The Oscars TV Coverage

munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi, does anyone know if it's being televised live in the UK? If so, which channel is it on?

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, does anyone know if it's being televised live in the UK? If so, which channel is it on?

Usually on Sky Movies with Sky News and BBC News channel doing the red carpet door-steps.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oscars ceremony exclusively on Sky Movies Oscars (rebranded Sky Movies Showcase) with the red carpet being shown on Sky Living

Oscar Night - Sunday 24 February

Here's the running order for Oscar night on Sky Movies Oscars / HD.

5pm Hugo
    7.15pm Oscars Nominations Special
    7.30pm The Descendants
    9.30pm The Artist
    11.15pm Oscars Nominations Special
    11.30pm Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Live (also on Sky Living / HD)
    1.30am The 85th Annual Academy Awards® Live
    5am Lincoln: Sky Movies Special
    5.30am Les Miserables Special
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    any highlights on terrestrial?
  • ellie-wellieellie-wellie Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »

Sky Living is showing Oscar highlights on Monday night, otherwise there's just a half-hour special, BBC News Special: Oscars 2013, on Monday morning at 9.30am.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Good News - No Winkleman on Sky coverage. YAY!!!
    Bad News - Alex Zane instead. Oh well, could be worse. (See above :p)
  • ellie-wellieellie-wellie Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Good News - No Winkleman on Sky coverage. YAY!!!
    Bad News - Alex Zane instead. Oh well, could be worse. (See above :p)

Hopefully the studio guests will be decent. I know that I'll be staying up to watch it, and at the end of the marathon I'll wonder if it was worth it, and the next day I'll regret it. I do the same every year.
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    11.30pm Oscars 2013 Red Carpet Live (also on Sky Living / HD)
    There's also a 2-hr red carpet on E! at 11pm, if you can put up with the glam/fashion babble. I usually record both the British (Sky) and American (E!) red carpet interviews.
    diary_room wrote: »
    Sky has exclusive rights to the Oscars, so no. The news bulletins will cover the major winners of course.

In addition to what's already been said, there's a 2-hr Oscars preview show on BBC Radio Five Live at 9pm tonight.
    I know that I'll be staying up to watch it, and at the end of the marathon I'll wonder if it was worth it, and the next day I'll regret it. I do the same every year.
    You too, huh? This'll be my 20th year of doing it (aside from the odd year or two where it wasn't in full/live), and the first year I'm seriously thinking about not doing it. Getting old and tired LOL.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can we watch the "E" show if we don't have sky?
  • mizfiestamizfiesta Posts: 163
    Forum Member

Yup I also don't have Sky so looks like I'll miss out to :sleep:
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna try and stay up and watch. I've been doing it for years, the times I've regretted staying up to watch the most predictable awards show I can't tell you. Things I'm looking forward to this year, Seth McFarland he's a top singer and very funny :)so I've got high hopes. Also Adele singing Skyfall. Both James Bond tribute and Les Mis cast singing.
    Fingers crossed for Argo. I really enjoyed it both thrilling and funny. Pity Ben Affleck didn't get a best director nod.:confused:
    Off for a kip now so I can stay up tonight!:D
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    I'm gonna try and stay up and watch. I've been doing it for years, the times I've regretted staying up to watch the most predictable awards show I can't tell you. Things I'm looking forward to this year, Seth McFarland he's a top singer and very funny :)so I've got high hopes. Also Adele singing Skyfall. Both James Bond tribute and Les Mis cast singing.
    Fingers crossed for Argo. I really enjoyed it both thrilling and funny. Pity Ben Affleck didn't get a best director nod.:confused:
    Off for a kip now so I can stay up tonight!:D

Well at least this year there are a few unpredictable categories like Supporting Actor, Actress and Director, so I think it'll be worth it to stay up for those! And there seems to be a lot to enjoy this year such as the musical performances. I also like Seth MacFarlane so it could be a potentially great ceremony. Billy Crystal was really disappointing last year, which was a shame because he's an iconic host.
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am so darn annoyed that I have to subscribe to a channel to watch an awards show that I got to see every year in Australia as it is free-to-air down under. I don't subscribe to SKY anything. Haven't seen the Oscars since 2001. Just because Murdoch buys up everything he can get his greedy hands on. I mean, we people support the film industry, we go see the movies and pay the outrageous cinema prices and yet we have to PAY to see the award ceremony:mad:

And the edited-to-death 'highlights' show we do get only gives you the crumbs of the whole thing, bah humbug.
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Have you considered watching a livestream?
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E! is on Virgin, as well as Sky. Or you could try eonline.com - they usually have a live stream of it online too. Oh, and it appears to be a 3hr show starting at 10.30pm now.
  • StigidStigid Posts: 2,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've already posted elsewhere, but may be of interest...

http://watch-oscar-online.com/
    (May not work in the UK)

SKY Living (HD) Monday 25th at 10pm...

A round-up of the winners and their acceptance speeches at the 85th Academy Awards, which were presented by Seth MacFarlane at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.

The programme includes Adele's first public performance of Skyfall, which was nominated in the Best Original Song category, and captures the mood of the ceremony as some of the film industry's biggest names collect their prestigious statuettes.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    Apparently if you sign up to Sky's NOW TV service www.nowtv.com you will be able to watch the awards ceremony tonight. It's a 30 day free trial so won't cost you a penny and you can watch the awards for free! :)
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    Does the Oscars start later than it used to? I'm sure it started at about midnight, or 12.30am at the latest back when it was shown on the BBC.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Has anybody got a live link for this that will work when it starts ?
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this is the second Oscar thread as well as the one over on the US shows forum.

We just need on started on the Movies forum now for everyone to be completely lost and all over the place. :rolleyes:

Just for once in the whole of existence can't people search and have just one thread for everyone?
  • Madmissi12Madmissi12 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    So this is the second Oscar thread as well as the one over on the US shows forum.

We just need on started on the Movies forum now for everyone to be completely lost and all over the place. :rolleyes:

Just for once in the whole of existence can't people search and have just one thread for everyone?

Well this one was started three days ago so I would say the one on the US shows forum is the second thread :D I know what you mean though, especially in the same forum when the original thread is at the top of the page and someone creates a new one :eek:
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That staple of the Oscars -- awkward time-filling pre-carpet chat with random folk you've never heard of: http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/livevideo?id=8990154
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember they used to show the Oscars live on BBC about 10 years ago.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I remember they used to show the Oscars live on BBC about 10 years ago.

Them were the days. :(

Edit: E! stream --> http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=9557
  • Yasmin26Yasmin26 Posts: 3,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Them were the days. :(

Edit: E! stream --> http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=9557

Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    So there is definitely no coverage on Freeview then?