Options

Lauren's liver - 1st World problems

WhiteShadeWhiteShade Posts: 388
Forum Member
Abi gave Alfie & some randomer a (school stage acting)hard time for having a pint at lunch because Lauren MK II has overdone it with the EastEnders Digital Spy drinking games. Now Abi's dire birthday has ended up in the garage for a crappy cake.

Life's a bitch.

Comments

• Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    naked flame in a garage too, tut tut
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren is the poster girl for rebellious spoilt brats who ruin their own lives with alcohol and drugs. A true 1st world problem, I agree.

As for Abi, *sigh*
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Awww, you wasn't forced to watch EE again was you, I think you should call the police.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Lauren is the poster girl for rebellious spoilt brats who ruin their own lives with alcohol and drugs. A true 1st world problem, I agree.

As for Abi, *sigh*

No no no. The parents are always to blame and to be truthful Max and Tanya are possibly the worlds worst.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »
    No no no. The parents are always to blame and to be truthful Max and Tanya are possibly the worlds worst.

Max and Tanya are horrendous parents, and certainly contributed towards her love of drink, but I agree with TK - Lauren's spiral into alcoholism had a lot to do with her own desire to drink.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afraid so. My GF cooked us dinner and then wanted to watch this cods eyeballs.

The irony is that Alfie and randomner took her to the pub to chilax. Legend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scorpio2 wrote: »

Oh, I agree with you, Scorpio. Max and Tanya are two overgrown children at times (especially Max) and their destructive relationship has certainly effected both Lauren and Abi. But at the same time, Lauren has been a spoilt, immature brat in dealing with it. Abi might be younger than her, but she is years ahead of her in maturity and intelligence. She's good at blocking out Max and Tanya's destructive dramas by studying hard and going out with Jay and focusing on her own life. Lauren should've followed her example rather than gulping two gallons of alcohol down her throat on a 24/7 basis :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Max and Tanya are horrendous parents, and certainly contributed towards her love of drink, but I agree with TK - Lauren's spiral into alcoholism had a lot to do with her own desire to drink.

Indeed. Obviously we should sympathise with the fact that people deal with things in different ways, but Lauren is just a pain in the arse who makes problems for herself through stupidity and attention-seeking. She's always been rebellious and spoilt - the drinking is an extension of that. Personally, I think there's a deeper reason why she drinks. I don't think it's just because of her parents.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    Oh, I agree with you, Scorpio. Max and Tanya are two overgrown children at times (especially Max) and their destructive relationship has certainly affected both Lauren and Abi. But at the same time, Lauren has been a spoilt, immature brat in dealing with it. Abi might be younger than her, but she is years ahead of her in maturity and intelligence. She's good at blocking out Max and Tanya's destructive dramas by studying hard and going out with Jay and focusing on her own life. Lauren should've followed her example rather than gulping two gallons of alcohol down her throat on a 24/7 basis :D.

True. Abi sort of HAD to grow up anyway, what with her parents making a fuss over Lauren when they weren't yelling or trying to kill each other. Abi was sidelined and matured while her sister became a spoiled, attention-seeking brat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At least Tanya will know how to bury Lauren. Too soon?
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiteShade wrote: »

She isnt leaving but if she ever does they have this as back up
  • Options
    brewer480brewer480 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteShade wrote: »

Jesus I hope so!!! Eastenders do know how to drag out a problem!!! We've known that Laurens had a drinking problem for ages and they keep on going over the same story again and again. Today on the BBC we learnt that excessive drinking leads to Liver problems... Because we didn't know that before!!! I hope that she gets a quick rehab or just dies because I am so sick of the same story. To top it off both Lauren and Abi are AWFUL actresses, makes the whole thing unreal. At first I thought it was just the characters I didn't like but you just feel no emotion when you watch them go through their ups and downs, it just doesnt seam real. ESPECIALLY ABI, my god you just want to slap her! I have to sit through some more interesting cartoons with my nephiew than sitting through eastenders with my gf.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    I was just looking her up after reading 'Danny Miller Stalking Hell' would be nice to see her i just hope she has a good story and is not wasted.
  • Options
    wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    brewer480 wrote: »
    Jesus I hope so!!! Eastenders do know how to drag out a problem!!! We've known that Laurens had a drinking problem for ages and they keep on going over the same story again and again. Today on the BBC we learnt that excessive drinking leads to Liver problems... Because we didn't know that before!!! I hope that she gets a quick rehab or just dies because I am so sick of the same story. To top it off both Lauren and Abi are AWFUL actresses, makes the whole thing unreal. At first I thought it was just the characters I didn't like but you just feel no emotion when you watch them go through their ups and downs, it just doesnt seam real. ESPECIALLY ABI, my god you just want to slap her! I have to sit through some more interesting cartoons with my nephiew than sitting through eastenders with my gf.

I like Abi (always have) and think the actress who plays her does a good job. Really only dip in to Easties every now and again now, but still like her in the scenes that I do see her in.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would have been able to accept this story more if Whitney had developed it, she's been through so much and has never really spoke about it or appeared to go for much counselling so it would make sense to find another outlet.
  • Options
    Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would have been able to accept this story more if Whitney had developed it, she's been through so much and has never really spoke about it or appeared to go for much counselling so it would make sense to find another outlet.

I think you're right there. However I like Lauren and the acting by Jaq Jossa.
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, the problem with this SL is - I just don't care enough about Lauren to be bothered. :yawn:
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuddly_Cat wrote: »
    I think you're right there. However I like Lauren and the acting by Jaq Jossa.
    ewoodie wrote: »
    For me, the problem with this SL is - I just don't care enough about Lauren to be bothered. :yawn:

This for me!! and following on for the first quote as much as Jacqueline is great I don't find Lauren likeable at all to give a hoot about her drinking and liver damage.
  • Options
    alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    naked flame in a garage too, tut tut

All i could think of is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=150eYl8xKJ4

[Last post here is in the wrong thread]:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'api birfday Abi!

I like Lauren mark 2, always have. Abi I go back and forth on, sometimes even within an episode, at the moment its pretty much loathe. She is just too goonish for me, either laughs through her sentences in some really fake excited/hyper way or overreacts ala 'YOU ARE PATHETIC!' or 'I'm a bad person wah!' :P
  • Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laurens always been drinking but she did start to drink more around Tanya's cancer story and she had to deal with it herself. If anything I think thats whats caused it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't of minded the naked flame in the garage mistake if it wasn't for the out of tune singing of the poxy Happy Birthday song!

When I'm having to endure such rubbish I laugh my way through it. EastEnders is now so bad it's good!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mysty211 wrote: »
    Laurens always been drinking but she did start to drink more around Tanya's cancer story and she had to deal with it herself. If anything I think thats whats caused it.

Or the fact the writers were bored and just wrote any old tosh.