Require help with southeastern train tickets

WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
Forum Member
I believe their isn't a ticket machine or booth operator at Aylesford station but I'll need to make journeys into Rochester, Kent next week. How do I go about getting return tickets if I can't purchase them there and then?

Many thanks.

The mixing deck application on the website isn't the best of tools to assist me.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've seen on trains, most people wait to have their ticket checked then buy one from the ticket attendant.

Or you could pay at your destination and explain there was no option to pay at the ticket station.
  • WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    From what I've seen on trains, most people wait to have their ticket checked then buy one from the ticket attendant.

Or you could pay at your destination and explain there was no option to pay at the ticket station.

Thanks. So I should just wait until a conductor comes round. My journey will be about an hour so will probably see one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep just wait til you see one. :)
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you can't buy a ticket at the station, either by a booth or machine, then you just pay for it on the train.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean by "next week"? if you mean the week commencing 30th June, can't you buy them online? Whenever I've bought rail tickets online they've arrived within a couple of days.
    Forum Member
    Tuesday
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't wait until a conductor comes around, I've seen someone do that before and they were accused of trying to avoid buying a ticket and fined. Find the conductor and ask them for a ticket.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    check at the station to see if they have a permit to travel machine, you put in a coin ( i.e 10p) it produces a ticket to prove what station you have travlled from.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..then you pay at your destination station. hope it helps
    Forum Member
    I see. Many thanks folks. I may take a photo of the train station frontage to prove that's where I got on from. Phone should show date and time of when I took the picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteShade wrote: »
    I see. Many thanks folks. I may take a photo of the train station frontage to prove that's where I got on from. Phone should show date and time of when I took the picture.

good idea, ive checked online that station does have one, on the north bound platform, word of advice, SE dont have conductors on the "slow trains" to buy tickets they now have rail police that randomly go on trains to check tickets, the permit to travel will be good enough if you dont have a ticket.