Hollande MUST RESIGN!

2»

Comments

• thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    He clearly has lost a grip on the situation, but if he leaves office, that would only benefit the attackers, there is an election next year, I think Front National will do well.

No reason to believe he's lost his grip either. You can only watch who you believe to eb a terrorist, and no state has had the resources to follow all potential terrorists. France has a lot of unkown potential terrorists, and too many returned fighters from Syria to follow , And France has deployed far more massive armed resources to react to the unknown than the UK has - by factor of about 60.

The far right has ite usual racist answer, that even Le Penne can't say any more, but no civilised state is going to follow that .
  • IddaIdda Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good news is Le Pen will never be President of France.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Idda wrote: »

I sincerely hope you're right - I never thought we'd vote to leave the EU - it was unthinkable to me. I have French friends - they are dreadfully concerned at the rise of the far Right in France - I think incidents/attacks such as this just makes the shift more likely.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No leadership

Blair puts them to Shame
  • ArtfulDodger_ArtfulDodger_ Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No reason to believe he's lost his grip either. You can only watch who you believe to eb a terrorist, and no state has had the resources to follow all potential terrorists. France has a lot of unkown potential terrorists, and too many returned fighters from Syria to follow , And France has deployed far more massive armed resources to react to the unknown than the UK has - by factor of about 60.

The far right has ite usual racist answer, that even Le Penne can't say any more, but no civilised state is going to follow that .

His government has admitted multiple intelligence failure. Again and again.
  • njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    They do need dealing with, but this is clearly not a simple matter. What do you suggest?
    The OP normally suggests Donald Trump. He makes things great again.
  • ArtfulDodger_ArtfulDodger_ Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She does not need to be. Nigel Farage (I'm not comparing them at all!) is not the PM, but has changed the face of the UK and removed many from their positions.

Le Pen will be biting at the feet of the French government.
    Forum Member
    I see this morning that La Monde is demanding that Hollande orders the rounding up of any Islamic/ISIS sympathisers , intern them and then deports them back to their country of origin.

I have to say I have a certain amount of sympathy for this action.

When I see the pic of that child with her doll lying beside her covered dead body I would do more than round them up, basta^ds

.What on earth is an islamic sympathiser - in English, it just means all moslems.

And the whole problem is that you don't know who most terrorists are. You can't lock up people on the off chance they might be terrorists. Its pointless, and just makes more people upset with the state.

Internment has never worked . It failed for South Africa, it failed against the IRA, and just made the problem worse. it failed in the Soviet Union . It was unecessary against Japanese Americans.

There is no alternative to determined intelligence work, defensive measures, and quick armed police responses . The silly alternative is the sort of stupid, racist nonsense people like Trump come up with - stopping anyone who might be a terrorist from entering - which ends up by excluding everyone who might possibly be a moslem - which just leaves the terrorists denying they are either . And, then, the far right end up going even further than Trump - and use it as a new excuse to call for throwing whole groups of their legal, lawabiding ,fellow citizens, out of the country.
    Forum Member
    His government has admitted multiple intelligence failure. Again and again.

Nature of the beast. So has the US, So has Russia, Canada, India, Pakistan, Australia, Egypt, Algeria, Israel ........ .

There is no intelligence on the true lone terrorist, you have to identify terrorists by linkeages - if there are none, you have nothing. and you ,by definition, may have too little on the person on the fringes. Israel has Hamas, and the Palestinian terrorist organiations thoroughly penetrated , but has had 40 of these solo ramming attacks - involving everything from lorries and bulldozers to cars. They just have had more luck, and have enough armed people to kill the terrorists faster.

We are lucky here in that we have more experience, fewer potential terrorists, more successful minorities, less arms lying around, less porous borders, and smaller haystacks for terrorists to hide in. Plus we have just been extremely lucky .
  • Sultan TigerSultan Tiger Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if enough countries illuminate the French flag on their local council buildings this week, Hollande may feel he has turned disaster in to a success.

On a serious note, he is an idealist and toothless against an abhorrent ideology that unfortunately has a lot of sympathy in France.
  • GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Absolutely useless piece of shit. One of the worst leaders in the French Republics history. Napoleon would be rolling in his grave that this bastard is leading the French people right now.

Paris, Charlie Hebdo and Nice attacks, he should hang his head in shame and resign right now. No leadership at all and allows those French Muslim ghettos to exist. Get rid of them you absolute idiot.

Disgraceful far Right rant.
  • Sultan TigerSultan Tiger Posts: 1,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should have heard the disgraceful citizens of Nice boo Hollande.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP is a little harsh.

But I have to admit that I did think to myself this morning "He doesn't seem to be getting to grip with the problem. Calling a national state of emergency, every time there is a terrorist incident, might sound like something is happening but it doesn't seem to achieve much."

How on earth did a great big truck even get into such an area when it was going to be overwhelmed with large crowds?

I know they can't completely block off access, as I assume the need access for ambulances and the like, but you think the road might have been cordoned off with security on such an occasion.
  • lauranceallenlauranceallen Posts: 5,355
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Based on the latest polling Holland will only get 13.5 per cent - woeful.

The run off will almost certainly be between Juppe and Le Pen - with Juppe winning.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_French_presidential_election,_2017

Would not be surprised at all at a Le Pen win.....
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what do we do about these 'French Muslim ghettos' then? What is your solution?

OP, would you like to reply to this? Or do you have no more solutions than anyone else?
  • cmq2cmq2 Posts: 2,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    How on earth did a great big truck even get into such an area when it was going to be overwhelmed with large crowds?

I know they can't completely block off access, as I assume the need access for ambulances and the like, but you think the road might have been cordoned off with security on such an occasion.
    He parked up in the cordon a couple of hours before barriers closed the promenade to traffic. He told passing police he was storing ice cream for the local sellers.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Absolutely useless piece of shit. One of the worst leaders in the French Republics history. Napoleon would be rolling in his grave that this bastard is leading the French people right now.

Paris, Charlie Hebdo and Nice attacks, he should hang his head in shame and resign right now. No leadership at all and allows those French Muslim ghettos to exist. Get rid of them you absolute idiot.

The people to blame for the attacks are the people who carried them out , no amount of political idiocy or poverty makes anyone gun down, blow up or murder innocent people.