just The Two of Us last year. She seems to have lost a fair bit somewhere.

noyt, where did you get the info. on the S Club figures? I remember hearing something about the group being on a salary and never making big bucks. Or am I getting mixed up with another pop group from that era?
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noyt, where did you get the info. on the S Club figures? I remember hearing something about the group being on a salary and never making big bucks. Or am I getting mixed up with another pop group from that era?

I heard that,too.......
  • The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, Jo will be as sick as a parrot if she has done it for the money and is then pressured to give it all to charity. All that time wasted being vertical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard that,too.......
    Most people managed by things like Simon Fuller only ever make money from PRS for radio and tv play where they get their money direct from the organisdation, assuming they had a hand in writing the songs.
  • sjoscinevsjoscinev Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I may not watch the CBB as much as some, but I'm a little confused over something.

I read in another thread that many of you think Jo is "participating" just for the money.

I heard Jo's sister on the radio saying that Jo needed the money and that was her only reason for doing it - she also confirmed Jodie Marsh's comment that Jo was terrified of Jade Goody
    Forum Member

They were published in the media because Hannah made a bit of a fuss over what the group got paid. For the first few years they were only on £90.000 a year, then after one of them left that was doubled and the figure reached was £690.000 - the S Club brand had made over £50 million (with Fuller adding £10 million to his personal fortune). He used part of the S Club income to launch Popworld. So he totally ripped them off, but there wasn't much they could do because they had signed contracts. These figures were mentioned in most newspapers at around the time S Club split up.

Truth is he picked a bunch of naive kids seeking fame who were easy to confuse with all sorts of talk about costs etc. But I think I should add that it couldn't have bothered Jo much because she signed a solo contract with Fuller, but I think he dropped her after a year (she released no solo material under his guidance).