Options

Steps

124»

Comments

• Options
    pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure it will get a dvd release well here is hoping as its a cheese fest i greatly want to see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    I think i like Claire the best :) I think she's the most down to earth and even though it annoys me a bit that she's never really properly apologised for the way she left the group, i can't help but like her and I think she genuinely can't see how it was wrong to do that.

H - Fair play to him for admitting he and Claire were wrong in the way they handled leaving the group. Don't know that i'd trust him, but he's entertaining to watch.

Lisa - Can't decide how genuine she is but i don't mind her.

Lee - Dislike. Comes across as being a wimpy and bitchy guy to me and if he was your friend, I don't get the impression he'd have your back. I'm surprised so many like him tbh.

Faye - Too desperate for my liking and i think she can be a bit nasty when trying to persuade the others to reform Steps. I don't like when she plays the "I put my baby plans on hold for this" guilt trip - not fair imo. I don't think she's got much time for Claire either. But underneath that desperation, which i can understand, she seems quite nice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think i like Claire the best :) I think she's the most down to earth and even though it annoys me a bit that she's never really properly apologised for the way she left the group, i can't help but like her and I think she genuinely can't see how it was wrong to do that.

H - Fair play to him for admitting he and Claire were wrong in the way they handled leaving the group. Don't know that i'd trust him, but he's entertaining to watch.

Lisa - Can't decide how genuine she is but i don't mind her.

Lee - Dislike. Comes across as being a wimpy and bitchy guy to me and if he was your friend, I don't get the impression he'd have your back. I'm surprised so many like him tbh.

Faye - Too desperate for my liking and i think she can be a bit nasty when trying to persuade the others to reform Steps. I don't like when she plays the "I put my baby plans on hold for this" guilt trip - not fair imo. I don't think she's got much time for Claire either. But underneath that desperation, which i can understand, she seems quite nice.

I dont think Claire has anything to apologise for though, she made the decision based on the fact that she didn't want to be there any more.. She is honest about the fact that she doesn't regret leaving so why should she apologise?!

Vocally no-one can touch Claire, I have an intense dislike for Lisa for an unknown reason really, as with H I just can't warm to her at all!! Lee is so meh he doesn't register a response!! Personality wise Faye tops the chart but that's because of how she came across in the first reunion episode, she wanted the answers but didnt seem to play on it like Lisa did!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    just noticed "steps: The Final concert" on sky 3D last night and thought i'd give it a watch... dissapointed that they weren't singing live for at least 90% of it.. the audience looked a bit bored, but by all accounts it was a good show.. so maybe you had to be there?..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just noticed "steps: The Final concert" on sky 3D last night and thought i'd give it a watch... dissapointed that they weren't singing live for at least 90% of it.. the audience looked a bit bored, but by all accounts it was a good show.. so maybe you had to be there?..

It was dubbed in many parts and they Sky played the songs out of order as well :/.

The poster who said Faye doesn't have time for Claire, wrong, they are very close. Don't believe all you see on tv, tensions are good for tv ;).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my tickets for the Hit Factory tour!

Looking forward to seeing Steps
  • Options
    idlewildgirlidlewildgirl Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I went to the two Manchester shows and it was all live but with some backing track for the more dance heavy numbers, and the audience were probably the most energetic I have ever seen! everyone was stood up dancing :D
  • Options
    lorrie152lorrie152 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I dont think Claire has anything to apologise for though, she made the decision based on the fact that she didn't want to be there any more.. She is honest about the fact that she doesn't regret leaving so why should she apologise?!

Vocally no-one can touch Claire, I have an intense dislike for Lisa for an unknown reason really, as with H I just can't warm to her at all!! Lee is so meh he doesn't register a response!! Personality wise Faye tops the chart but that's because of how she came across in the first reunion episode, she wanted the answers but didnt seem to play on it like Lisa did!!

I'm not a Claire fan by any stretch of the imagination and while I agree that she doesn't need to apologise for leaving (if she was really unhappy then she has every right to leave, she needed to do what was best for her) But she should definitely at least show remorse for the WAY she left the group.. giving the other 3 letters without any warning or indication and basically walking out on a 5 year friendship there and then that very night.

It's a pretty shit thing to do. At least H has admitted it was a terrible way to deal with things.
  • Options
    icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I watched that and found the whole thing a bit boring and amateurish. The dancing seemed laboured and the big screen had the cheesiest vids showing.

Saying that, I will be seeing them in North Wales.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm not saying she should apologise for leaving. That was the right thing to do if she was unhappy and i completely understand that :).
    It's the way she did it that was inappropriate imo. To tell them right before their show...really? :( The others say it came out of the blue so presumably she hadn't said much to them about how she was feeling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lorrie152 wrote: »
    I'm not a Claire fan by any stretch of the imagination and while I agree that she doesn't need to apologise for leaving (if she was really unhappy then she has every right to leave, she needed to do what was best for her) But she should definitely at least show remorse for the WAY she left the group.. giving the other 3 letters without any warning or indication and basically walking out on a 5 year friendship there and then that very night.

It's a pretty shit thing to do. At least H has admitted it was a terrible way to deal with things.

Spot on! :) That's what i meant.