Best Take That Single Since They Reformed?

pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since Take That reformed i think they have released some cracking singles and overall i think take that phase 2 singles are overall stronger than phase. Im not denying there were some cracking singles first time round such as never forget and back for good but i think there newer material is far stronger. Which is your favourite since their return though?

Best Take That Single Since Their Return. 116 votes

Patience.
21% 25 votes
Shine.
12% 15 votes
Id Wait For Life
0% 1 vote
Rule The World
31% 37 votes
Greatest Day.
8% 10 votes
Up All Night.
3% 4 votes
Said It All.
4% 5 votes
The Flood.
7% 9 votes
Kidz.
8% 10 votes

Comments

• pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know the garden and happy now have charted but they were not offical singles, in happy now i should say as of yet, but as neither is offical i didnt add them in the poll.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    patience, without a doubt. what a fantastic song. gary can really pull it out of the bag sometimes!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Gary is great at pulling great songs out of the bag, in order of prefernce mine are

01 Rule The World (love this as much today as when it was released, especially the live version)
    02 The Flood, again love it especially the chorus and the last minute and half of the song.
    03 Up All Night, always puts a smile on my face and should have made the top 10.
    04 Patience, great song, fantastic song to return with aswell.
    05 Shine, like up all night always puts a smile on my face.
    06 Greatest Day, wasnt a huge fan at first but has grown on me alot over time.
    07 Kidz, something very catchy about it but not as catchy as shine and up all night.
    08 Said it all, nice song from a brilliant album but would have prefer why did it come to this as a single
    09 Id wait for life, should never have been a single, reach out should have been, id wait for life is nice but a tad boring and goes nowhere.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Voted for Patience. Would have voted for Happy Now if it was there.
  • desmenelopedesmenelope Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Hold Up A Light not an official release? Love that one.

If not, I'll plump for Rule The World. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Hold Up A Light not an official release? Love that one.

If not, I'll plump for Rule The World. :)

No, sadly it wasnt an offical release but i think it was sent to radio to promote the release of the live album, i still think it would have made a great single and it went down very well on the tour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voted for Patience, but Rule The World is a great song too
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted Patience, but Rule the World, Kidz, Shine and Up All Night were all great singles, and I love Hold Up a Light too.

I love Take That :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up All Night, for me.

I'm surprised Shine and Greatest Day aren't leading.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pikeur wrote: »
    08 Said it all, nice song from a brilliant album but would have prefer how did it come to this as a single

If i could pick one song from any previous albums to release, it would be this.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Defo Greatest Day, but Up All Night is fun and Rule the World is a grower.

Ironically, the lyric "You're keeping me up all night" reprised a lyric from Robbie Williams' Rock DJ.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    The Flood definitely. I love Robbie though - i've only started paying attention to TT after Robbie returned :)

Shine is pretty good too though, can't stand Mark Owens voice though!
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up All Night is a tune
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Patience closely followed by Up All Night.
  • dabotsonlinedabotsonline Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    "Patience"
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rule The World.

Morrisons adverts have ruined shine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Kidz, i thinki it's an amazing song
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vote is alot more divided than i thought, its great to see every single has a vote now.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of TT but Rule The World is a fantastic song.

I like Patience and The Flood too but these are probably the only 3 TT songs I've ever thought were ok
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Not a fan of TT but Rule The World is a fantastic song.

I like Patience and The Flood too but these are probably the only 3 TT songs I've ever thought were ok

Well as you are soome who isnt a fan and i am a huge fan i can see why those songs appeal to the non fans.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shine, bloody fantastic song

Also love Up All Night and Said It All.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rule the Worls is an amazing song and should have won a grammy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rule the Worls is an amazing song and should have won a grammy!

I agree, rule the world in my opinion is an absolute classic and im delighted its by far their biggest selling single since they returned and its still selling as it has often reappeared in the lower end of the top 100 singles chart even this year. Definitly should have won a grammy.

Im actually surprised kidz has more votes than the flood in this poll, i like kidz myself but i think the flood is 100 times better and is very epic especially the chorus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pikeur wrote: »
    I agree, rule the world in my opinion is an absolute classic and im delighted its by far their biggest selling single since they returned and its still selling as it has often reappeared in the lower end of the top 100 singles chart even this year. Definitly should have won a grammy.

Im actually surprised kidz has more votes than the flood in this poll, i like kidz myself but i think the flood is 100 times better and is very epic especially the chorus.

Quite right it should have won and its def on eof the best songs from the last decade! And yes i like The Flood and alot of there ballads are very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ballads well most of them are good but i have to say up all night and shine are great pop songs. Anytime i hear them they put a smile on my face especially in this lovely weather we have aswell.