Options

Can i downgrade?

bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I had my virgin m+/broadband/phone installed about a month ago.I had a letter saying the price was going up next year by a few pounds.
I currently get it for £26 for 6 months instead of around £40.
Can i downgrade any time to the lowest tv package?
Also would i be able to downgrade to just the broadband?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Ring them and take the option "Thinking of Leaving" I'm sure they will offer you a deal.
  • Options
    bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks but i'm already on a deal,just want to know if you can downgrade whilst in a contract.
    anyone?
  • Options
    DonkeyDonkey Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bronson wrote: »
    Thanks but i'm already on a deal,just want to know if you can downgrade whilst in a contract.
    anyone?

I asked this question and was told that I could downgrade any service but not cancel it altogether.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donkey wrote: »
    I asked this question and was told that I could downgrade any service but not cancel it altogether.

Then you were told wrong, according to their t&c's, if they raise their prices, you have 30 days to cancel your services from the date they notify you.
  • Options
    Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My understanding is that you have to stay at least at the starting level for each service during the minimum contract period.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ernie_C wrote: »
    My understanding is that you have to stay at least at the starting level for each service during the minimum contract period.

From various other threads, you have the option of cancelling due to price increase.

I would also add that my mate downgraded his internet from 100mb to 60mb after recent double speed and he was within the contract period. He went through retentions to do this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I've just spoken with retentions and bizarrely I've been told that if I choose to leave as a result of the upcoming price rise I have to terminate all services :eek: My plan had been to ditch the TV and downgrade both BB and phone but I was told that if I did this I'd be stung with disconnection charges. WTF!

Can anyone advise whether the nice young lady that I was speaking to was being completely truthful or whether she might have been stretching a point.

Seems crass to me that they'd rather lose me altogether than allow me to cancel only one service. :confused:

She did offer that I could downgrade all 3 services. TV to M, BB to 60MB and phone to XL and that'd cost 41.90 per month.......thinking about that now.
  • Options
    Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cancel all your services then reorder online the services you want.