Options

Nicola Sturgeons Programme for Government

2»

Comments

• Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Will she be giving the rest of Scotland the opportunity to vote on breaking away from Glasgow .........................?
  • Options
    The infidelThe infidel Posts: 3,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sturgeon and Swinney complaining about the agreement, but why did they agree to it if they didnt understand what was being discussed or agree with it ?
  • Options
    LenkaLenka Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sturgeon and Swinney complaining about the agreement, but why did they agree to it if they didnt understand what was being discussed or agree with it ?

Was Swinney the woman on Daily Politics today, if she was then Andrew Neil sorted her out didn't he. Although her comprehension of the facts was tenuous so if she is negotiating then god help Scotland.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,592
    Forum Member
    Lenka wrote: »
    Was Swinney the woman on Daily Politics today, if she was then Andrew Neil sorted her out didn't he. Although her comprehension of the facts was tenuous so if she is negotiating then god help Scotland.

NO that was Linda and bloody hell I have forgotten her surname but it is Italian.
  • Options
    Forum Member

God you two don't half moan. They are saying that it does not have everything in it they wanted but it was a negotiation and that is what happens. You do not get everything but no harm in saying that. Anyway there is a bit to go before it becomes law and a lot could change come the GE.
  • Options
    LenkaLenka Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    NO that was Linda and bloody hell I have forgotten her surname but it is Italian.

:D:D:D:D:o:D

Well that shows what a great impression she made. She reminded me of the Plaid Cymri woman last week who insisted that she wanted total devolution for Wales but she wanted England to give Wales the £10k per person the same as Scotland, when told that if Wales is independent they have to make their own money through taxation, she blinked then went on about how she would not rest till England gave parity to Wales same as Scotland.

Stupifying
  • Options
    Forum Member

Linda Fabiani MSP
  • Options
    The infidelThe infidel Posts: 3,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its going to be very amusing watching Sturgeon squirm now that she can no longer give the default 'not my fault, blame Westminster' answer to the awkward questions.
  • Options
    Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God you two don't half moan. They are saying that it does not have everything in it they wanted but it was a negotiation and that is what happens. You do not get everything but no harm in saying that. Anyway there is a bit to go before it becomes law and a lot could change come the GE.

It was interesting to see FM questions yesterday and the differing attitudes of the various ladies involved.

While sturgeon banged on about it not being enough and the people will revolt at the GE etc Davidson pointed out the fact that Scotland will now have more devolved power than most countries in the world.

It was interesting to see Ruth Davidson own the FM who was obviously rattled by her. It's a pity she is a tory as I think she would be pretty much leader of any other party too.
  • Options
    Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenka wrote: »

Oh dear god! Not unless the finance minister has had a sex change and is no longer called John!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its going to be very amusing watching Sturgeon squirm now that she can no longer give the default 'not my fault, blame Westminster' answer to the awkward questions.

What does she have to squirm about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was interesting to see FM questions yesterday and the differing attitudes of the various ladies involved.

While sturgeon banged on about it not being enough and the people will revolt at the GE etc Davidson pointed out the fact that Scotland will now have more devolved power than most countries in the world.

It was interesting to see Ruth Davidson own the FM who was obviously rattled by her. It's a pity she is a tory as I think she would be pretty much leader of any other party too.

Half the countries she mentioned are in fact independent so I failed understand the devolved powers argument.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What does she have to squirm about?

Hope you don't expect a sensible reply from one of the resident trolls Angels. That poster comes on and spouts whatever is in his head at the time. The user name is a giveaway to what we have here.
  • Options
    Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half the countries she mentioned are in fact independent so I failed understand the devolved powers argument.

I think she was talking about the amount of devolved powers within those countries. There are many states around the world made up of unions of other states. Scotland does not occupy a unique position.