Options

The Walking Dead Season 7 - theories (May Contain Spoilers to Comics)

Well, with Comic Con starting this weekend and the publicity machine beginning to crank up, I thought I would start this thread to discuss what we think season 7, may bring. More specifically, who is going to feel the wrath of Lucille?

Post Spoilers to comics in spoiler tags.

Now we know that one of the characters is going to perish in the opening episode of season 7 and that the showrunners keep saying that it will change the show dramatically. I have done a bit of digging and the comic cannon for Negan states
Negan does not kill women or children. Or at least that is what I have read

So say that the showrunners diverge from the comic and
Glenn doesn't die as he does in the comics

Instead they take a sharp left and actually kill off
Maggie or even Michonne?

I am in no way advocating that this should be the case and think it could mean that it turns Negan from someone who we may not fully empathise with if the show continued along the main beats of the comic. I just get this awful feeling that in order to really shock, the show runners may go down this route.

I have my own theories on who I think it should be to change the core fundamentals of the show without resorting to the above.

Comments

• Options
    OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's Glenn.

The show really needs to work towards an endgame now. Most people are bored with revolving door of villains and groups and we need to start seeing either a positive ending i.e Walkers dying by themselves or a Militia re-taking the country after developing a cure.

Maybe they find Alexandria and start vaccinating people?

If it's going to be a negative, then start killing off the regular cast until we end up with a Rick killing Judith and then putting a gun to his end.
  • Options
    Doctor_DonnaDoctor_Donna Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the shocker will be its actually 2 deaths.
    I doubt they will change the iconic comic death to someone else, so

Glen

and
    Abraham

is my theory
  • Options
    OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you've read the latest comic issue then you'll know that Negan does kill women
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    if you've read the latest comic issue then you'll know that Negan does kill women
    The tv show differs from the comics though, so what may reign true in the comics doesn't necessarily mean to reign true in the tv show.

I suspect it'll be Abraham. Whoever it is that is struck gets back up (we see this from the point of view of the camera). Abraham is really the only tough mofo that's likely to get back up after a hit to the head.

...unless they really spin it and kill off Rick.
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    The tv show differs from the comics though, so what may reign true in the comics doesn't necessarily mean to reign true in the tv show.

I suspect it'll be Abraham. Whoever it is that is struck gets back up (we see this from the point of view of the camera). Abraham is really the only tough mofo that's likely to get back up after a hit to the head.

...unless they really spin it and kill off Rick.

BIB will never happen.

Cant see them going off from the comic.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    grilli wrote: »
    Cant see them going off from the comic.
    But they already have.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did not know that. That does open up some options

Glen

and
    Abraham

is my theory

Ooh that would be a good twist
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is interesting ..
    The Walking Dead's Negan cliffhanger reveal will change the show forever, says Greg Nicotero

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-walking-dead/news/a798649/the-walking-deads-negan-cliffhanger-reveal-will-change-the-show-forever-says-greg-nicotero/

Especially this part .. which, obviously, could be a double bluff I suppose ..
    Don't necessarily expect the aftermath of Negan's brutal assault to play out exactly as it did in the original comics either...

"I don't think we would be doing the material justice if we just regurgitated it word for word," Nicotero said.

"There are iconic moments, and there are things that we will pay tribute to, and even if we don't do it exactly the same way that we find it in the comic book, we will find a way for fans of the graphic novel to feel like they are getting their money's worth."

"Change the show forever" could certainly suggest one of the 'senior' characters I suppose.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did read somewhere that Nicotero said Rick would be killed off before TWD finished so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he gets it now.

I still think its Abraham though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For some reason, I had thought it would be Daryl. It would be a very brave move since Daryl is a fan favourite. However, I just don't know where the character could go. The last season there wasn't much character development and he never really did anything. At least, this was my opinion.

I'll be interested to see what comes out from the Comic Con panel... If anything
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glen

and
    Abraham

is my theory

You liar, that's not your theory at all, but the spoiler that is going around. I hate people like you, who read spoilers and try and pass them off as your theory, it's pathetic.
  • Options
    holymolybaloneyholymolybaloney Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    You liar, that's not your theory at all, but the spoiler that is going around. I hate people like you, who read spoilers and try and pass them off as your theory, it's pathetic.

Page 1 and the spoiler debate has begun!

To be fair if you hadn't said this I wouldn't have known that that was a spoiler that's going round so maybe you should have spoiler tagged yours?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

To be fair if you hadn't said this I wouldn't have known that that was a spoiler that's going round so maybe you should have spoiler tagged yours?

I didn't know it was a spoiler doing the rounds of the internet.

oh well!
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rumours mentioning those two were doing the rounds before the end of season 6. You'd have to have had no Internet access to not have seen them somewhere.
  • Options
    holymolybaloneyholymolybaloney Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    The rumours mentioning those two were doing the rounds before the end of season 6. You'd have to have had no Internet access to not have seen them somewhere.

Nope, sorry. I clearly have the internet and I've not read it.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's ok, even Chris Hardwicks Nerdist was reporting it so it's no doubt false anyway. No way is he going to risk his job over a real spoiler.
  • Options
    NeverlookbackNeverlookback Posts: 116
    Forum Member

Who was it? I heard it was a shocker!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »

Er excuse me, but when exactly did I claim I had come up with the theory myself? This is a thread about who was Lucilled. I have thought for a while there would be 2 deaths one a definate and one AN Other tbc. Its more a shock if there's 2 and adds another twist to the comic death.

I did then read said the theory I posted here on a website. I never said *I* came up with the theory myself. Its seems the most likely scenario to me based on which cast members have been/not been seen on set.

I hate people like you who hide behind your computer and pick fights with people who offer 'a theory' about a tv show. That's what's pathetic. FFS.
  • Options
    sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er excuse me, but when exactly did I claim I had come up with the theory myself? This is a thread about who was Lucilled. I have thought for a while there would be 2 deaths one a definate and one AN Other tbc. Its more a shock if there's 2 and adds another twist to the comic death.

I did then read said the theory I posted here on a website. I never said *I* came up with the theory myself. Its seems the most likely scenario to me based on which cast members have been/not been seen on set.

I hate people like you who hide behind your computer and pick fights with people who offer 'a theory' about a tv show. That's what's pathetic. FFS.

Well, to be fair, this part of the post could be construed as that :p
    is my theory
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, to be fair, this part of the post could be construed as that :p

Ok, I mosy sincerely and humbly apologise and would like to offically state for the record.... It was not a theory I originated myself, merely one I think is likely in my opinion having seen thoughts on other sites.

Meanwhile back in the real world I have a theory it may rain, I have however seen a weather forecast that states this, so would like to point out this theory is not one I have come up with on my own.
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its here

TWD Season 7 Trailer

Be warned it contains spoilers !
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was it? I heard it was a shocker!
    Alpha leader of the Whisperers. Beta will now likely take over and lead the Whisperers into the Whisperer War.
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    My theory. Pretty straightforward.
    I think it's Abraham and will play out as follows. Back to Negan pointing the bat at each in turn. As he goes through the rhyme all of them are cowed except Abraham who is eyeballing him. Both us and Negan realise the rhyme is ending on Glenn and we think it's following the comic but Negan changes the order a bit and makes it end on Abraham, deciding to get rid of the one who looks like they might be trouble, beats the holy hell out of him, and any others who complain are held back and threatened with the same. They are later let go and told to give over half their resources and are so broken they comply - at least initially.

And my outsider, bonkers second choice bet.
    Rick.
  • Options
    MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    But they already have.

I've read some of the comics and the main differences seem to be:

Rick has only got one hand.

Carol is dead but her daughter Sophia is alive.

Andrea is still alive.

No Morgan.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excelents wrote: »
    Be warned it contains spoilers !

No really spoilers IMO, just previews. It reveals nothing about the group captured by Negan, so in that respect, it's probably safe to watch.