Breastfeeding Lady

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    Since almost all ladies are bashful creatures, I'd say even that is an exadgeration. The ones I've encountered in public places use shawls, baggy jumpers, coats etc to ensure that only the baby gets to see anything at all. The rest of us see a baby with it's head up the jumper. I find it very cute.

Totally agree. I know I was paranoid about even 1cm of skin being shown when I first started as I was nervous of a confrontation. These days I would almost relish the opportunity to confront such ignorance :D
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    My 19 month old will not give up! :( He doesn't tolerate cows' milk either and soy milk is not working out too well. His brother stopped at 14 months because breastfeeding was too much hard work and it was easier to toddle around with a cup of water or milk and still look around at stuff.

I don't feed my youngest in public because he does not like anything covering his face. He is known for yanking my top up so feeding in public is a no-no.

I can see that is not really your thing, is it:D Being a lady of decorum.:cool: Our 1st did that to OH in Pizza express in Ocean Village, Southampton in the middle of a meeting with a boat manufacturer we were buying from. I have never seen her so embarrassed before or since. He was under 1 at the time too. Strange to think he is 18 and at uni now.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    My 19 month old will not give up! :( He doesn't tolerate cows' milk either and soy milk is not working out too well. His brother stopped at 14 months because breastfeeding was too much hard work and it was easier to toddle around with a cup of water or milk and still look around at stuff.

I don't feed my youngest in public because he does not like anything covering his face. He is known for yanking my top up so feeding in public is a no-no.
    Lol, I remember those days. My eldest was two years old and my youngest two years and nine months before they stopped. The little one only fed at night or if she was hurt or tired, happy enough with a cup the rest of the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Next time this happens, go up to her and say, "excuse me, do you mind moving over?"
    When she says "of course, not at all," say "I was talking to the bairn."

I wish with all my heart that this forum had a like button!