Options

Greggs: More than meats the pie - Monday 9pm Sky 1

Comments

• Options
    NickLangleyNickLangley Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will the Stobart's truck get to Gregg's shop in time to make that vital delivery of sausage rolls?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will the Stobart's truck get to Gregg's shop in time to make that vital delivery of sausage rolls?:rolleyes:

Yes, but only after a HUGE amount of tension, and driving along a perilous street of parked cars. :D
  • Options
    Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonGirl wrote: »
    Aulds is a Scottish bakery chain.I take it you mustn't be from Scotland for not knowing the name. Do look out for a shop if you're ever north-of-the-border.

say aye to a pie!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought this was another horsemeat scandal for a minute.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    curvybabes wrote: »
    8 parts seems a lot when I read about it I thought it would be a one off, I,ll watch the 1st one see what its like and will have a greggs sausage roll in the oven .. ive learnt after watching the fried chicken shop i was starving ;)
    I saw the trailer and also thought it was a one off. Not sure how they can string it out to 8 episodes.

The Chicken Shop has been commisioned into a mini series though. There are 2 or 3 more being made.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I saw the trailer and also thought it was a one off. Not sure how they can string it out to 8 episodes.

The Chicken Shop has been commisioned into a mini series though. There are 2 or 3 more being made.

I read that too I liked the fried chicken shop i,ll be watching that too
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember in the 1970's when it was Greggs of Rutherglen( suburb of Glasgow) a small local bakers and they only had a handful of shops, changed days
  • Options
    C HorseC Horse Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greggs of Rutherglen?

Interesting idea ... but you might want to get some facts right!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greggs is bloody useless. I went in there one day asked for a cheese and ham sandwich and they said they couldnt do it.

I said do you have ham and they said yes, do you have cheese and they said yes so I said why cant you do it? They said their isnt a set price for it only the single ones. Talk about being awkward.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Greggs is bloody useless. I went in there one day asked for a cheese and ham sandwich and they said they couldnt do it.

I said do you have ham and they said yes, do you have cheese and they said yes so I said why cant you do it? They said their isnt a set price for it only the single ones. Talk about being awkward.

The Monty Python Spam sketch springs to mind. :D:D
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    I wish we had a Greggs here or a mcdonald's, k f c, subways were I live we only no takes like them ,but we have a pizza man, lee garden,vouyon but they open about 5pm ,
  • Options
    ramraiderukramraideruk Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks that this is really scraping the bottom of the barrel? How desperate can they be to fill some screen time?
  • Options
    fairy_fairy_ Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read a review in the paper earlier that suggested this was going to depict Greggs as somewhere that has laughed in the face of the downturn and is still thriving on the high street, however I read on the BBC site this morning that they've issued a profit warning so not sure about the timing of this one...
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    fairy_ wrote: »
    I read a review in the paper earlier that suggested this was going to depict Greggs as somewhere that has laughed in the face of the downturn and is still thriving on the high street, however I read on the BBC site this morning that they've issued a profit warning so not sure about the timing of this one...
    Lol. That is most unfortunate.

Good to see Sky are investing more of their subscribers' hard earned in quality programming.
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can imagine it now —

Will the sausage rolls bake in time the shop opens.
    Will the icing set on the iced buns.
    Will they get a delivery of flour on time.
    Will the meat arrive for the pies on time.
    A power cut will it ruin the cakes in the oven or will they survive.
    Two workers call in sick can the manage.
    Public Health inspection due, everyone on tenterhooks, panic sets in, but no worries really as this is Greggs, they will sail through any inspection but let's add a bit of drama all the same:D

Whatever happens like just about every other reality documentary these days it will be staged and bigged up big time.

They did with The Eddie Stobart programmes, after all a trip from Birmingham to Aberdeen is so mundane without the motorway being closed and the delivery running 2 hours late but making the delivery with 1.25 minutes to spare
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why put it on a channel where only a couple of thousand people will see it? They should have put it on a proper channel like Channel 4 where a couple of million would see it.
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Well, it's got a decent pun in the title.....
  • Options
    chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if they put more meat in the pies to start with !
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    Why put it on a channel where only a couple of thousand people will see it? They should have put it on a proper channel like Channel 4 where a couple of million would see it.
    Who's they? If Sky commisioned it and paid the production company then it's unlikely they'd hand it over to Channel 4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phwoar some lovely baps
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's basically 'Airline' with dodgy sausage rolls.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol at the guy slagging paul Hollywood off.
    Greggs make a lovely plain cupcake but the bread I find very stodgy
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know why they are bothering tarting up the shops when the food is generally low quality and uninspiring,
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to meet the 'characters' who work in Greggs. Well I say characters, more humourless morons pulling faces, mugging to the camera and saying things only they find funny, much like every other reality series.