Channels moved around and Film4 now asking for Pin number! WTF?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
Forum Member
:confused:

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else tonight.. but gone to Film4 (315) tonight.. and 9:00pm film, Day the Earth Stood Still.. is now asking me for a pin number!!! WTF??? never done this before.. and also movies4men (325) Sweeny Todd.. also asking for a pin number???

Any ideas as to why this has started.. also lots of EPG information not available on the now and next..

is it something to do with Sky messing around with a load of channel numbers recently and they've screwed up my box?

I've just got a standard Sky Grundig box with a Freesat card..

the bad thing is - I can't remember my pin number at the moment and which 4 digits it's supposed to be on the card by default.. failing that, does anyone have Sky Customer Service number to hand???? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the last four digits on the sky card unless you've changed it.

Sounds like some parental controls have been activated as I'm not getting anything like that on my box.
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No problems with my SD box.

Have you tried turning the box off/on at the power?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    UPDATE: Okay, the problem with the PIN seems to have cleared itself.. I was away from the TV and box for about 30 minutes and the channel came back on without entering any pin details..

this may be something to do with the Sky EPG re-shuffle.. it's a bit of a pain though..

.. still not getting all the Now and Next information on the EPG when flicking between channels..

.. and Sky say believe in better.. they're havin' a larf.. can't believe they don't announce these re-shuffles in advance.. :rolleyes:
  • gothergother Posts: 14,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dttuser wrote: »
    UPDATE: Okay, the problem with the PIN seems to have cleared itself.. I was away from the TV and box for about 30 minutes and the channel came back on without entering any pin details..

this may be something to do with the Sky EPG re-shuffle.. it's a bit of a pain though..

.. still not getting all the Now and Next information on the EPG when flicking between channels..

.. and Sky say believe in better.. they're havin' a larf.. can't believe they don't announce these re-shuffles in advance.. :rolleyes:

They announced them months ago if you do a search you'll see a huge thread about it.
    As for the now and next switch your box off at the mains for a minute then switch it back on that should sort it.