Options

Alisha's Attic

SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
Forum Member
I bought their entire back catalogue yesterday. I can't understand why they weren't bigger. Alisha Rules the World, Indestructible, The Incidentals, It's Not Your Fault, Sweet Escape, Free, Air We Breathe, When You Coming Home, and Push It All Aside are my favourite tracks. I wasn't aware that Karen went on to write big hits for Kylie and Sugababes.

Does anyone else like Alisha's Attic?

Comments

• Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SpaceCake wrote: »
    I bought their entire back catalogue yesterday. I can't understand why they weren't bigger. Alisha Rules the World, Indestructible, The Incidentals, It's Not Your Fault, Sweet Escape, Free, Air We Breathe, When You Coming Home, and Push It All Aside are my favourite tracks. I wasn't aware that Karen went on to write big hits for Kylie and Sugababes.

Does anyone else like Alisha's Attic?

Loved them from back in the day as not only did they provide something fresh, but also Karen Poole came from my hometown. I cannot believe that "I am, I Feel", will be 20 years old next year, yet whenever I hear it, it still sounds fresh & a true joy to listen to. :)
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wish I Were You from the Illumina album is perhaps my favourite song by them. I remember hearing it for the first time in 1998 and was just hooked. Something about that song just makes me feel all fuzzy inside :) Barbarella was really catchy too.

I think Pretender Got My Heart was on the Bridget Jones soundtrack.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    Great Pop Act, Great songwriting. Good albums. Underrated.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I got one album. I thoughts they were kind of weird and quirky.

The Incidentals is my favourite of theirs (played it live a few times) but also like Resistor, Going Down and a really strange one is Me & the Dolphins.
  • Options
    MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved them from back in the day as not only did they provide something fresh, but also Karen Poole came from my hometown. I cannot believe that "I am, I Feel", will be 20 years old next year, yet whenever I hear it, it still sounds fresh & a true joy to listen to. :)

:o That song will be 20 next year?! I feel so old! I love Alisha's Attic. Discovered them at my dentist. I'm a nervous patient & he used to play them
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    Alisha's Attic are Brian Poole's daughters!

Brian Poole being Brian Poole of "Brian Poole and the Tremeloes"
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "...like breathing on the back of my neck and making me feel weak inside"
  • Options
    starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    I am... I feel

I remember that track!
  • Options
    SpaceCakeSpaceCake Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    It's great to see a few AA admirers. I love the artwork during the Alisha Rules the World era. They were very kooky, quirky and cool. It's a shame that most of their music videos aren't on YouTube.

I want to add these to my original list of favourite tracks:

Karmically Close
    Are You Jealous
    Resistor
    Drunken and Tearful - very Alanis Morissette
    She Ain't Missing You
    Stone in My Shoe

...all brilliant.
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know so much of their stuff but I used to play Pretender got my heart a lot! I always really loved that song!