Options

Lungbarrow (Novel)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
Forum Member
1) I found a copy for 50p in my local Oxfam! :D
2) I know it's not canon and I know it's part of the Cartmel Masterplan but I love it.

Comments

• Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who says its not canon?
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Who says its not canon?

The fact that its very premise has been contradicted many many times over in the main continuity of Doctor Who - ie: the tv show.
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    Who says its not canon?

<papercut>It isn't.</papercut>
  • Options
    alphonsusalphonsus Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got it at the time of printing. I've always found it a bit of a mess, really, couldn't follow it much. Going to flog it? Recent prices of sold copies on eBay are 55.00, 77.00, 99.99, 110.00GBP!
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd flog it if I were you, even speaking as someone who loves books. The (somewhat revised) text is still floating around cyberspace in PDF form. Egad, what a windfall! 50p!
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    It's an excellent novel and a rare find as it was one of the last printed
  • Options
    Evil GeniusEvil Genius Posts: 8,870
    Forum Member
    bobbit wrote: »
    1) I found a copy for 50p in my local Oxfam! :D
    2) I know it's not canon and I know it's part of the Cartmel Masterplan but I love it.

Holy crap! That is an excellent find. I think thats the dream all collectors have. Flog it if you like or keep it a while longer as the price keeps on going up.

I've still got a mint copy signed by Sylvester.

I went through a period years ago of getting certain Virgin NA and MA signed by people. I don't have as many as I used to - I had to sell a lot back in 2011, to cover a roof repair bill that my insurance company wouldn't pay off (they classed extreme snow damage as natural causes)

I had 2 copies of The Dying Days signed by McGann - sold one back then for £110.00.
    However I still have my mint copies of So Vile a Sin signed by McCoy, Cold Fusion signed by McCoy & Peter Davison, The Dark Path signed by Fraser & Debbie Watling, Killing Ground signed by Colin and The Scales of Injustice signed by Caroline John & Richard Franklin.

I have no idea what hapened to my original copy of The Sands of Time signed both by Davison & Sarah Sutton - it went missing between moves. And I confess I did have A Device of Death signed by Liz Sladen. I sold it and 5 days later she died. Like everyone else I was saddened by the news, but I'm sad to say there was a little part of me thinking 'If only I had waited another week!' :blush:

The only others I have are the individual Handbooks from back in the 90's.
    With the exception of Lalla Ward, Bonnie Langford and Maureen O'Brien, if they were still with us from when I started getting signatures back in 2001 they've signed their relevant handbooks.
    Doctors and companions all!